“friendly from the front door”

Carlile's Restaurant
Ranked #7 of 68 Restaurants in Scottsboro
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Reviewed September 23, 2013

family owned-kept the buffet open past cutoff time just for us
even special made fried green tomatoes for us
great choice on the buffet
peach cobbler wonderful

Reviewed September 21, 2013

Tonight the specialty was prime rib. My husband loves prime rib but he was very disappointed.
The prime rib was cooked medium but it was tough, had to chew and chew in order to swallow so he finally just gave up and left half of it on his plate. My pork chop was greasy and also very tough. Tomato pie was very good. Our waitress was very friendly but not really knowledgeable of the menu items nor prices. Have eaten here in the past and ordered the burger which was very good, but tonight's was disappointing.

Reviewed September 15, 2013

we read the reviews & decided to give it a try. we had the buffet & the fried chicken was
very good. I had the salad bar. yes, it's bagged lettuce but a lot choices. If I lived here
would I return, yes.

Reviewed September 12, 2013

My wife and I visited for the first time since some friends recommended this restaurant. I ordered the chicken stir fry and it was okay, but a bit greasy. My wife ordered the grilled salmon and it was too dry. The vegetables tasted like they were from a can. The waitress was nice but acted a little frustrated when you asked her for a refill or if you asked her a question about the menu. We will probably not go to this restaurant next time we are in Scottsboro.

Reviewed September 9, 2013

We went to this restaurant because they are famous for their tomato pie. Ours was not good. It was cooked so hard that we had to cut with a knife and it was not edible. On the buffet the fried green tomatoes were very good along with the fried chicken Everything else was fair and very little of the rest on the line. We were there at 12:30 so the buffet should have been stocked very well.