“Good Value - Great Location”
Review of Parkview Hotel

Parkview Hotel
Ranked #139 of 5,146 Hotels in Shanghai
Reviewed April 1, 2013

I travel to Shanghai a couple of times a year for work, and have been staying here for the last 3 years. Its a good price for a hotel of this standard and this location. Its very close to the Exhibition Centre, but just as easy to get to The Bund or Xintandi and other tourist areas. Nothing is more than a 20 minute taxi ride away (which is close in Shanghai Terms).

The rooms are clean, the staff are attentive, and the breakfasts are great. I always enjoy my stay, and look forward to coming back.

Room Tip: Never had a bad room.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Andrew W

Reviewed March 20, 2013

Stayed here for 5 nights in March 2013 to attend trade show at the nearby SNIEC. This is a good business hotel if you are attending the SNIEC. My main issue is to do with how warm the hotel rooms are. I have stayed here before (2011 March and 2012 March) and had the same issue. The thermostat appears to be permanently set to 23C in the room, regardless of what temperature you set. So when you come back after being out all day the room is very warm. However the rest of the hotel is very pleasant. Staff are very helpful and the restaurant (Ming Palace on second floor) is very good, if you are really stuck for a meal. The one problem I had this time around was the cold bacon that was on offer for the breakfast buffet - it is not very nice! I have also noticed that the room rates are hiked up during the week of the March show. The hotel is very convenient for the metro (a 5 minute walk), which will take you anywhere in Shanghai. Overall as others have said this is a good business hotel with very friendly and helpful staff. If you stay here during any of the show periods, the chances are that you will pay more and then it may be worth looking at the very near Crowne Plaza hotel (about the similar cost).

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank jjtBucks
Reviewed October 29, 2012

best hotel i have stayed in shanghai, staff,food and hotel are fantastic. nice and clean.
and after a hard days travelling , the massage at the end of the day was to die for. best i have had. go and see lisa. highly recommended

3  Thank 206dave
Reviewed October 15, 2012

This had been my first trip to China with bias mind of dirt place, lot of people (though I am from India), very little facilities to public transportation etc.

I must admit that; all of my imaginations or thoughts turned out be wrong. Shanghai (Pudong area) is one of the best cities I have seen so far with excellent infrastructure.

We were exhibiting at one of the fair at New Expo center in last September 2012 & some associate from venue developer sent us the list of hotels.

Since Parkview was the cheapest & nearest to the Expo, we booked it right away (it was a last minute booking we made - just 4 days before). We checked in at midnight with formalities that took less than 5 minutes at the reception.

The room was reasonably large + wash are big enough with all thinkable amenities. The food we ordered as room service was delivered in less than 20 minutes (ordered after midnight) & looked fresh + hot.

The rate was inclusive of free internet & breakfast for 2 during the entire stay. Lot of varieties for the breakfast but limited for vegetarian or vegan. Still you will find good assortments from bakery & fruits platter. One can find same menu on alternate days but taste were real nice & good enough if one wants to skip the lunch.

The staff - most cooperative & eager to assist with your queries. From my personal travelling experience round the world in last 5 years; I am giving them 8 out of 10.

Location wise it's perfect choice, value for money, absolute clean premises, cooperative staff & eatable food - worth considering for next stay.

3  Thank Maulik6676
Reviewed October 8, 2012

Great hotel with excellent service. The price is reasonable for the business traveler. Good clean rooms some of which have very nice views especially at night. They appreciate your business, I checked in several times within a three month period and on the last time I was upgraded to a very nice suite. The restaurant on the lobby floor is good and offers a buffet breakfast and dinner which is always have a nice selection of seafood

Room Tip: If you like this hotel and you travel frequently to Shanghai, you may be able take advantage of thei...
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank Alan E
Reviewed September 29, 2012

Good Hotel, Near to Expo Centre and the Metro..and the shopping den. (underground shopping area at the Shanghai Science Museum Station) Rooms are defiantly big, b/fast is good, no swimming Pool, small Gym (3 cardio + 1 cross trainer and with no attendant). AC is a problem in the night when u need it the most..

Room Tip: Ask for an room with no air-conditioning hang ups....
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
4  Thank RajatTANEJA
Reviewed September 25, 2012

I came to Shanghai for 2 days on a business trip (with some tourism thrown in). I didn't stay the originally planned 2 nights due to a flight delay.
The hotel was great for my purposes. The room was nice and clean. I was glad to see some American amenities in my room - hairdryer, iron, etc. It was quiet, with the exception of the hallway music that I could hear in my room, but at night I was either too tired to notice it again or they had turned it off.
My only complaint was in the bathroom. There was some minor repair/cleaning that needed to be done as some water damage (or mold/mildew?) could be seen in the shower (from the basin to the ceiling). It wasn't too bothersome, and just about the only complaint I had.
I had a hard time getting my hair appliances to plug in, but after some effort it worked. The front desk didn't have any kind of convertor either, but was helpful in trying to understand what I needed.
I took a taxi to YuYuan Garden - about 30 RMB - and spent the afternoon there. I also toured the World Financial Center. A taxi can get you anywhere worth seeing for a decent price so it wasn't a big deal to not be right in the middle of a tourist hotspot.
I did not choose to include breakfast in my room rate, but did go down to the buffet. Their spread was extensive, but the American cuisine was slightly lacking. I think their "Western" spread was more on the English side, but not having been to the UK I am unsure. I had my fill and tried some traditional breakfast items, so no major complaints there!
I didn't check out the pool or fitness center.
I'd return again.