McCutchen's Magnolia House Restaurants
Ranked #10 of 70 Restaurants in Scottsboro
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed June 14, 2014

BLT...with Green Fried Tomato was tasty and bacon was crispy and delicious. My husband had a hot ham and cheese sandwich...this was very good,too.

1  Thank Michele A

Reviewed May 30, 2014

For around these parts. this buffet is delicious! Eating in this old home is a class all of its own. We love it and consider this restaurant to be one of our favorites.

1  Thank Mimi
Reviewed April 16, 2014

Most notably, the service is excellent and the people are so very friendly. We bypassed the buffet because it seemed a little heavy (as most southern comfort food is), but enjoyed our salad samplers, fried green tomatoes and ham sandwich, yum. They were out of their vinegar pie so we were unable to try that for the first time. We liked the fried green tomatoes, honey butter and strawberry butter. The food was good, sometimes very yummy, but the main reason to visit this place is the atmosphere, the quaint comfortable feel of the place and the excellent people there to talk with you about the history of the house and Scottsboro in particular. We loved it.

1  Thank tonit2112 .
Reviewed January 27, 2014 via mobile

We have been to McCutchen's many times on Sundays to satisfy our "Meat and 3" craving. We took some out of town guests to McCutchen's to experience the yummy Southern comfort foods--one of whom is a Northern girl. Everything was delicious and perfect! We could not have asked for a better meal. The strawberry butter is amazing!
I went the following Saturday in hopes of trying the Chicken Salad Sandwich that so many rave about, but I was far from impressed. The dish lacked salt. To say it was bland was an understatement. I think with some salt it could have been delicious because it was loaded with grapes and walnuts--my two favorite things in chicken salad. I also got a side of fries for my daughter and they were cold and tasted as if they had been prepared the day before. The sweet tea was also unimpressive. I think I caught them on a "off day".

Reviewed December 31, 2013

What can I say? This is an awesome dish! Homemade chicken salad on lettuce, a strawberry designed as a rose, a goblet filled with grapes and a slice of orange, and cream cheese and jello dessert...The arrangement is gorgeous and the meal delicious!
You must try to appreciate.

1  Thank Mimi
star19562006, Manager at McCutchen's Magnolia House Restaurants, responded to this reviewResponded January 24, 2014

Thank you so much Sherry C for your delightful comment. I am glad you enjoyed your Sampler Plate. Please join us again when in town.