“A great name but time has passed”
Review of M on the Bund

M on the Bund
Ranked #22 of 17,108 Restaurants in Shanghai
Cuisines: International
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: The Bund
Description: For more than 15 years, M on the Bund has played host to the most glamorous gatherings in Shanghai. The sweeping views from our Art Deco terrace, the warm glow of our velvet-and-wood interiors, the attentive service of our staff and delicious fare make any event shine. Summer cocktail receptions overlooking the glittering river, cosy winter feasts, formal parties, product launches and more—whatever the season and the event, we promise a memorable occasion. M on the Bund's menu features a wide array of delights, including classics like M’s Crispy Suckling Pig, the Slowly Baked, Salt-Encased Selected Leg of Lamb and Our Hot House-Smoked Salmon. M’s Very Famous Pavlova, with layers of crisp meringue threaded with cream and fresh fruit, is a favourite finishing flourish to a meal. And it's all homemade—we bake our own bread, churn our own ice cream, craft our fresh pasta by hand and bring only the best to your table.
Reviewed January 13, 2013

M on the Bund used to be the name in Shanghai, but I am afraid time has passed this once great eatery bye. Too expensive and just not competitive any more on quality. Sorry. I know it has many fans, but it will be a one time visit for me.

Reviewed January 7, 2013

This is the fourth time I have been to M on the Bund and I still find it a joy. The only trouble was that the front of house perfect Maitre'd , Bruno, was not at his station the night I was there.... I guess even he has to have a night off from time to time.... Hope to catch up with him next time... The experience was still wonderful. Great food sevice and the best location in Shanghai.. What more can I say..

Reviewed January 7, 2013

I went many times to this place and it managed to keep some sort of standard compared to others in the Bund area. Went back for NYE as was looking for places with a view to enjoy the fireworks that splashed the whole bay. Warm welcome followed by champagne and a 5 course menu at 988Yuan, good food but a slow service maybe caused by the rush of the special occasion. appreciated that they redesigned menu to kids at a lower price. Surely a place I recommend

Reviewed January 1, 2013

Perhaps one of the most amazing meals I've ever had. I looked onto the impressive Shanghai skyline. It had rained earlier in the day, so it was really clear. Combine the amazing view with wonderful French food and really great service--it's worth the high price tag for a dinner you won't forget.

Reviewed December 30, 2012

This was the first restaurant I visited when I arrived in Shanghai. The moment I stepped in with my girlfriend, the staff gave us the look as if we couldn't afford dining there. The staff, whom I believe is the manager, spoke in mandarin, asking if we would like to take a look at the menu first before entering the restaurant. Despite an unpleasant welcome, we decided to give the benefit of the doubt.

We had the pigeon and the leg of lamb for our mains. The food was just average. We then ordered an apple strudel and layer upon layer for desserts, which was good. Only ONE waiter was alright. The other waiters were just plain rude. When I settled the bill, the waiter simply dropped my credit card and the receipt on the table and walked away briskly. I had to pick up my credit card and receipt from the table. Moments later, he came up to me saying that the signed copy of the receipt was with me and he gave me the wrong one. I chided him for trying to rush the payment and causing inconvenience to both himself and me.

i'm never coming back here again. We had hairy crabs the following night in a popular crab restaurant and their service was excellent. Even though it was pricier than M on the Bund, we enjoyed the ambiance, food and service.

1  Thank Jimmy H