“The best day in Shanghai!”

Jenny's Shanghai Tours
Book In Advance
More Info
$195.00*
and up
Private Full Day Shanghai City Tour including...
Ranked #3 of 155 Tours in Shanghai
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Jenny's Shanghai Tours specializes in custom and private small group tours of Shanghai and surrounding areas. We're not a big tour agency... just a group of professional tour guide friends who strive to be the best tour guides in Shanghai. We are all certified tour guides, speak very good English and will work hard to make sure you have a great time based on your interests - guaranteed! And because we don't have an expensive Shanghai tour office, we can offer you a great price along with personalized service! We love meeting new people and sharing our passion for Shanghai. We look forward to hearing from you!
Reviewed September 13, 2017

I had one layover day to explore. Portia my guide was very professional and flexible. I had the best day and will certainly want to return and spend more time. I highly recommend Jenny's tours. It will make your experience amazing!

1  Thank Christine T
Jenny L, Manager at Jenny's Shanghai Tours, responded to this reviewResponded September 18, 2017

Hi Christine,
Thank you for your nice review!
Yes, welcome next time.:)

All reviews
in 12 reviews
"personal tour"
"zhujiajiao water town"

Reviewed September 8, 2017 via mobile

A friend and I took the bike tour through Old Shanghai and it was amazing! We ended up being a group of three and our guide Porsha was fantastic. We visited parts of Shanghai we would never have visited on our own. Porsha was extremely knowledgeable. We visited the Cricket Market, had a tea sampling, got an in depth tour of Confucius Temple and visited some homes in the area. Definitely worth it to book this tour. And the bike let's you cover much more ground.

Jenny L, Manager at Jenny's Shanghai Tours, responded to this reviewResponded September 9, 2017

Hello Kendra,
Thank you so much for your nice review.
We are so glad you enjoyed the tour and being happy with Portia. That's all we want.
Welcome next time.
Best regards,

Reviewed September 6, 2017

I traveled to Shanghai for business and only had one free day. I reviewed the choices on Jenny's website and was torn between the options so I wrote and asked if there were any options specific to the places I wanted to see. Jenny responded quickly and provided exactly what I asked. The price was very reasonable and became even better as I added a colleague.

Our day started with greeting Portia at our hotel. She and the driver took us to a water town for a relaxed stroll through. While in the car and village (and all day really) Portia told us about what we were seeing and answered our questions about everything. She was such a wealth of information and very pleasant to be with. She spoke very good English.

After a gondola ride in the water town, we headed back to Shanghai city center for lunch. She took care of us in a non-english speaking restaurant and made sure to order enough options for myself and my vegetarian colleague.

After lunch we headed to the Confucius temple where we had another guide tell us about the history. We then participated in a tea ceremony and tasted several teas with the option to buy. They had a gift shop at the temple which I understand provides a certain percentage of the sales back to the temple. I bought several items there.

We next headed to the financial district and had our choice of either Shanghai Tower or Shanghai World Financial Center (bottle opener building). We chose the Financial Center for the unique experience to see through the floor to the ground. The views were amazing from the top!

Finally we headed to the Yu Yuan Garden. Unfortunately we were unable to enter the Tea house because it was closing but we got pretty pictures and enjoyed walking through all the alleys with shops and souvenirs!

Our tour ended at the place it started. I really enjoyed being with Portia and will remember our tour very fondly. I highly recommend the service!

Jenny L, Manager at Jenny's Shanghai Tours, responded to this reviewResponded September 7, 2017

Dear Kimberly,
Thank you so much for sharing your experience with our service!
I am happy you enjoyed the customized tour with Portia.
Your satisfaction is our goal.
Look forward to seeing you next time.

Reviewed September 1, 2017

On a recent business trip to Shanghai I had an extra day and decided to find a local tour guide. This was my sixth business trip to Shanghai, and on prior trips I had seen the typical tourist areas (French Concession, Bund, Pudong, Jade Buddha). I asked Jenny to help me plan a day focused on the history and culture of Shanghai and China. Portia, whose English is excellent, met me bright and early at my hotel. She arranged for a car to take us to several unique sites, the highlight of which was a privately maintained propaganda poster museum which offered new insights (at least for this Westerner) into Chinese history and political outlook from the 30’s through the 70’s.

We spent the second half of the day cycling through old Shanghai, which was a bit daunting at first, but Portia showed me how Shanghai traffic is truly a ballet of smoothly weaving wheels and not the pandemonium it looks like from the sidewalk. We visited multi-family pre-war dwellings that will almost certainly be lost to Shanghai’s wildly rapid development, a lunch of local Shanghai cuisine (definitely not a tourist locale), the Shanghai marriage market, alleyways with fighting cricket shops, and the remains of a Ming Dynasty city wall. We finished our tour allowing the meditative zen of the Shanghai Confucian Temple to seep away the cycling adrenaline, after which Portia ensured I was safely deposited at my hotel, ready for a good night’s sleep. I highly recommend Jenny’s Tours and look forward to custom-designing my next tour with Portia.

Dear Mr.Ken,
Thank you so much for your nice review to share your tour experience with us.
I am so glad you had a wonderful day with our team. And did exactly what you desired with Portia.
Your satisfaction is our goal.
Welcome next time!