“Excellent option for an upscale-pub dinner!”
Review of Blue Frog (SWFC)

Blue Frog (SWFC)
Ranked #55 of 16,962 Restaurants in Shanghai
Cuisines: American, Bar
Good for: Large groups, Bar scene, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Lujiazui
Description: blue frog is one of the fastest growing western casual dining restaurant chains in China and operates a total of 18 restaurants in Shanghai, Beijing, Nanjing, Wuxi and Chengdu. It combines the professionalism of a big city eatery with the relaxed atmosphere of a local neighborhood joint. Its venues attract a cosmopolitan crowd that comes to blue frog for the top-notch service and great food and drinks. It's a casual, relaxed kind of place, but they take food and drink seriously. From brunch to dinner, blue frog serves the classics of Western cuisine, with strong international flavors and influences.
Christchurch, New Zealand
“Excellent option for an upscale-pub dinner!”
Reviewed August 28, 2014

We settled in on a Wednesday night for burgers, steak and salad - oh, and some wine! After travelling for 10 days, we were pretty excited about some good quality red meat; and we weren't disappointed. We enjoyed some South African wine (that was reasonably priced) and found the entire menu to be what we'd expect for high-end pub food.

The service was friendly and approachable, and it was pretty special sitting outside looking straight up the impressive "Bottle Opener" (IFC) building. The restaurant was busy, with a great feel to it, and we thoroughly enjoyed our evening out.

PS Would definitely recommend sharing two plates of slider burgers between two - we sampled the beef and the salmon options, and they were great!

• Visited August 2014

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Boston, Massachusetts
“Don't go for anything but the burger”
Reviewed August 1, 2014

I showed up on a Saturday about lunch time with my mind set on a burger. All the reviews I had read talked about how great the burgers were. But when I was presented with the menu, the first page opened was brunch. I haven't had breakfast today, this sounds like a great idea. Waitress, this shrimp and cheese omelet sounds good, let's try that.

When it arrived, the color was slightly less yellow than I am used to, but I thought different country, different eggs, go with it. When I cut into the omelet, I quickly found out why. It was slightly undercooked. And by slightly, I mean still runny on the inside. But it was warm, and I am not one to complain much, seemed like it could still be eaten, so I ate it. The mozzarella cheese on the inside was quite tasty, but the shrimp were bland to say the least.

Then there was the matter of the toast. Don't get me wrong, the toast itself was great. But I really wanted to spread some butter on it. Yet, as soon as I opened the butter, it seemed expired. Not worth risking putting it on the toast.

So, food, thumbs down.

Then there was the matter of the beer (don't judge, it was afternoon, slightly). A nice, tall (0.5L) Tiger draft beer. Tiger is my go to beer in Asia. I have been to Singapore, I know what it should taste like, and I also know the taste of beer lines that could use some cleaning. Guess which taste stood out. Yep, needs cleaning. Not the worst I have ever tasted, but definitely not clean.

Am I alone in this undercooked lunch crowd? Am I the only one who prefers my food fully cooked? Turns out, no I am not. There was a table near mine where 3 gentlemen all ordered burgers well done. Now, I didn't see the burgers after they cut into them, but judging by the expression on their faces, I am going to guess they weren't even close to well done. My guess is probably medium, if that.

On a positive note, the service was quite nice. Very attentive staff. Even the undercooked burgers were resolved rather quickly.

• Visited August 2014
Brisbane, Australia
“Best Burger Ever”
Reviewed July 16, 2014

After 2 months in Shanghai we were basically dying for a good burger and a chunk of red meat. My partner and I had lunch here and both ordered burger which came with a free drink (soft drink or coffee). I ordered the Mile High burger which was double meat patties, bacon, cheese, crispy onion on an amazing bun and all the usual extras including lettuce, tomato and gherkins. The burger comes with chips and a small salad on the side (but who ever really eats that).
The burger was amazing and we definitely got the fix we were looking for. I recommend a visit on a day where you are really hungry as the serving size is not small.
The restaurant is in a beautiful building and is very clean, the staff all seem to speak an acceptable level of English which makes ordering for tourists easy however the menu also is in English with pictures as well.
You will be looking at about 100RMB for a burger and extra for drinks (unless you dine in at lunch), there are other options however including salads, lasagne, hotdogs, pasta and steak.
It is worth visiting at least once if your in shanghai for a while, im sure we will be going back in a months time for another burger fix.

• Visited July 2014
Vladivostok, Russia
“good service, good food”
Reviewed June 24, 2014

We had a few burgers for lunch and margaritas. One burger is more than enough for dinner. And they have happy hour for cocktails every evening.The food is very delicious. Service is ok, all stuff speaks English.

Visited June 2014
“Good place”
Reviewed April 20, 2014 via mobile

Pretty good food.... nice service.... not the best of places but worth a visit if in Shanghai for a while.... had the mixed grill and yeah the meat could be better but still quite good.... recommend