“Superb Shanghainese food”

Ranked #151 of 17,331 Restaurants in Shanghai
Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: Hongkou
Description: Xindalu - China Kitchen As one of the most popular restaurants in Shanghai, Xindalu - China Kitchen prides itself in offering authentic Chinese regional cuisine, complemented by a fine selection of Chinese and international wines and teas. Featuring an open kitchen with four live cooking stations, the culinary action is visible to all and adds a sense of entertainment and flair to the chic and modern ambience of the restaurant. The restaurant's signature dishes are the Peking Duck cooked in the wood-fired oven, the delicious Beggar's Chicken and the Pyramid Braised Pork.
Reviewed January 17, 2013

It's totally worth it. Superb wood-fired Beijing Duck, amazingly tender pyramid pork and beautifully fragrant Beggar's Chicken.

The duck, paired with a solid pinot noir, is one of my defining meals from my last trip to China.

Reviewed December 21, 2012

I have had the Peking duck in Beijing and Xindalu certainly serves good duck.They carve the duck in front of you and serve the crispy skin with sugar, the breast with garlic sauce and the thigh with the garnishes and pancakes. However the rest of the duck does not get served to you unless you know to ask and pay extra (which we didn't) Overall the meal was reasonably pricey.Wine as previously mentioned is super expensive one glass cost what we usually pay for a bottle of the same. Staff however were very attentive and friendly when we asked about the diiference in serving only some of the duck compared to our Beijing experience and it was a pleasant evening overall. A 'whole' duck with a couple of entrees fed 3 of us with plenty of room for desserts. Remember to order the duck when you make your reservation - it arrived forty minutes after arrival which was perfect.

Reviewed December 20, 2012

XinDaLu restaurant is very good at service and the food is very nice. The pyramid braised pork and the Peking duck are gorgeous. I spent a wonderful time with my family there. Also I was very enjoy the open kitchen style. I will came next with my family again!

Reviewed December 17, 2012

Me and my friends been there for dinner and we had the best Beijing duck ! They bring it to your table and the chef slice it in front of your table ! Served with all condiments and sauces , excellent service !

Reviewed December 16, 2012

Last nights dinner at Xindalu was unbelievable! I have never ever eaten a better Peking Duck anywhere! Food and service was just great and I can't wait to be back!