“Nice, but kinda unprofessional”

Comfort Inn & Suites
Ranked #4 of 10 Hotels in Scottsboro
“Nice, but kinda unprofessional”
Reviewed October 11, 2011

The hotel was just beautiful inside as well as outside. We had booked 2 rooms with notes asking for adjoining rooms or as close as possible. We ended up with rooms on 2 different floors, apparently they didn't read our special requests. We had to ask to be moved closer, they gave us adjoining rooms. We get to our rooms, we couldn't find the door that adjoined the rooms. We called the front desk and the guy swears that our assigned rooms were in fact adjoining. Upon looking more closely, the guy realized our rooms were not adjoining. Needless to say we just kept those rooms. The rooms looked nice and clean. Although the front desk staff were nice, they looked like guests. They were wearing blue jeans, jerseys, zip up hoodies, untucked shirts, winter hat. All in all it was a pretty nice stay.

• Stayed October 2011
nvnhotels, --VP, Sales at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this review, October 14, 2011
Thank you very much for your review. We appreciate you choosing our Hotel while visiting the Scottsboro area. I apolofize for the experience you had regarding the room mix-up. I have spoken with the General Manager and she has assured me that the staff will be more detailed in handling guest requests such as yours. I have also spoken with her regarding the uniforms and she will address and correct that immediately. Once again, thank you for your review. Without them, we wouldn't be able to fix the issues that occur. We hope that you will consider us once again, when you visit the Scottsboro area

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed July 15, 2011

I was on a road trip through 12 states for 10 nights at 9 different hotels last summer including a St. Regis, a Westin a Marriott, a Fairfield Inn, a Days Inn etc. All across the board. We were delighted with this hotel and frankly blown away at how attractive and comfortable it was. Awesome breakfast buffet and I slept like a dream. I can't imagine there is a nicer hotel in the vicinity.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with friends
nvnhotels, VP-Sales at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this review, September 14, 2011
The you very much for your positive review. The Staff and Management at the Comfort Inn & Suites take great pride in exceeding our guest's expectations. I am happy this was this case during your stay. We hope this experience will assist you in considering us when you stay in the Scottsboro area again.
Omaha, Nebraska
Reviewed June 7, 2011

When comparing other hotels in area it would be very tough to beat this one. Very nice inside and out. Can not think of anything else it needs. Has everything for parking with room for your bass boat, to a nice outdoor space behind the hotel. Nearly new, nicely decorated, and reasonably priced. I stay in about 50 Choice properties a year. This may be among the nicest.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
Mukwonago, Wisconsin
Reviewed March 18, 2011

We stayed here in April, 2010, and were so impressed we made a point of staying here again this year. The king room was clean and spacious, but the bathroom was great. The shower/tub combination has a quarry-tiled seat. This visit we shared the hotel with several boatloads of contestants from a bass fishing tournament, who were much louder than we expected. The area has many restaurants and shopping. Breakfast was above average. This is my husband's favorite hotel.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank MrsMarx
Knoxville, Tennessee
Reviewed March 7, 2011

I have stayed here several times and enjoy the hotel immensely. The hotel is clean and quality, the staff is friendly and great. Breakfast is wonderful. The fitness center has excellent equipment in good shape. There is an indoor pool that looks nice as well. Its on the east side of scottsboro past the high school, but right on hwy 72. One week i did get a room without a shower, so be careful of that. Otherwise second to the Hampton this is my favorite in Scottsboro.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed December 5, 2010

When I first got there I could hear the guest in the next room going to the bathroom, the room just smelled musty and damp, and before I went to bed when I pulled the sheets back there was a small brown bug in my bed!!!!! Needless to say, I slept on top of the covers! I only stayed at this location because the Hampton Inn & Suites was sold out!

• Stayed December 2010, traveled on business
3 Thank lostinthecity10
Rogersville, Alabama
Reviewed October 2, 2010

We booked one night, but decided to stay another and tour the area and watch some football. Most comfortable room I have ever stayed in and the staff was most accomodating. Room was very clean and the bed was wonderful.. Will definitely stay again. Hope all Comfort Inns are as nice as this one

Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Scottsboro
Hampton Inn & Suites Scottsboro
#3 of 7 in Fort Payne
Hampton Inn Fort Payne
Hampton Inn Fort Payne
#2 of 7 in Fort Payne

Been to Comfort Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!