Ways to Experience Jenny's Shanghai Tours
from $49.00
from $79.00
from $55.00
More Info
All reviews confucius temple private tour day tour hour layover great tour tea ceremony customized tour an amazing guide tongli water town hotel lobby highly recommend this company marriage market gondola ride west lake silk factory booked this tour french concession
Selected filters
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

My husband and I had a private all day tour set up to visit 3 locations in Shanghai the Jenny Shanghai's Tours. Our guide was Cathy and she was terrific. We were picked up at our airport hotel in a new, large, comfortable Buick. We needed to have our luggage with us, as we were spending the night at another hotel at the end of our tour, therefore it was great to have the large vehicle. The driver was excellent and Cathy was enthusiastic and knowledgeable. However, after reaching the first location on our tour, where it was extremely hot and humid, I became ill from the heat. Cathy immediately found me an air-conditioned place to rest. After a short period, she then found us a nearby restaurant, where I could again rest and lay down. My husband had a bite to eat, although I was unable to. After, we needed to simply go back to the hotel where we were to be dropped off. I was disappointed that we couldn't continue the tour, but my health made it impossible and Cathy handled it extremely well. I would very highly recommend Jenny's Shanghai Tours to anyone visiting the area.

Date of experience: August 2019
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

The day was fantastic! We spent the day with Leo, and he was very knowledgeable about Shanghai history and all locations. We saw everything we wanted to see and more. We appreciated Leo’s flexibility as we adjusted our schedule and desired locations a few times. We were blessed with a crystal clear view of the city atop the SWFC.
The tour was a great investment, and allowed us to see and learn more about Shanghai than we would have on our own!

Date of experience: September 2019
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We booked 2 of Jenny’s tours. We really enjoyed them and thought them extremely worthwhile. The tours were easy to organise online and we custom made them to suit ourselves. We had a fantastic guide called Portia who spoke amazing English and had a great sense of humour. We got to see things we would never have managed alone. We would definitely use this company again.

Date of experience: September 2019
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Peggy was already waiting in our hotel lobby as we came down, and our tour was highly organised, the car and driver excellent and Peggy made our day such a relaxed and informative one. Zhujiajiao Water Town exceeded our expectations, a must see when in Shanghai, larger area than expected, with something different at every turn. The private home and garden visit was extraordinary, and we were the only ones there at the time, such a treat to see an amazing collection of furnishings and artworks first hand. Peggy's knowledge of the history and stories regarding the home and contents added to our understanding of life in an earlier era.
Peggy was most helpful in securing a few souvenirs at great prices, nothing was too much trouble. The gondola ride was great, and we were surprised how few other Western tourists were there at the time.
We highly recommend Jenny's Tours, Peggy is such a fun, knowledgeable and efficient guide, our day was relaxed, interesting and just plain fun.

Date of experience: August 2019
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

My wife and I booked the half day tour of Shanghai highlights, and it exceeded all of our expectations. We were interested in the local religions and our guide, Peggy, did not disappoint. She and Jenny handled all of the arrangements with clear and concise communication. Peggy provided a wealth of knowledge, interesting local customs and information. She provides the history of Shanghai from a longtime resident’s perspective and comedic stories to make us feel very comfortable. We got to see the Jade Buddha and engaged in an informative tea ceremony at the Confucian Temple.

Peggy was instrumental in helping us with dietary restrictions and helping us order local food (all of which was delicious). Peggy was very flexible and went out of her way to accommodate. We wish we could have had Peggy with us for all of our travels in China. We highly recommend anyone doing a day-trip in Shanghai to us Jenny’s company, especially if Peggy is available!