All reviews science museum uber app almost midnight underground market expo center walking distance rush hour great view of the city a short taxi ride maglev station business district hotel is located hotel staff other hotels nice room nice hotel comfortable bed
Reviewed March 20, 2011

Stayed at Parkview Hotel in Shanghai's Pudong area last week. On arrival, was checked in very quickly and our bags were taken up to our room. I think we must have been upgraded because the superior room we had was larger then our colleagues. This was a nice surprise. The rooms are large in general whether upgraded or not. They seem quite new and are clean! Bed are comfortable, shower large, also bath in bathroom, but bathroom only had one sink which is unfortunate. Room had broadband ethernet connection (cable in room) but not wireless. Room service is good and breakfast buffet is extensive. Overall a good hotel ad compared to prices of other similar rated hotels, this was by far the best value for money. I was very happy with my stay here. would recommend!

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank jkan88
Reviewed January 23, 2011

Considering the price the rooms are just what I expected, spacious and comfortable. If you do not bring your own computer and have some work to do you will be facing a slow, old and not very well maintained computer in the business center for which you will have to pay 30Y for the half hour. This I found outrageous and it has really turned the experience sour. Staff do speak English, but my request for the roomservice to deliver faster (Huh?), faster, quicker, more quickly (Huh?) than the announced half hour was not understood "You want Pasta?" The food was okay and considering there is nothing in walking distance you will not starve but do not expect anything out of the ordinary. One thing annoyed me, at the restaruant in the lobby or with room service you could not order local water, it was Evian (for an outrageous price). Really, lower the hotel prices to half, and I will be back. Otherwise, I will look around for something worth the money.

One good thing is the walking distance to the subway station. Turn right when leaving the hotel, walk past the art institute, you come to a big square where you turn left. It is a 5 minute walk. You will know when you are they by being instantly pestered by someone trying to take you to the fake market which is inside the subway station.

Another thing the hotel should really know better: I did not know the Maglev only operates till 9:30 pm. But the hotel should. So when I ordered a taxi at the hotel to take me there they should have prevented me. So here for you not to make the same mistake I made, the subway only operates till 9 pm on the way out to Pudong and the Maglev till 9:30. So from the hotel, if you are that late, take a Taxi directly to the airport.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank K0rinna
Reviewed December 10, 2010

I stayed here on a business trip. The room was large and comfortable. The furnishings, wallpaper and draperies were nearly new. The service was freindly. I enjoyed the restaurant. I wiould call it good, but not spectacular as many business hotels aim to be. If I return to this area, I will definately book here again.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed November 26, 2010

I stayed for a business trip in this hotel.
It is not so well situated in Puddong but room are quiet big.
So it is a good value for money if you have to work in Puddong.
Service is not really customer oriented and restaurant is really not so good.
Taxi is really necessary to take a taxi to enjoy somewhere else.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed April 25, 2010

The Parkview offers in my opinion good value for money. A sign, that the competition between the hotels is heating up prior to the Expo. I got the room incl breakfast for 650 RMB.

The Parkview is situated in Pudong, around 30 min by taxi from the International airport, next to the Oriental Art Museum and in walking distance to the Science Museum. Metro line No. 2 is in walking distance as well and offers easy access to the city centre of Shanghai and the Bund. The Plaza shopping centre with a Carrefour supermarket and various shops and restaurant is 15 - 20 min by foot.

As noted by other posters, rooms are spacious and internet connection (free of charge) is surprisingly fast. The bar restaurant offers a mix of Asian and Western food, most of this available via room service also. The Chinese retsaurant in the 2nd floor offers decent Cantonese and Shanghainese food, but as its situated above the hotel lobby offers not a very cosy environment.

Would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled on business