“Good Mexican Food”

Buenavista Mexican Cantina
Ranked #3 of 68 Restaurants in Scottsboro
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed July 16, 2014 via mobile

We ate here in the middle if the afternoon so they were not busy at all. I really liked the decor, especially the cool light fixtures. My husband ordered a burrito which was huge! He said it was very good. I had a mini chimichanga with rice. It was very good, as well. The service was good. Great place to stop for an inexpensive , quick meal!

Reviewed July 15, 2014

This was my first trip to this restaurant, but certainly not my last if I'm ever in this area again. The restaurant was well decorated, although the lighting was a bit dim. The food however was excellent. I had a chicken taco salad and it was the best I've ever had. I would certainly recommend this restaurant to anyone traveling in this area.

Reviewed July 1, 2014

We were driving home from a weekend trip to Chattanooga and saw this restaurant right off the highway and thought we'd take a chance. Wow! From the time we pulled up we were impressed with the beautiful landscaping and patio and when we walked in we were wowed even more with the fabulous décor! It was way over the usual cheesy, predictable Mexican restaurant themes. We were seated promptly and greeted by a cheerful waiter who waited on us well. The crispy chips and salsa (not too hot) were great. The menu had a great array of choices for about the same prices that we are used to at all Mexican restaurants ($8-$12). We had the grilled steak burrito and fish tacos (each w/ sides of rice, guacamole salad). I wish we had this restaurant where I live!

Reviewed July 1, 2014

I can always tell if I will like a Mexican restaurant if the Chips and Salsa are good. These were great. The atmosphere, the beverages and the food were excellent. We ended up eating here 2 of our 3 nights in Scottsboro. Kids loved the tacos and we had chicken enchiladas and a huge California burrito. Definetly will be going back next time we are in the area.

Reviewed June 26, 2014

We chose this restaurant based on its proximity to our hotel. What a pleasant experience. The decor was upscale from the typical Mexican restaurant--I loved the unusual lighting. But the food is the reason was enjoyed ourselves. My husband had the burrito California, a huge plate-full. My son had three enchiladas. They were plump and full of meat....not skimpy at all. I had the chicken quesadilla. Yummy. I couldn't eat it all, overall, a good experience.