“Amazing tour of old Shanghai”

Jenny's Shanghai Tours
Book In Advance
More Info
$195.00*
and up
Private Full Day Shanghai City Tour including...
Ranked #4 of 150 Tours in Shanghai
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Jenny's Shanghai Tours specializes in custom and private small group tours of Shanghai and surrounding areas. We're not a big tour agency... just a group of professional tour guide friends who strive to be the best tour guides in Shanghai. We are all certified tour guides, speak very good English and will work hard to make sure you have a great time based on your interests - guaranteed! And because we don't have an expensive Shanghai tour office, we can offer you a great price along with personalized service! We love meeting new people and sharing our passion for Shanghai. We look forward to hearing from you!
Reviewed September 1, 2017

On a recent business trip to Shanghai I had an extra day and decided to find a local tour guide. This was my sixth business trip to Shanghai, and on prior trips I had seen the typical tourist areas (French Concession, Bund, Pudong, Jade Buddha). I asked Jenny to help me plan a day focused on the history and culture of Shanghai and China. Portia, whose English is excellent, met me bright and early at my hotel. She arranged for a car to take us to several unique sites, the highlight of which was a privately maintained propaganda poster museum which offered new insights (at least for this Westerner) into Chinese history and political outlook from the 30’s through the 70’s.

We spent the second half of the day cycling through old Shanghai, which was a bit daunting at first, but Portia showed me how Shanghai traffic is truly a ballet of smoothly weaving wheels and not the pandemonium it looks like from the sidewalk. We visited multi-family pre-war dwellings that will almost certainly be lost to Shanghai’s wildly rapid development, a lunch of local Shanghai cuisine (definitely not a tourist locale), the Shanghai marriage market, alleyways with fighting cricket shops, and the remains of a Ming Dynasty city wall. We finished our tour allowing the meditative zen of the Shanghai Confucian Temple to seep away the cycling adrenaline, after which Portia ensured I was safely deposited at my hotel, ready for a good night’s sleep. I highly recommend Jenny’s Tours and look forward to custom-designing my next tour with Portia.

Jenny L, Manager at Jenny's Shanghai Tours, responded to this reviewResponded September 7, 2017

Dear Mr.Ken,
Thank you so much for your nice review to share your tour experience with us.
I am so glad you had a wonderful day with our team. And did exactly what you desired with Portia.
Your satisfaction is our goal.
Welcome next time!

in 4 reviews
"personal tour"
"zhujiajiao water town"

Reviewed August 29, 2017

During a long layover in Shanghai, I took the Maglev/Subway to the Confucious Temple in for Jenny's three-hour bike tour. Tour guide Celine was great. She was fun, energetic and up for anything, so unscheduled stops and diversions by me were taken in stride. She also made an extra effort after the tour to get me into a taxi and headed back to the airport on time. Highly Recommended

1  Thank ArtefactDave

Hi Mr.Dave,
Thank you for your review. We are glad to know you enjoyed a lot during the short 3-hour bike tour with Celine. Welcome to visit Shanghai again and longer.

Reviewed August 28, 2017

Our tour guide was Apple, who was just wonderful. She was quite knowledgeable and fun to be with. We would highly recommend Apple and Jenny's Shanghai Tours to anyone!

1  Thank Barbara G

Dear Barbara,
Thank you so much for your review. Apple always does a great job, and she is just like what you described. We are glad you had a wonderful day with us. We look forward to seeing you aging soon.
Shanghai welcomes you!

Reviewed August 27, 2017

I took the night tour and had Celine as my personal guide. We had nice and entertaining hours that included the Bund, a ferry ride to the financial district, including a tour up the 492m tall Shanghai World Financial Center. Celine took good care of me, including a nice selection of local Shanghai culinary treats. A good way to capture the spirit of the place if you have little time available.

1  Thank IRLEINGM

Hello Mr.Ingmar,
Thank you for sharing your tour experience with us. We are happy to know you had a great time with Celine. She always does a great job, we are happy to work together.
It was our pleasure to provide you this 4-hour Ultimate Evening Tour though it was a short trip.
See you next time but longer trip.:)

See more reviews
Reviewed August 24, 2017

I had the immense pleasure of touring Shanghai with Susie, who was a very attentive and lovely tour guide. The tour was completely customizable and once we'd covered all the major cultural sites, I was even able to add on some souvenir shopping she took me on and a little break from all the heat indoors. Really great tour. Very insightful!

Jenny_Liang888, Manager at Jenny's Shanghai Tours, responded to this reviewResponded August 25, 2017

Hello dear Maria,
Thank you so much for your nice review! Your satisfaction is what we want. Susie always does a great job, we are happy to work together.
We hope to see you next time and show you more beautiful places our country has to offer.
Wish you and your kids all the best!