“Shanghai & Suzhou”

and up
One-Day Shanghai City In-Depth Tour
Ranked #21 of 169 Tours in Shanghai
More attraction details
Owner description: Travel to Xitang, one of the most well-known water towns in China. Touch the deep culture of South Yangtze River Area by walking in the town with a history of over a thousand years. Every tree or house can be a tourist attraction in the town.
Reviewed March 18, 2018 via mobile

We did a three day private tour with guide and driver. Sophie Lee was our very knowledgeable guide taking us to all places of interest in Shanghai such as The Bund, Yuyuan Garden,French Concession area to name a few. We also immersed ourselves in the culture at the Chinese lantern Festival. On the third day we travelled outside Shanghai to Suzhou where we took a rickshaw ride and visited Tongli water town for a boat ride. Each day we visited a local restaurant where the food was delicious and plentiful. We must add the driver was very good and always on time and the vehicle was very clean and modern. On our last day in Shanghai Sophie Lee accompanied us to the port to embark our cruise ship. She would not leave us until we had all paperwork complete and ready to board the ship. Highly recommend this company.

Date of experience: February 2018
"china travel"
in 16 reviews
"day trip"
in 36 reviews
"the humble administrator's garden"
in 10 reviews
in 5 reviews
"his knowledge"
"cruise ship"

Reviewed March 9, 2018

We were a group of two couples sightseeing in Shanghai prior to boarding a cruise ship. Our guide, Sophie Lee, was fabulous. Over three days of touring, I don't think we missed a thing. Sophie's English is superb, and she took care of us as though we were her grandparents. From toilet stops at the right time, to wonderful lunches, and expert explanation of marvelous Shanghai, we could not be more pleased with Sophie than we are. We are experienced travelers, and have toured all over the world, and have never had a better tour guide. We were fortunate to have her take care of us.

Date of experience: March 2018
1  Thank GerryRyeBrook_NY
Reviewed February 7, 2018

Sophie the guide and the driver were excellent! Sophie is knowledgeable about Shanghai and the region and I thoroughly enjoyed this relaxing day away from busy Shanghai in the picturesque town of Xitang. While booking and afterwards, Vivi handled my arrangements and I add she is a true professional and answered all questions. I would definitely book with Shanghai Highlights again.

Date of experience: February 2018
1  Thank Svenvs2018
Reviewed January 16, 2018

Our guide Daniel was very informative and a pleasure to spend the day with. It rained during parts of the day and he was able to arrange alternatives so that we could still see the areas that we planned to see.

Date of experience: December 2017
1  Thank J M
See more reviews
Reviewed December 12, 2017

This is my first time traveling on wheel chair so I need more help with local experts. (It was the 4th month after three of my metatarsal bones broken and recovering).

My family spend two days trip in Shanghai Disneyland first, then start another four days trip with Shanghai Highlights.

Firstly thanks to <Vivi Chen>, for your very prompt and keen and very effective advise via email. You are very thoughtful and caring. Then to <Judy>, for picking up from airport and escort me to the check in at hotel with very special care. Our main tour guide is <<Mr Kris Lee>>. He is a nice young man who is very helpful and always looking for any possible to help saving my achy leg. He had taken us through a long 4 days trip from Shanghai - Tongli (half day) - Suzhou (next full day) - and back to Shanghai (last two day with transfer out). Also <Mr Chauffeur> who I cannot remember his name, but he is very punctual with smooth and safety driving.

We depart Shanghai to Suzhou and don't miss a stop at ancient water town, Tongli in early winter is not too cold with beautiful colorful leaves. Even though wheel chair is not suitable for bumpy brick road, narrow walking lane and small boat riding, but we managed to carry it with us all the way. (I had to walk a lot but I was willing to do so.) We start with local restaurant which I found very delightful and Kris offer me the food choosing with useful advise. Tuisi house is very charming with architecture and cozy garden, it took us a lot of time to finish each section. Boat trip is as expected and lucky there is just a few tourist during this season. Tongli town walking is enjoyable with local shops along the canal, and the small narrow shortcut is very interesting. I didn't take the rickshaw.
Suzhou is our next full day trip and we are very hesitate to choose one from the four famous garden. The Humble Administrator's garden is our choice and is not disappointed us at all, everything is just perfect, the landscape, Chinese style trees, every bridge and architecture. We also visit nearby Suzhou Museum, even it is not a very big one but wisely plan and very interesting. Then the restaurant is again very delicious, I will never know and get to it without the guiding. I ask for Silk Museum as it is Suzhou specialty and found very informative, the shopping is not necessary but it's really worth a look. We finish the day with Tiger Hill, Kris has successfully get us there just in time with our slow paces. With his thoughtful service he get us on park shuttle to enjoy the pagoda view and not too far but very beautiful steps down.
Next morning we went on a long drive back to Shanghai to enjoy the city life. Starting with Shanghai Urban Development Museum for our more clear vision about this big and rapidly growth city. Lunch in department store upward but quite big and famous restaurant, and of course .. very delicious, especially it's Xiao Long Pao. Then we get the high view at SWFC building while waiting for the Huangpu cruise schedule we also can visit some shops there. Finishing the day with 5pm cruise is very spectacular, start with sunlight and back with colorful night view along the way.
On the final day we still have a short program before leaving to airport. Visiting Shanghai Museum is another sense of cultural absorbing. It is totally different with Suzhou Museum and Urban Development Museum in every aspect. It is quite crowded in Sunday but make every room more attractive. It is not an interactive museum but full of precious treasure. We finish the trip with Xintiandi walk and Yunnan restaurant in the area, both are very impressive.

Kris manage to send us to airport and help us with final packing and check in. Everything is fine and memorable. I will surely get another visit here in Shanghai.

FYI: the weather is around 10 to 0 degree Celsius, not much wind and no rain. This is a very very lucky trip.

Date of experience: December 2017