“Good hotel”

Wanhe Yalong International Hotel Shanghai
Ranked #2,492 of 5,069 Hotels in Shanghai
“Good hotel”
Reviewed August 10, 2012 via mobile

We stayed in this hotel from 10th until 22nd July 2012.Very good hotel with very good breakfast.All hotel staff freindly and helpful.I was with other friends and all enjoyed the stay.Hoping to visit shanghai soon and will stay in the same hotel.Hitesh Kamdar.

Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Mumbai (Bombay), India
Reviewed June 13, 2010

good hotel at very reasonable cost in shanghai. very near to main railway station .

Stayed June 2010, traveled on business
Zaporizhzhya, Ukraine
Reviewed June 9, 2010

I recommend this hotel for a stay in Shanghai. Though it is located on some distance from the subway Century Avenue, it is easily accessable by taxi at ca. RMB15 (st. Century av. - line2). From this station we used subway to reach all our destinations in Shanghai - this was cheaper and quicker than taxi for complete route. Shanghai has very convenient subway network.
The staff at the hotel is not 100% english speaking, but the current level to help and their efforts was enough for convenient stay.
The rooms are spacious enough, clean and adjusted for even long stay - they have facilities for cooking, ironing, water boiling. And on the opposite side of the street you can find a nice small store with fresh fruits to regale yourself in the evening:)
Internet is really free. Note, first you have to enable the internet connection at the reception.
Price/quality relation is good. From it's location you can quickly easily reach all relevant places. I recommend this hotel esspecially for business stay, but also for tourism.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank avsserg
lyon
Reviewed May 11, 2010

The stay in Yalong hotel in May 2010 has been a arduous experience.
If the confort of the rooms was ok, there was a big problem with the service.
Impossible to change money after 8PM, room service completely inoperative, 45 minutes to check out when I left the place with 50 people waiting behind me...

But the worst is an experience of robbery in my room.
I put in the safety box my papers and my money the first day of my stay.
The next day I tryed without succes to open the safety box. My code didn’t work any more.
A gentleman came and opened it with a keycode very simple.
After that, I established that 300 euros were missing in my billfold.
I asked to talk to the manager (a young lady) to explain her the problem.
She answered that a robbery was just impossible because only the safety manager had this keycode.
End of the chapter.
A place to avoid.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled on business
2 Thank stoporgo
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed December 15, 2008

I stayed here for two nights as part of a group doing business in China and I would say this is a very average four-star hotel. The walk to the subway station (Line 6 and not shown on the older maps the hotel hands out until you ask for a NEW map) seems far when you're coming back laden with shopping. Because of the traffic I found it took much longer than 10 minutes for a cab to get you to The Bund area. On the plus side it's closer to the airport than hotels around the Bund.

The halls are gloomy and narrow and I wasn't a fan of the small wooden tub that was in my shower stall. They are hard to get in and out of and you sit with your knees bent.
The room itself was OK - it had a partition with beds on each side of the partition, the AC worked properly and the lighting was fine. The breakfast was not good and is not worth paying for. There was a small grocery store on the way back from the subway (where I bought water) but so many of the items in Chinese grocery stores are foreign to us and I rarely bought much in any of them during my time in China.

Stayed October 2008, traveled on business
Reviewed November 16, 2008

Stayed here for two nights.
My room was neat, clean and very nice. It has a small area with a sink and a cupboard for those who's there for long stay.

Nothing to complain about. The hotel is situated near residential. So there are lots of little shops for locals.

The big shopping mall is about 10 mins taxi ride away and you get to see the Oriental TV tower, the Jin Mao buildings etc...

I'd choose to stay in Puxi if I come back to Shanghai. This hotel is just an average 4 * hotel.

• Liked — nice room
  • Disliked — location
  • Stayed November 2008
slonicha
Reviewed October 19, 2008

I am writing this review to warn other potential victims that this hotel is a total dump. The ceilings are low and oppressive. The room is dark and creepy. The odor in my room is vile....a mixture of fish and urine. The carpets are filthy. The water from the taps is brown. I ordered a meal from room service and it was inedible. The internet in the room is broken. The airconditioner has two settings, off and utterly freezing. It blows a foul smelling chill into the room. The "shower" is actually a barrel with a faucet in it. I could go on but I hope this gives some idea of the atmosphere at this establishment.....

• Stayed October 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)