“Bland, very bland”

Add it.
Lone Star BBQ
Cuisines: Barbecue
Reviewed July 15, 2012

Hubby and I are brisket connoisseur’s who ventured to eat there once. We had never eaten there so we asked staff about the menu and what was good. It was recommended we try the brisket, staff stated,” it is the best around”. So Hubby ordered the brisket and I ordered the pulled pork sandwich. Bland, both were bland! Hubby stated the brisket had no seasoning, it was tough, and at best, it was more like a pot roast with gravy. I had to cover the pulled pork in BBQ sauce to give it some flavor and moisture.

The atmosphere was cool, it’s decorated in Texas motif. The wait staff was slow, after bringing out our food, she never came back to check on us which I wasn’t happy about because she forget the chips I ordered and paid extra for. I had to ask another server to bring us our check and then settled the discrepancy about what was ordered and what was brought out.

Sorry, but the best thing going for this restaurant is the decorations.

1  Thank loveandluck_39

Reviewed January 16, 2012

i eat there a few times a month for about 3 or 4 years the variety is amazing everything is good from the ribs to the chili dogs yes chili dogs at a bbq restaurant they are very good

Reviewed December 27, 2011

Had the brisket, very good. Fun decorations, they really made this strip-mall location a solid restaurant with feel, food, and value.

Reviewed October 22, 2011

This is a family owned and operated restaurant...their menu consists of several different items, including pork, beef, chicken and other sides that may not be found in most BBQ restaurants.

The service is second-to-none...the food is delicious...the atmosphere is family friendly.

My advice is to order the beef brisket...WOW!!...when i told the owner how much i enjoyed it, he told me of a customer that came in one day and ordered the brisket as well. He said this new customer proceeded to tell him that he is a judge in BBQ cooking competitions and he had eaten a lot of brisket...but this was among the best he had ever tasted!

If you are in Scottsboro, try Lone Star BBQ...you won't be disappointed!!

It is located in the shopping plaza next to JCPenneys.

Reviewed December 2, 2008

My friends and I were looking for a clean place to have lunch after shopping at the Unclaimed Baggage Outlit in Scottsboro, AL.
We asked several locals and this place was mentioned twice, so off we went to find it.
It's in a shopping center "Jackson Square". It's a little place, clean, friendly and the food is great!!! It's not your usual all pork Bar B Que, popular in the southeast. This place also has Brisket , Smoked Turkey and Cajun Gumbo. The Texas Loaded Potato is a meal in itself! It won't hurt your pocket book either.

4  Thank giggleshanks