“Amazing Shanghai one day tour”

Jenny's Shanghai Tours
Book In Advance
More Info
$195.00*
and up
Private Full Day Shanghai City Tour including...
Ranked #2 of 172 Tours in Shanghai
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Jenny's Shanghai Tours specializes in custom and private small group tours of Shanghai and surrounding areas. We're not a big tour agency... just a group of professional tour guide friends who strive to be the best tour guides in Shanghai. We are all certified tour guides, speak very good English and will work hard to make sure you have a great time based on your interests - guaranteed! And because we don't have an expensive Shanghai tour office, we can offer you a great price along with personalized service! We love meeting new people and sharing our passion for Shanghai. We look forward to hearing from you!
Reviewed October 8, 2017

We didn't have much time to see Shanghai as we were really there for work. This meant we needed a condensed tour that could still give us a sense of the city. We found Jenny's tour on tripadvisor and really relied on the reviews. I am happy to report that we were more than thrilled with the experience and really left Shanghai feeling as though we got to the know the city.

Apple our tour guide was a gem. She was so sweet, happy but most of all knowledgeable about everywhere that we went. Honestly, she made the day so enjoyable and fun. I can honestly say that everything you read in the reviews is true, this tour was exactly as we expected and probably better. With such little time and zero language skills , we loved that Apple went ahead and bought all the tickets etc. You would waste such time trying to maneuver through this on your own.

Our tour included the Shanghai world financial centre which thankfully was not busy, views were incredible - a must see I think. The bund was also a must see although it was rainy so we couldn't appreciate is as much I think. The best part of the tour though was The Yu Yuan garden. This is were you really get an appreciation for the history of the city and Apple could tell us EVERYTHING about it, I mean there wasn't a question we asked that she couldn't answer. It is probably one of the most interesting tours I have been on anywhere. Plus it's beautiful and completely different than anything you would find in North America. A week later and I'm still thinking about how amazing it was.

Apple took us to an awesome dumpling restaurant for lunch - it was so good, I would highly recommend. One of the final highlights of the trip was to a Tea House which I absolutely LOVED. The history associated with the tea ceremonies was astounding and so steeped in tradition. I spent more money than I would have liked there but I am enjoying my tea every day!

To me if you can afford a private tour don't even bother looking elsewhere. Everything about Jenny's tours delivers - from the pre-planning, the guide - Apple (don't you lover her name? was top notch - the driver - I should mention him because he was incredibly efficient and was always right there for us. There really is a reason they are rated number one, I can't imagine there is anyone better quite frankly and I have done a lot of private tours around the world.

I would whole heartedly recommend this tour to anyone looking to really get an understanding of the Chinese culture.

Date of experience: September 2017
Jenny L, Manager at Jenny's Shanghai Tours, responded to this reviewResponded October 9, 2017

Wow Anne, thank you so much for the detailed review. You did a such nice job of sharing what we are trying to do for our customers. I couldn't have written it better myself. :)

I am very happy to know you had a great time with our team. I hope to see you and Ray again soon in Shanghai.

Thank you so much!

"hotel lobby"
in 8 reviews
"marriage market"
in 8 reviews
"highly recommend this company"
"green tea"
"west lake"
in 5 reviews
"french concession"

Reviewed October 6, 2017 via mobile

All went exactly as the tour described. We had an excellent driver, comfortable car and a very friendly and knowledgeable guide, Portia. Our lunch was local cuisine and also excellent. We were very impressed with the silk manufacturing and embroidery in addition to the historical society.

Date of experience: October 2017

Thank you Frances! I am happy you had a wonderful day with Portia, she is just great to do every single work.
We were actually surprised your experience as you have been staying Shanghai over one year. :)
We know we are providing REAL private tour. Hope to provide you more tours in the future.

Reviewed October 6, 2017 via mobile

Our guide was Portia, a native of Shanghai who was engaging, knowledgeable about the local area. She was quick to give background and was also quick to point out what purchases were worth it and what were not. This was an excellent tour. I would strongly recommend this for anyone.

Hi Jim,
Thank you so much for your nice review. We are glad you had a wonderful time with our Half-Day Zhujiajiao Water Town Tour.
Yes, come to join us, you'll have a REAL local experience.

Reviewed October 3, 2017

Susie was GREAT! She was so informative and helpful with all our questions. We learned so much about the Chinese culture as well as the history of the each site we visited. Susie even went above and beyond any expectations when I tried to buy some souvenirs and the credit card I was trying to use was not working, she paid for my souvenirs using her personal credit card. Upon returning to the hotel, I was able to reimburse her with cash from the ATM machine at the hotel. Now that is customer service!

Date of experience: October 2017
Jenny L, Manager at Jenny's Shanghai Tours, responded to this reviewResponded October 4, 2017

Hello Jeff,
Thank you so much for your nice review. We really try to provide the best service we can. I am glad you appreciated and Susie was able to help you.
We hope to see you again in Shanghai, China.
Best,

See more reviews
Reviewed October 1, 2017

Jenny's Shanghai Tours is an excellent choice when it comes to booking a variety of tours in Shanghai and other Chinese cities. I spent a week in Shanghai and use her tour company twice. On both occasions, I had the pleasure of having Porsha as a tour guide. During the first tour, Porsha conducted a personal tour of Shanghai, taking me to all the important cultural sites and displaying her mastery of the history of Shanghai. Her facts, intellect and humor was a welcome addition to a solo explorer. On the second tour, Porsha and I toured the city by bicycle. But this was't an ordinary bike tour. Jenny, the owner, created a unique tour that adapted to my own personal preferences. The tours were casual and not once did I feel that we were under any time constrictions. In fact, you will get more than you bargained for. Overall, a 5 start organization.

Date of experience: September 2017
1  Thank MidAsianLaw
Jenny L, Manager at Jenny's Shanghai Tours, responded to this reviewResponded October 2, 2017

Hello Darryl,
Thank you so much for the nice review. We were glad you had so much fun and such a nice experience with us.
We were so happy to have you as our customer. We hope all of our customers are as thoughtful.:)
Welcome next time,