“Everything great but avoid the food!”
Review of M on the Bund

M on the Bund
Ranked #54 of 17,331 Restaurants in Shanghai
Cuisines: International
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: The Bund
Description: For more than 15 years, M on the Bund has played host to the most glamorous gatherings in Shanghai. The sweeping views from our Art Deco terrace, the warm glow of our velvet-and-wood interiors, the attentive service of our staff and delicious fare make any event shine. Summer cocktail receptions overlooking the glittering river, cosy winter feasts, formal parties, product launches and more—whatever the season and the event, we promise a memorable occasion. M on the Bund's menu features a wide array of delights, including classics like M’s Crispy Suckling Pig, the Slowly Baked, Salt-Encased Selected Leg of Lamb and Our Hot House-Smoked Salmon. M’s Very Famous Pavlova, with layers of crisp meringue threaded with cream and fresh fruit, is a favourite finishing flourish to a meal. And it's all homemade—we bake our own bread, churn our own ice cream, craft our fresh pasta by hand and bring only the best to your table.
Reviewed December 12, 2013

This is truly a world must to visit. Great bar downstairs, great restaurant upstairs, service spot on for me, great decor, good atmosphere, amazing view can't fault any of this, but the food was really disappointing. In fact it was awful. I still don't care...fabulous place, drink lots and eat as little as possible!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,369)

Reviewed December 10, 2013

I finally got to go to the amazing M on the Bund in Shanghai. I was travelling for business on my birthday and it had to be done. We started with drinks in gorgeous M Glamour bar on the floor below before wandering up for what was a wonderful evening. I was surprised how intimate the restaurant was. Unfortunately it was raining the night I was there (we had booked a terrace table) but it stopped enough for us to go out for a night cap at the end of the meal. Such a special night, special meal with in a special place.

Reviewed December 3, 2013 via mobile

Fantastic food, great people, amazing view, beautiful decor.... nothing to add!!! Wish to go back next time when I will go again to Shangahi!!!

Reviewed November 27, 2013

It's the service that's outstanding. Such attention to detail!!. The food was equally great. With a great location overlooking the bund, a meal here is a not to miss Shanghai experience.

Reviewed November 21, 2013

I ate at many restaurant on the bund, M is the cheapest one. food is not bad, service is not bad. in the all, just not bad.