“Best hotel in Scottsboro”

Hampton Inn & Suites Scottsboro
Ranked #1 of 10 Hotels in Scottsboro
Reviewed January 24, 2013

A small community but a hotel with all of the things you need to enjoy your stay. Staff are very accommodating and the rooms were impeccably clean. Even the equipment in the work out facility were top notch. Would stay again and would reccomend the location. Next step for them is a hot tub and year round pool!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
nms75, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Scottsboro, responded to this reviewResponded February 11, 2013

Dear Jeanette H,

Thank you for taking the time to submit an online review and for sharing your recent experience at the Hampton Inn & Suites - Scottsboro with others. Our staff takes a lot of pride in their efforts to acheive 100% Guest Satisfaction! I am glad that this was your experience! We look forward to taking care of you again real soon!

P.S. I second your motion for an indoor pool and hot tub! :-)

Hampton Inn & Suites - Scottsboro

Reviewed January 21, 2013

When reservation was made, requested a room away from the elevator and on top floor. Reservation was made far in advance of stay. Was given a room across the hall from the elevator on 3rd of 4 floors. Front desk refused to change rooms stating hotel was full although this was at 2:00 in the afternoon and I was one of only a few guests checked in. Consequently, because I'm a light sleeper, I was kept awake by the "dinging" of the elevator and the constant chatter of people getting on and off the elevator.

Hard to believe this is how a gold member is treated.

Room Tip: Ask to be away from the elevator. Maybe they will honor your request.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
nms75, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Scottsboro, responded to this reviewResponded January 23, 2013

Dear Phil B,

I appreciate your review of your recent stay at our hotel. First of all I would like to thank you for your loyalty to our hotels. As a gold member we appreciate your business and apologize for the inconveniences you went through. I understand that you were placed in a different room than the one you actually booked. Our front desk department goes through a lengthy process each day to ensure that our guests receive exactly the room expected, however at times we do not have the same availability due to room assignments of in-house guests prior to your arrival or from guests unexpectedly extending stays.

Again, I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience you went through and hope you give us another opportunity to stay with us next time you’re in town.

Nova Sisk

Reviewed January 12, 2013

I thought that the stay at the Hampton Inn in Scottsboro AL was just average. A co worker of mine stayed at the Comfort Inn about a mile from me, and I would have to say that I was sorry that I did not have a room at the comfort inn opposed to the hampton inn. His stay was 10 times more enjoyable than mine.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
nms75, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Scottsboro, responded to this reviewResponded January 14, 2013

Dear Ken F,

Thank you for the review of your recent stay at our hotel. I always appreciate hearing from our valued guests, especially when there is an opportunity for improvement. Our goal for every stay is to meet, if not exceed, each guest's expectations, and I regret that wasn't your experience during your recent trip to Scottsboro. In an effort to avoid more "average" rated stays in the future, I would like to continue this conversation via email or phone. I want to know what we can do different to improve our guests experience and make a "10 times more enjoyable" stay anywhere else simply unheard of! I look forward to hearing your feedback! Thanks again!

email: GM.Scottsboro@HotelEvolution.net

Reviewed January 5, 2013

My husband is here on business and needed somewhere to stay on and off - this is the best place hands down!

Think of the old sitcome Cheers - where everybody knows your name! Andrew, one of the front desk personell is just WONDERFUL! Whether it is help with a good place to eat, changing your room to a different style, getting extra pillows etc - he was great!! Everytime my husband comes in - oh you're back again! It's really cute!!

The breakfast is standard hotel breakfast - waffles, eggs, (but also hard boiled eggs!!!) juice, muffins, cereal, oatmeal, fruit etc. The breakfast lady is also really sweet! OH! And a super bonus for those of you traveling on business or leaving early - the do have breakfast baggies at the front desk for you to grab on your way out!! Really thoughtful!!!

The coffee smells fantastic and is available throughout the day.

In the afternoon there are fresh baked cookies you can grab on your way in or out.

The pool is small - but more than suffice .... same with the gym. Good equipment, but one of each and in a tiny room about the size of the business center (with 2 computers).

Internet here is slow in general - but you probably have one of the fastest connections at the Hampton compared to elsewhere.

The rooms are clean - and the cleaning staff are very friendly. Gotta LOVE their signs in the elevator telling guests to "sleep naked" because the sheets are so clean... it should get a little chuckle out of everyone!

All in all - one not great experience with an assistant manager - but still giving it 5 stars because EVERYTHING else was great :)

NOTE: This hotel can be hard to find....drive like you're heading towards Walmart but take the IMMEDIATE turn like you're heading towards Zaxbys and follow the little winding service road around... if you are in the Walmart parking lot, you can NOT get to the hotel!! You will follow the service road in front of the Mexican Cantina and Zaxbys and then take the turn right where you see the Hampton Inn sign board (right next to the Home Depot!) Caution - HUGE pot hole as you enter this turn towards the hotel. But then loop around towards the hotel and you'll be right there!!

Room Tip: The have access doors all over the building that are accessible only by room key - so parking is ver...
1  Thank court10482
nms75, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Scottsboro, responded to this reviewResponded January 7, 2013

Dear court10482,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at our hotel with others! I couldn't have said it better myself..."sometimes you wanna go, where everybody knows your name!"!! At the Hampton Inn & Suites - Scottsboro, we want every guest to have a memorable experience and consider our hotel their home away from home! We take pride in a strong commitment to Guest Satisfaction, and I am happy to know that, in your case, we delivered! Thanks again for the opportunity to take care of you while visiting Scottsboro, and we look forward to seeing you again real soon!

Reviewed November 28, 2012

Hamptons Inns overall can be a bit uneven in quality. Sometimes it can be a run-down property from the 1980's buried under 10,000 applications of disinfectant. Other times they can be newly minted sparkling clean facilities where nearly everything is just right. The Hampton Inn of Scottsboro is of the latter group. Good beds and pillows and very clean. Staff was very attentive.

The only downsides getting into the place -- do not use the Walmart parking lot as an entrance. There is a small sign on the Home Depot lot that directs you to the hotel. Secondly the walls have not a lick of acoustic insulation. As we heard showers activated and guests mulling about at 5:30 am. Along that line, the wife and I might also apologize to guests in the general vicinity of room 207 in case the amoure' was too passionate.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
nms75, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Scottsboro, responded to this reviewResponded January 4, 2013

Dear Joe 1860,

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Hampton Inn & Suites - Scottsboro during your recent trip to north Alabama, and thank you for taking the time to share your experience with others. I am always pleased when I read a guest's review that validates the impact of our team's commitment to 100% Satisfaction! You did mention the "passionate amoure" in your room?! (just kidding...of course we can't take credit for that!)

In regards to the "downsides" you mentioned, Joe 1860, finding the access road leading to the hotel's entrance is hands down our #1 complaint from first time guests. The small sign you mentioned is all that we are allowed in our location, and I agree, does not provide much benefit in directing you to the hotel entrance. Unfortunately we have had no luck finding a quick fix for this challenge and I apologize for the annoying inconvenience! On the bright side, the next time you travel to Scottsboro, Alabama, I guarantee you will have no problem arriving at our front door! :-)

Thank you again, Joe 1860, and I look forward to our next opportunity to take care of you and your guests!

Hampton Inn & Suites - Scottsboro

Reviewed October 24, 2012

About 5:30 PM I called the hotel to check on availability, was told there was one room left. I told the clerk (Jim) that I was about 5 minutes away, I was a Hilton Honor member, and would be right there. It took me about 10 minutes, because the driveway is poorly marked, I parked at Walmart and walked across the lawn rather than further delay arrival. When I told Jim I was the one who had called he said he had rented it and there was nothing available. I found this to be the worst customer service possible, obviously demand was very high and holding a room for 10 minutes would not have been an issue of ending up with an empty room. Making it worse was that being a Hilton Honor member had no impact. I was very upset with this incident, further complicated by the fact that after wasting time at the Hampton it had gotten dark and as a senior I have a difficult time driving after dark in a strange area. Then I had to try and find a room elsewhere. Really left a bad impression of Hampton Inn, and I will also contact Hilton Honors.

Room Tip: first trying to find the hotel will be a challenge
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
nms75, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Scottsboro, responded to this reviewResponded October 27, 2012

Dear Slotmachinequeen,

First things first, I want to personally apologize for your recent experience with Mr. Jim. Our inability to provide you with the accommodations you had just confirmed is by no means typical of the standards established by our hotel or the Hampton brand, and I hate that one of our valued Hilton Honors members had to encounter this annoying inconvenience. You can be confident of my follow-up with our Guest Services Agents on proper procedures to prevent this from happening again. I thank you for taking the time to submit this review and for bringing this incident to my attention. If you would like to talk to me personally, please feel free to call my cell anytime (256-244-2413). I hope you will allow us the opportunity serve you again in the future and re-gain your confidence in our commitment to customer satisfaction.

Nova Sisk, GM

Reviewed October 17, 2012

We went to Scottsboro to visit my son and his family. We stayed at this hotel and it was the best three days. The room was sooooo clean, the bed was extremely comfortable and the pillows were just right. Breakfast was very good and the coffee was great. The staff at the hotel was very friendly and there was no one there that was unpleasant. I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone staying in Scottsboro, and when I go back to visit I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Scottsboro
1 mi away
Days Inn Fort Payne
Days Inn Fort Payne
#3 of 7 in Fort Payne
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Fort Payne

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Scottsboro? Share your experiences!