“Great buys!”

Unclaimed Baggage Center
More attraction details
Owner description: Airline unclaimed baggage ends up here, and you can buy the lost items at bargain-basement prices.
Reviewed February 27, 2014

At first it is a little overwhelming - then I started shopping! We purchased a jacket, an Anne Klein coat, a book, an umbrella and a pair of men's shoes for a total of $37.00. The clothes and shoes look brand new! Will definitely shop there again next time we're in the area.

UnclaimedBaggageCtr, Public Relations Manager at Unclaimed Baggage Center, responded to this reviewResponded March 17, 2014

You certainly know how to stretch a dollar, or 37 of them I should say! Glad you had a super trip! ~Brenda Cantrell

Write a ReviewReviews (1,415)

Reviewed February 19, 2014 via mobile

Don't waste your time on this place. It is way overpriced for what it is. It sounds interesting enough and it is amazing how much stuff (if you believe the concept) still manages to get "lost and/or unclaimed.

1  Thank Ken K
UnclaimedBaggageCtr, Public Relations Manager at Unclaimed Baggage Center, responded to this reviewResponded February 20, 2014

Yep, we are the only store in America that buys and resells lost and unclaimed airline luggage in the US. We also sell unclaimed cargo and a few opportunity buys. So-we are the real deal, and have been for 44 years strong now. As for overpriced? Please email me at lovetopshop@unclaimedbaggage.com so we can talk more. Very interested to get your, and all of our shoppers' feedback so we can continue to make our store truly amazing. ~Brenda Cantrell

Reviewed February 18, 2014

My family and I went on our way from Atlanta, and it was totally worth the drive. I got a few band t-shirts, a cute pair of converse, a belt, and a few tank tops. All for cheaper than the mall. Yes, this place is pretty expensive, but the products are set at such a great price for the quality. They have really amazing formal dresses, electronics, jewelry, and shoes all worth the price you can get them for. If you get the chance, definetly go here.

Glad you and the fan got a chance to stop and shop. Hope to see you again soon! ~Brenda Cantrell

Reviewed February 16, 2014 via mobile

Dear travelers and Brenda,

My biggest mistake was not reading the tripadvisor reviews before coming here.

44% of the REVIEWS are
TERRIBLE
POOR
AVERAGE
(118 out of 269)
That my fellow travelers, says a lot!

My hubby and I traveled to Atlanta for vacation and made a detour to visit the Cathedral Caverns and UBC. I had heard about the UBC from friends and also from a segment on a news show. I was completely dismayed when we arrived to what appears to be a junky Goodwill like store. It smelled, overheated, it's not nicely laid out and there isn't anything worth buying that you can not get another donation type place.

44% of the REVIEWS are
TERRIBLE
POOR
Or AVERAGE

Save your money

Use your time to visit the awesome natural wonders of the Cathedral Caverns just a few miles away.

1  Thank melobeam
UnclaimedBaggageCtr, Public Relations Manager at Unclaimed Baggage Center, responded to this reviewResponded February 18, 2014

hey there, Brenda here. I must say that I am quite surprised ( I really am) that you would call the store smelly and junky. All our items are professionally laundered, store cleaned throughout every single day, the smell of fresh baked chocolate chip cookies from the cafe usually floating through the air, the store organized better than most upscale department stores, electronics and jewelry out the wazoo. Store may have been hot when you visited- we have crazy weather in Alabama this time of the year (snow last week, 70s this week), so keeping 26 heat/air conditioning adjusted to the daily changes can sometimes be difficult. You've left me perplexed and wondering if you may have gone into one of the "copy cat" stores that sit in close proximity to our store. You and I can agree on one thing though, Cathedral Caverns is amazing. ~Brenda Cantrell

Reviewed January 9, 2014 via mobile

Not really sure what the story is on this place, but it's basically a huge Goodwill type of place. They do have many new items with the original tags on them, but the prices on those items were way too high. The used items seemed reasonably priced. The reason I only gave one star is because we called the store before we came (from Chattanooga) to ask the hours and the lady said they closed at 6pm. When we got there at 2:30 they made an announcement that they were closing at 3pm because it was Christmas Eve. We were highly disappointed because we specifically called to make sure we would have enough time to make our hour and a half drive worth it.
Total disappointment!

UnclaimedBaggageCtr, Public Relations Manager at Unclaimed Baggage Center, responded to this reviewResponded January 11, 2014

Beebopabby- we are very very sorry about our mistake! I completely understand your great disappointment to learn that we were closing shortly after your arrival, when you had chosen to spend your afternoon with us. We field hundreds and hundreds of calls weekly inquiring about closing time, and it was simply a mistake that we misinformed you on our closing time for Christmas Eve. Please email me at lovetoshop@unclaimedbaggage.com so I discuss this with you further. Sincerely ~Brenda Cantrell