$125
$151
$137
Priceline
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of $152/night.

$156
JW Marriott
Savings alert! 21% below average rates

The price you found is 21% lower than this hotel's average rate of $198/night.

$107
$98
$125
Savings alert! 19% below average rates

The price you found is 19% lower than this hotel's average rate of $155/night.

$176
$145
$83
Priceline
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of $96/night.

$117
$92
NewWorldHotels.com
  • Pool
All reviewsscience museumuber appalmost midnightunderground marketexpo centerwalking distancerush hourgreat view of the citya short taxi ridemaglev stationbusiness districthotel is locatedhotel staffother hotelsstayed for nightsnice hotelcomfortable bed
Reviewed January 5, 2012

Stayed for a week due to an event at the SNIEC exhbition centre. Distance of hotel to SNIEC is about 5-10 minutes drive away (depending on traffic condition).

I loved the fact that it was near to a MRT station at the Science centre. All in all it takes less than 5 minutes walk to there. Food is available around the MRT but don't expect anything fancy. Btw, there is a KFC there.

Cleanliness was fantastic. Made a lot of room service orders. My room package did not include breakfast and to order room service ended up being cheaper than taking the buffet breakfast anyway.

Now brace yourselves for the realistic part of the hotel:
1) I stayed on the non-smoking floor of the 7th. You can forget about controlling the aircon temperature in your room; it has a mind of its own. I tuned it to go as low of 8degreesC and the whole night the temperature didn't budge.Btw, default temperature is 25degreesC. I called the front desk who sent a guy from maintenance to tune the aircon. He used his temperature sensor gadget thingy and tuned the temperature down to 23 while grumbling to the room service lady. Not long after he left it went up to 26. 4 nights I slept with the window open and slept on top of the covers because it became unbearably hot. Outside was a busy highway and it was so damn noisy.

2) Buffet breakfast was like being a playground all over again. People were stealing other patron's tables. I had put a tub of yoghurt to indicate I was sitting there. Went to get food and turned back someone else was sitting at my table. The waitress didn't do anything at all and still had the audacity to look at me with eyes that said "What could I have done?" I switched tables to the smoking section 'cos there was no where else to sit. Another guy thought I stole his table and angrily told me to vacate. I was in the midst of peeling my hardboiled egg and was finishing it when the fellow stormed off saying "I don't want to see your face". I lost my apetite there and then. Imagine... an actual paying customer being treated like this.

Please don't ever let such a situation from happening to yourself. Real mood killer, and I'm a morning person. Because of these two instances, it has marred all other positive experiences I've had there.

Room Tip: Please ask for a room that does not face the highway (behind). If you are lucky you get a room where you are the master of the aircon.
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank Travel_Lizzie
Reviewed December 28, 2011

Located a 10 minute walk from the subway, this hotel is beautifully designed and next to the performing arts center. It's not an area for walking around to shop, but there is a terrific park across the street. And even though it's not the "touristy" part of town, the subway makes everything convenient. The rooms are really comfortable and the breakfasts are good. The staff is unusually kind and do pretty well with English.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that faces the park and museum
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed October 2, 2011

Good location for business on Pudong side of river. Decent amenities, kept clean and very competitive rates.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed September 27, 2011

I'm stay in this hotel due to Sinotrans conference wich take place in Pudong expo
For this purpose location is very good only may be Crown Plaza or Renessainse better
Good service, friendly staff and quite big enough room. Breakfast I did not try but restaurant is good and not expensive for local food. It is tasty.
But a little far from city center and another bank of Huangpu river

• Stayed: September 2011
1  Thank Khonya
Reviewed August 16, 2011

We booked at this hotel because it was not too far from the exhibition center where we were going to attend a food fair. We arrived very late at this hotel at almost midnight after a long trip from the airport. The hotel's location is an hour away from the airport.

We were not expecting too much as the room rates were very reasonable and the front desk guy did not speak English well. All we wanted to do was get to the room and order our dinner from room service.

We were pleasantly surprised to find the room quite nice and clean with special amenities like an ironing board, hair dryer, a tub and a shower. The bed was quite comfortable to sleep in and the sheets were crisp and white.

We ordered noodle soup and fried rice from Room Service and they arrived within 30 minutes. The food was satisfying and exceeded our expectations. The breakfast buffet spread the following morning was very good and very extensive. Very good value for money indeed. The place was very nice, with floor to ceiling glass overlooking a garden.

The hotel is at a good location and if you like to walk, you will find Shanghai very nice. The area is very green and clean. Taxis are available outside the hotel and you just have to have a bellman call one for you.

The train station is a 15 minute walk away and if you like shopping, the station is housed in a shopping mall. You will find a lot of designer knock-offs, souvenirs, coats, clothes, paintings, decor and pretty much anything you want. It was quite fun to check out the wares as there was so much variety. Make sure you haggle before buying. Ask for a 50% discount to start with as there seems to be no real price. The vendors are eager for a sale and if you walk away, they will come after you and give you the merchandise at the price that you wanted.

Room Tip: If you're attending an exhibit, the organizers are able to get good room rates for you so make sure to ask them.
  • Stayed: May 2011, traveled on business