“Crazy view”
Review of New Heights - CLOSED

New Heights
Cuisines: European, Seafood, Bar
Good for: Special occasions, Bar scene, Scenic view
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Neighborhood: The Bund
Reviewed December 17, 2013

Awesome place , great views , have to go !
They could think about putting sprinklers on the balcony during summer but the rest is great !

Reviewed November 10, 2013

Absolutely stunning view over the river - you are at the Bund here - and the oh so impressive financial district of Pudong. Got here around 4PM for some drinks and stayed for early dinner, while it's getting darker the panoramic view changes all the time. View is key to go her as for the rest it's not really special (some good cocktails and a decent burger) what we consumed. Mixture of jetset Shanghainese and expats as your fellow visitors. Will certainly be back for the view - rooftop bar by the way!

Reviewed October 27, 2013

My wife and I during a recent visit to Shanghai were taken to this restaurant by a friend of ours who lives in the city. Upon entering the restaurant it was very sleek and clean with warm friendly staff. We were given the al a carte and lunch menu both of which were extremely good value. We decided on the lunch menu for which you had 2 courses and a soft drink for circa 110RMB or GBP11.00 we had a choice of starters which we shared and we all ate the fish and chips for main course. The food service was excellent with beautiful presentation. The Fish and chips had a minted pea foam and mint leaves dipped in batter and sprinkled over the dish what a great idea. We had some very nice wines by the glass and in total lunch for 3 people was a very reasonable 1000 RMB. I would definitely visit this restaurant again an over all very enjoyable lunch on the bund.

Reviewed October 4, 2013

FOOD
Not a wide selection of food to choice from and a lot of the apps are repeated or fused in with items on the main menu...not the variety I expected. Ordered the prawns as apps and they looked like small shrimp...I guess I'm used to prawns being much larger...disappointing.

FOOD & SERVICE
After ordering we waited over 35 minutes before realizing every table around us was being served and we ordered several minutes before them. Called the staff over to inquire and got the standard "coming right out response". Waited more and inquired again and 2 minutes later 1 dish arrived. We told the group to eat as it arrived to avoid having the food get cold. Little by little plates arrived about 5 minutes apart. Problem was we were still missing one person's grilled salmon. When we inquired, they were honest and said it was given to another customer. Minutes went by and nothing. Finally the dish arrived and the salmon was raw. I could go on but that this point you get the picture...not somewhere you want to go for an important meal. Thank goodness this was not a customer dinner!!!!

I hate to say it, but I think I'll be trying other placed before going back or recommending to others like yourself.

Reviewed September 29, 2013

We visited New Heights again this time for afternoon tea and snacks. As always, we experienced amazing views of the Huangpu and the Pudong financial district but again we were disappointed with the food. New Heights is in a great location, good service, and fun atmosphere but mediocre, overpriced, and uninteresting food. I recommend it for the view and drinks, and then go downstairs for a meal in many great restaurants in the building.