“Delicious” 5 of 5 bubbles

Dining options: Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Alabama
“Delicious”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 30, 2014

For around these parts. this buffet is delicious! Eating in this old home is a class all of its own. We love it and consider this restaurant to be one of our favorites.

Visited May 2014

“We had a great time and the food was pretty darn good too”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 16, 2014

Most notably, the service is excellent and the people are so very friendly. We bypassed the buffet because it seemed a little heavy (as most southern comfort food is), but enjoyed our salad samplers, fried green tomatoes and ham sandwich, yum. They were out of their vinegar pie so we were unable to try that for the first time. We liked the fried green tomatoes, honey butter and strawberry butter. The food was good, sometimes very yummy, but the main reason to visit this place is the atmosphere, the quaint comfortable feel of the place and the excellent people there to talk with you about the history of the house and Scottsboro in particular. We loved it.

• Visited April 2014
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank tonit2112 .
“2 Very Different Visits”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 27, 2014 via mobile

We have been to McCutchen's many times on Sundays to satisfy our "Meat and 3" craving. We took some out of town guests to McCutchen's to experience the yummy Southern comfort foods--one of whom is a Northern girl. Everything was delicious and perfect! We could not have asked for a better meal. The strawberry butter is amazing!
I went the following Saturday in hopes of trying the Chicken Salad Sandwich that so many rave about, but I was far from impressed. The dish lacked salt. To say it was bland was an understatement. I think with some salt it could have been delicious because it was loaded with grapes and walnuts--my two favorite things in chicken salad. I also got a side of fries for my daughter and they were cold and tasted as if they had been prepared the day before. The sweet tea was also unimpressive. I think I caught them on a "off day".

Alabama
“The Magnolia Chicken Salad Sampler”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 31, 2013

What can I say? This is an awesome dish! Homemade chicken salad on lettuce, a strawberry designed as a rose, a goblet filled with grapes and a slice of orange, and cream cheese and jello dessert...The arrangement is gorgeous and the meal delicious!
You must try to appreciate.

• Visited December 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
star19562006, Manager at McCutchen's Magnolia House Restaurants, responded to this review, January 24, 2014
Thank you so much Sherry C for your delightful comment. I am glad you enjoyed your Sampler Plate. Please join us again when in town.
Nashville, Tennessee
“Hidden Treasure”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2013

Drove by this place a least two other times on visits and did not even notice that it was a resturant. We asked some locals where to get a meat and three and they told us about it. Very quaint place. Old house made into a resturant. I thought the price was very reasonable also. I had a hugh homemade hamburger with sweet potato fries and a drink for a little over 6.00. The bad (which was not too bad) is that the employees seemed to not understand that we were not from the area and did not know how the buffet worked. I will visit again I am sure.

Visited June 2013
coxthatrox .... Thank you so much for your comment. Please accept my apologies from myself and my staff for not explaining about the hot food bar. I am glad you enjoyed your meal but do wished you had have gotten the choice to try the hot food bar if you had wanted it. We hope to get the chance to meet you again when you are in Scottsboro.