Book In Advance
Tours from Shanghai Highlights tend to sell out - travelers recommend booking in advance!

Ways to Experience Shanghai Highlights
from $104.00
More Info
All reviews tongli water town china travel rickshaw ride day trip the humble administrator's garden our tour guide dream tour mini van friendly guide great tour excellent english skills recommend this trip tv tower own pace china history daily life eye opening
Reviewed May 15, 2018

China Highlights
Shanghai
Day trip to Great Wall (Beijing) from Shanghai in luxury possible..
Day trip to Great Wall in Beijing from Shanghai and back..

Well I travelled from Perth, Australia, to Shanghai via Hong Kong - but no one told me I needed a Visa for entry to China so I got stuck in Hong Kong for a number of days (Rookie error on my behalf..). This meant that my 8 days in Shanghai suddenly turned to 4 days and the likeliness of me getting to the Great Wall became very limited in that small time.

I was googling overnight trains, high speed trains and airfares to Beijing from Shanghai, as well as tour operators, transport to Great Wall, taxi costs etc and it was becoming a bit hard for me to be able to achieve my 'bucket list' goal of visiting the Great Wall this trip, which would have been very disappointing..

Then I came across this site that offered a "Day Trip to Great Wall from Shanghai.."

They pick you up from your Shanghai hotel early in the morning (5.30am in my case), take you to the airport in Shanghai, have you booked on a flight to Beijing where you arrive to have tour operator and driver awaiting you (young University educated lady and modern sedan with black leather seats for luxury) and take you to the Great Wall - all as personal guided tour. They even throw in #lunch, which as a westerner, was the BEST sweet and sour pork I have ever had in my life (amongst other foods we had..).

We then arrived at the Great Wall site and got a #chairlift up to the main wall starting point. I was then with guide and ended up walking around for hours with her and then by choice wandering along the wall unassisted by guide. After my return, which included many photos and selfies (lol), we both got the #toboggan down the hill and returned to the driver.

#All costs were included in total price.

It was then I was returned to Beijing (Peking) Airport and flew back to Shanghai, where a very friendly driver was awaiting to return me back to my hotel in another luxury vehicle.. I returned about 11pm, but this will depend on your flights and your hotel distance from Airport. All transport (3 in total) was luxury and had both driver and guide to welcome and assist you all the way. I was pretty impressed with this aspect of the day trip.

I even arranged First Class airfares for the trip there so I would be fresh for Great Wall tour.

Thank you China Highlights..

Reviewed April 29, 2018

I booked this trip with China Highlights on-line, which was a smooth and easy transaction, after a brief email contact with Vanessa. She was able to answer questions and make the process of booking a pleasant one.
The trip with Chris Zhao as our guide was everything that was promised to me by China Highlights. Chris contacted us the evening prior to confirm a morning pick-up time in the lobby, for whch he was right on time. He escorted us to our very nice and, as is was a mini van, had plenty of room for us to spread out with our belongings, and later, souveniers.
Chris spoke excellent English and was easily able to fill us full of local information and Chinese history. He was very knowledgeable, friendly and helpful during the entire tour. He helped purchase tickets for the boat ride in Tongli and make the arrangements for lunch at a local restaurant. He also gave my wife and I plenty of alone time with which to soak in the experience.
The entire trip was perfect and turned out to be one of the better days we had in our 20 day vacation. China Highlights knocked it out of the park in every aspect of this excursion. I thoroughly enjoyed my entire experience from start to finish with China Highlights and would recommend this trip and this company to everyone.
Thank you Vanessa, China Highlights, and especially you Chris Zhao, for making this a wonderful experience for us.

Reviewed April 19, 2018 via mobile

My friend and I went on a day tour of Suzhou that included the water town and Hanshan temple.
Our guide for the tour was Elaine. Elaine was very friendly and helpful throughout the entire day. Her knowledge of the history and cultural aspects of the sites we visited allowed for a memorable and enriching experience.
Overall we were very happy with the experience and with Elaine's ability to provide a positive and well structured day.

Reviewed April 10, 2018

We would like to highlight the great holiday experience we had in Shanghia with China Highlights and Mary .
Mary conveyed the great detail in history of Shanghia from the beginnings to the current geographic regions of this progressive city .

Mary gave us the best tour around her city talking us through every detail about it’s industrious beginnings to its current form.
Mary walked us through and explained clearly the current housing and living communities that exists today through to the new apartment style
developments that make up a lot of the inner city living.
We were shown the TV tower and explained in detail its history had a great viewing of the museum which was magnificent we continue our journey through to the beautiful historic Chinese gardens and China town, on through to the financial centre. Our tour continued the next day to the Garden city Suzhou once again all explained in detail.

Our guide Mary has the ability to explain clearly the historical values of the delightful China history through her clear fluent english.
Mary conveyed very aspect via her great personality, she was there to accommodate our requests and nothing was to hard for her.

Our accommodation was excellent our driver and transfers were all spot on Shanghia was a great experience.

Mary is a very honourable person with a caring a gracious nature, we would like to once again highlight another one of your fabulous employees.
We are very happy to have had Mary guide us around Shanghia .

Mary along continued the high standard of professionalism with her local knowledge and her caring warm mannerisms, made our Shanghia experience so good, well done China Highlights and Mary

Thanks China Highlights and Mary

The Broderick Family

Reviewed April 2, 2018

It was a great experience both towns met my expectations on cuteness, it included lunch which was very good. On both towns we visited gardens and houses which we very nice. We really enjoyed the ride in the boat, the boat navigator was very nice and the ride in the rickshaw (cycle carriage) was also very good. Transportation was very comfortable. Our guide Daniel also did an excellent job. We were picked/dropped at our hotel. This is a whole day tour , the walking is not strenuous. It was raining in the AM but clear in the PM. Overall highly recommend.