URBN Boutique Shanghai
Very Good 4/5
$349
$211
  • Pool
The Langham Shanghai Xintiandi(Shanghai)
$235
$216
Excellent 5/5
$179
$121
Orbitz.com
  • Restaurant
All reviewscarbon neutral hotelrecycled materialsreclaimed wooda garden view roomthe penthousegreat designjing'an districtrestaurant downstairssmall hotelold french concessionfront desk staffrooms are spaciouswestern foodfergusroxettechinasuitcases
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 10, 2013

I have stayed twice in the URBN and it suited me perfectly. The room gave me much more space than I needed. The breakfasts were generous and varied. The location, just a short walk from the subway, was ideal for getting around the city. The staff went out of their way to be helpful on any number of matters. For someone like me, who travels all over the world and is used to a simple life, it couldn't have been better.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
URBN_GM, General Manager at URBN Boutique Shanghai, responded to this reviewResponded May 13, 2013

Dear Jim:

Thank you so much for your feedback. I was so pleased to hear that we were able to offer a comfortable and happy stay for such a experienced world traveler such as yourself! I hope we get to see you again very soon for your third stay!

Best,
Claire

Reviewed May 8, 2013

I stayed here in May 2012', loved the way they have done up the hotel.
All wood is reclaimed from old buildings and the restaurant has some amazing organic food.
The open air seating is great too amidst nice tall trees.
They have rooftop lounge bar which is packed with expats on the weekend.

Room Tip: Pls choosthe garden view rooms they are gr8
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
URBN_GM, General Manager at URBN Boutique Shanghai, responded to this reviewResponded May 10, 2013

Dear Nitin:

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience with us! Your feedback has already been circulated throughout our office and made everyone's day.

Our mission to create sustainable lifestyle experiences through everything from the materials used in our building design to the food we feature on our menus is a great source of pride for everyone on staff. Being environmentally-conscious need not affect comfort and luxury!

Thank you again. I hope we see you back here with us in the near future!

Best,
Claire Hara

Reviewed May 2, 2013

Loved the hotel design and décor, furniture etc. Room a good size,a very comfortable bed and good pillows. Good location on an interesting little street. The 1st night the kitchen was closed due to cleaning, they delivered a small sandwich, the night of my very late departure the dining room and the lounge/bar area were all closed for a private function, so nowhere comfortable for checked out hotel guests to relax and wait for the airport pick up . Went upstairs and waited in the the very dimly lit deserted bar. Front desk staff on the whole very helpful but they seemed very understaffed with one staff member on in the evening trying to manage everything with people waiting. Dining room manager efficient and friendly, breakfast service very slow, good cappuccino. Loved the outside area, must be lovely to sit out there in warmer weather, too cold when I was there. I booked a massage, a bad idea, terrible massage, no technique certainly not professional in any way. Avoid the temptation

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed April 23, 2013

Stayed here two years ago and had a magnificent stay. We returned again last month and were very disappointed. Staff were indifferent and treated us like livestock. Food has gone down in quality. Water from sink and tub faucets smell like garbage. Not worth the room rate, even if it was 50% off.

There are too many hotels in this town to have this attitude, especially to returning guests. URBN, I am done with you.

Room Tip: The one not in URBN.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank shake_and_bake_852
Reviewed April 22, 2013

3 days in a row I am being awaken by knocking or drilling construction noises. The first day I called to ask them to stop. The second day. The front desk didn't learn from the first to ask them to start later. I had a call AGAIN. And third day. They just said it was not their building!! .... It was the same noise!! And you can hear from inside the building! And yea. You hear thumping noises a lot. The acoustics in this hotel is THAT good.

All in all. I stayed here for 4 nights. And for 3 of them ... It like I never slept at all.

Ask yourself. What are you looking for when you go on vacation ... R&R? My advice to you then is to look elsewhere.

• Stayed: April 2013
GSM U, Front Office Manager at URBN Boutique Shanghai, responded to this reviewResponded April 23, 2013

Dear Ms. Sylvia,

Greetings from URBN Hotels Shanghai. Thank you for the time you took to write the review for us and we sincerely apologize for the inconvenience you experienced during your stay at our hotel.

We always ensure that our guests are happy and satisfied, but due to the government general construction that is happening in our blocks, we are sorry for the failure in keeping your convenient stay in our hotel.

We truly hope for another chance to see you again at our hotel, where there will be lots of benefits we would like to offer you.

Selina Wang