“...like being at home!”

Ranked #38 of 5,059 Hotels in Shanghai
Berlin, Germany
“...like being at home!”
Reviewed March 1, 2011

This small boutique hotel in the middle of Shanghai offers everything a traveller can expect. From a superb restaurant, to fluent englisch speaking staff, spacious rooms with a killer bathroom, a nice garden (quite), free wifi, a gym across the street (for free) and a front desk which solves ever problem. So if you ever have the chance to book a room at URBN - and you tired of non-individual design hotels - don´t hesitate.
Best thing: You can sit in front of your window on a cosy couch watching the Shanghai skyline.

Stayed March 2011, traveled with friends
URBNhotels, Guest Relations Manager at URBN Boutique Shanghai, responded to this review, March 3, 2011
Greetings from URBN Hotel Shanghai! Thank you for taking time to write a review of our hotel. I am very pleased you enjoyed your stay with us last month. It is also comforting to know you were able to take advantage of our phenomenal gym, located just up the block from the hotel. It is one of the best in all of Shanghai: clean, quiet, not overly crowded, and they offer multiple classes and workshops daily. Drop us a line when you are planning to return and we'll take care of you, like we always do!

URBN Hotel Shanghai

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Arcadia
Reviewed February 27, 2011

My experience at URBN hotel was very good. The hotel is located in a busy area with shopping and subway lines close by. There are many places to shop nearby. The staff was very experienced and the room was very clean. They have a restaurant downstairs with delicious food and a big selection of wines. I would definitely recommend this hotel and will likely stay there again when I visit Shanghai again next year. The only complaint is the weather in Shanghai was very cold making outdoor activities difficult. I would definitely recommend visiting when the weather is warmer so you can enjoy many of Shanghai's beautiful scenery and sights.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with friends
URBNhotels, Guest Relations Manager at URBN Boutique Shanghai, responded to this review, February 27, 2011
Greetings from URBN Hotel Shanghai! Thank you for taking time to write a review of our hotel. We have been receiving so many positive comments about our hotel recently. It is so rewarding for us to see that our efforts to always improve and never settle are paying off. "Boutique" means service and comfort: we at URBN push these concepts and, coupled with our sustainability philosophy, we hope to be the pioneers of this unique style found only at URBN.

Beijing
Reviewed February 26, 2011

I wanted to find a hotel in Shanghai where my wife and I could stay on our honeymoon, but as anyone who's ever traveled in China knows, there are basically only two options here when it comes to accommodations: you can either stay in a soulless 'luxury' skyscraper or prison cell-like business lodgings where amenities are limited to basic cable and a water boiler. URBN though is one of the few places on the mainland where you can find a really beautiful, clean room in a homey, friendly environment. Everyone I encountered at URBN was incredibly friendly, helpful and polite. Basically URBN is the Shanghai equivalent of a bed-and-breakfast, although much more elegant and classy. The location is great for sight-seeing and shopping (be warned though the two-lane streets around Jing'an Temple get crazy during rush hour, so it might be hard to find a taxi during peak times). Although I was originally skeptical about the price, URBN turned out to be a great value in the end because my wife and I enjoyed our stay there so much.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
Greetings from URBN Hotel Shanghai! Thank you for taking time to write a review of our hotel. Congratulations on your marriage! It is truly an honor to be the destination hotel for a couple's honeymoon, choosing us over all other hotels in town to celebrate. We are thrilled you two enjoyed your time with us; it was nice to have such nice weather when you were in town. In a hectic city like Shanghai, sometimes it's nice to go "home" to a place like URBN.

Los Angeles, California
Reviewed February 26, 2011

I was in Shanghai on business and stayed in URBN Hotel. I am writing about this experience as the hotel was definitely one of the highlights of my trip. Usually when I travel I stay at the bigger four and five star hotel chains and you always feel that you are staying in the same hotel as they all have the same decoration and feel. At URBN it was very cozy and you had the sense of a "homey" feel. The hotel is smoke free and the rooms are spacious and clean. The restaurant is a happening place to be especially on Thursdays where they have drink specials. The service was excellent and all the staff spoke English and were very helpful in explaining what there was to do in Shanghai. The nightlife in Shanghai is great and there are many beautiful sights like the Bund to visit. The food in Shanghai is great. I enjoyed my stay and plan to visit again with my family soon. I will be staying at URBN Hotel.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business
Greetings from URBN Hotel Shanghai! Thank you for taking time to write a review of our hotel. We want all our guests to feel relaxed and stress-free when staying with us, especially our business clients. Nothing is more rewarding after finishing an eight-hour board meeting than coming back to a peaceful hotel, where our staff will take care of the rest. See you and your family soon!

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed February 20, 2011

I visited Shanghai for a conference and several meetings. This hotel was in a convenient location, clean, and comfortable. The restaurant's food was good and bar was convenient too. I was in and out of the hotel at all hours and this didn't seem to be an issue, the staff was friendly, efficient, and very helpful. The Night Shift Officer at the front desk was especially helpful as I needed some extra assistance while he was on duty and he really came through for me. I'd recommend this hotel to anyone staying in Shanghai and I'll stay there again on my next trip.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business
URBNhotels, Guest Relations Manager at URBN Boutique Shanghai, responded to this review, February 20, 2011
Greetings from URBN Hotel Shanghai! Thank you for taking time to write a review of our hotel. Having meetings and conferences in Shanghai means you don't have time to tolerate slow service. We at URBN understand this and want all our guests to feel relaxed and ready for their big meetings, and if there is any way we can help, please let us know how. See you soon!

Bremen, Germany
Reviewed February 19, 2011

I had a couple of days stay in urbn hotel in Shanghai, was satisfied with the room, which is special japanese style and the service was also good. The hotel locates in downtown of shanghai, is very convenient to reach to the Jing'an shopping center. Also a lot of good restaurant besides.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
Greetings from URBN Hotel Shanghai! Thank you for taking time to write a review of our hotel. I am very happy you enjoyed your stay with us. We are fortunate to have so many great restaurants and stores near the hotel; it is ideal for out-of-towners staying in Shanghai for the first time. Having the #2 subway line only a block away is also very beneficial. I hope to see you back here soon!

Shanghai, China
Reviewed January 27, 2011

Very comfortable enviroment, good feeling, excellent front desk service, effiecntly, politely and warmly. Delicated, graceful designed hotel. Delicious and qualitfied western food.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business
URBNhotels, Guest Relations Manager at URBN Boutique Shanghai, responded to this review, January 30, 2011
Greetings from URBN Hotels Shanghai! Thank you for taking time to write a review of our hotel. Your comments touched on all aspects of our hotel that we are always striving to improve for our guests so that we are second-to-none. We take pride in our service level at URBN and want all our guests to feel the VIP treatment that we extend to everyone who walks through our entrance gates. Thanks again and see you soon!

URBN Hotels Shanghai