“Day trip”

Unclaimed Baggage Center
More attraction details
Owner description: Airline unclaimed baggage ends up here, and you can buy the lost items at bargain-basement prices.
Seymour, Tennessee
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Day trip”
Reviewed January 21, 2013

This was my first time visiting unclaimed baggage we drove down from Knoxville, Tennessee, it was well worth the trip! I got some great deals! They have a little of everything and the prices are great on most things. They get new stuff everyday! I can't wait to visit again.

1 Thank Jinean1226
UnclaimedBaggageCtr, Public Relations Manager at Unclaimed Baggage Center, responded to this review, January 23, 2013
Thanks for making the trip from Seymour. We look forward to having you back again!

Cleveland, Tennessee
94 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 82 helpful votes
“a glorified goodwill”
Reviewed January 21, 2013

not impressed! I really enjoy going to thrift stores and looking for bargains, but this shopping experience was more like an over priced goodwill. If I'm going to buy used clothing I want it to be very cheap (under 5 dollars) and I didn't see anything that would be a great deal worth standing in line to buy. If your going through Scottsboro and have time you could stop for a little while, but don't make a special trip to the middle of no where just to shop here.

4 Thank lcgovols
Sorry to hear we didn't meet your expectations. When people travel, the usually carry their best clothing and electronics, and those are the types of items we receive their our purchasing agreements for unclaimed & lost baggage. Therefore, our quality should be better than any thrift store, where items are donated after they are no longer wanted by the previous owner. would love for you to give us another chance when you are through the area.
Nashville, Tennessee
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Not as many bargains as we were hoping for”
Reviewed January 20, 2013

We thought it would be "good will" pricing for everything. Although it was larger than I thought, most of the products were about sale item price, not used clothing price. I did find one sweater for $4.99 that must have been not closely inspected: it was 100% scottish wool. Fun to go to say you've been

Visited November 2012
georgia
50 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 75 helpful votes
“My second trip!”
Reviewed January 13, 2013

I love Unclaimed Baggage and was dying to go back. We were within an hour of the place yesterday and made the trip! Always an adventure. I found several items, even a new Lacoste jacket for $25! It is a treasure hunt, but there are lots of bargains to be found. They have a huge facility and it is very clean and neatly arranged. The staff is very pleasant and always helpful. The electronics section has pretty much any item you could be looking for. I did notice that the apple products seem to have gone up in price since my last visit, but I think they are very fair on pricing. Also, alot of items were 25-75% off all over the store. My only complaint for yesterday's visit was that there was not enough staff at the electronics and jewelry counters. There was only one lady at the jewelry counter and one person at each of the electronics counters. There were a lot of shoppers in there looking at jewelry and electronics!

3 Thank Jennifer H
UnclaimedBaggageCtr, Public Relations Manager at Unclaimed Baggage Center, responded to this review, January 21, 2013
Hey bobstover! So glad you had to make a trip back to UBC and scored your Lacoste jacket! Sorry to hear we were understaffed in those key areas you mentioned. We aim to staff the store well, but like the rest of the country, we have been dealing with illnesses making their rounds with the staff. We look forward to having you visit us again. Give me a shout out next time you head this way and maybe I can say hello! thanks! Brenda Cantrell
Saint Joseph, Missouri
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Great finds!”
Reviewed December 27, 2012

UCB was a fun side trip for Christmas in Disney vacation. It is somewhat like a huge TJMAX. Lots of iPads (got an un elite able deal on mine!), phones and cameras galore. High end jewelry, clothing, men's, women's and children's -- even a couple of wedding dresses and fur coats. Lots of sporting goods and books, movies and CDs too.

The say they put out approximately 7,000 items per day. I saw employees come out with carts a few times in the 3 hours we were there. Nothing is sold online. You have to go there to shop. All the clothing is cleaned before being put out to sell.

Fun day of shopping if you enjoy searching for bargains.

Visited December 2012