“Country food for lunch”

Dining options: Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Hollywood, Alabama
“Country food for lunch”
Reviewed April 18, 2013

Eat there about three days a week. Have lots of daily customers. If you like country cooking or salads such as chicken salad, cranberry salad you will like eating here. Only negavtive is that they are only open for lunch. close to the square.

Visited April 2013

Scottsboro, Alabama
“Quaint place!”
Reviewed February 25, 2013

What a charming place! It is always nice to have a meal in a quaint, comfortable home. The food is consistantly very good and the service always excellent! If you are looking for some place different, you have to check it out. They are open everyday for lunch and sometimes for dinner around holidays.

• Visited February 2013
Nokomis, Florida
“Fantastic!”
Reviewed February 16, 2013

Ate Valentines Day dinner there and it was perfect. We drove past and thought the old house looked unique and we wanted to try a "local" restaurant. We were greeted with hearts and roses every where when we entered for dinner. The owner met us and poured champagne. Dinner that evening was a fixed menu, We selected from the meals offered and specified how we wanted the steaks cooked. The first item was chocolate covered strawberries. The appetizers were fried stuffed jalapenos stuffed mushrooms fried shrimp, and caprese cherry tomatoes -all excellent. Soup or salad was next My soup was tomato bisque and it was very good. The main meal was steak with a choice of two sides. The steak was perfectly cooked and had a rub that gave it great flavor. The wife had mixed vegtables and garlic potatoes with her steak. She raved about the potatoes. I had sweet potato fries and asparagus both of which were perfectly prepared. Dessert was creme brule' for me and cheesecake for the wife. My dessert was light and flavorful--the best creme brule' I've ever had, and the cheesecake was very good. The owner showed me some of the unique features of the house, filled me in on local history, and in short made us feel welcome and almost family. All of the wait staff were caring and professional.

Visited February 2013
1 Thank RckMtn12
Alabama
“Charmed”
Reviewed January 7, 2013

I love to take my Mother to this local Restaurant. It is situated on a huge lot on Willow Street near downtown Scottsboro, Alabama. The menus are appetizing and the buffet is always tasty. I love the atmosphere and the service. Food here is always delicious and you can enjoy a bit of history while you visit. You can use a whole room or just an individual seating arrangement. Their rolls with the honey butter are amazing.

• Visited November 2012
guntersville,AL
“Victorian House Restaurant”
Reviewed October 26, 2012 via mobile

I recently paid a visit to the Unclaimed Baggage store in Scotsboro, AL. I was looking for someplace unique to have lunch. I discovered the Magnolia House, formally the Blue Willow. The house itself is very cute, decorated very Victorian. I do not know the history of the house but in sure there's a story there.
They offered a hot food bar that appeared to include several meats and lots of vegie options. I ordered off of the menu, however. The menu listed several sandwiches and salads. I ordered the salad sampler plate. For around $8.00, it included a lot of food! The chicken salad was not the best I've ever had. It was tasteless. The pasta salad was good and the strawberry pretzel salad was very good. The plate also included a fruit cup and some delicious carrot muffins. They are known for their rolls( which looked like Sister Schubert's) and their strawberry butter and honey butter. The butters were very good and they even sell tubs of them should you wish to take some home. The service was very good. She kept my tea glass full. All in all, it was a nice experience.