Lowest prices for your stay
$108
Expedia.com$108
Priceline$108
eDreams$108
1,193 results
All reviews shopping mall hongqiao airport convenient location business trip breakfast spread hotel staff executive lounge floor subway line gym elevator convenience english bund
Selected filters
Reviewed December 19, 2012 via mobile

I stayed here for a week long business trip and wanted to make sure I didn't end up in a mid level dirty Chinese hotel. This place was just the opposite. The service was great. Rooms were large and club breakfast on the 58 th floor was excellent and the onsite restaurants were excellent. I would recommend eating in at the hotel especially if you are worried about eating at restaurants on street level outside of your hotel. The fitness center is difficult to get to and it needs new equipment but it was adequate. I would definitely stay here again.

Date of stay: December 2012
Reviewed December 8, 2012

I was a bit nervous arriving in China on my own and for the first time, but I have to say that the service provided at the Rennaissance put me at ease. The warm welcome, staff to greet you and meet your every need at the Reception , be it Check in /out or just directions was fabulous. I had the opportunity to stay twice in a month and the service was consistent too. Language is an issue but everyone tries and often that is enough :). Room Service was a challenge on Day 1 but having voiced my displeasure, the hotel did everything to right the wrong and my food was never late again!! An important tip - please check for the cutlery when ordering room service, because if you are chop stick chllanged like I am , you may need a fork too!
The Concierge is very competent and give excellent directions and tips.Look out for Mr Lee Wang, Chief Conciege in particular - he is of great help and that makes a big difference to your Shanghai experience. The Hotel is also attached to a Mall - need I say more ?!

Reviewed December 5, 2012

I stayed here a couple of times in Shanghai when visiting for work. I have rated it as average, as it did not blow me away for the money that you pay. There is nothing that I would call out as bad, but it does seem a bit expensive for what it is. Not all of the restaurants are open all of the time, which limits what food is on offer when you are looking to eat... Nice & clean, but just not amazing....

Date of stay: May 2012
Reviewed December 4, 2012

I stayed here for 2 nights in late Nov 2012. Arriving late one evening I received a very welcoming greeting from the team, in the ground floor lobby and they gave excellent guidance for the transfer to the reception on the level 23 (or 26, I cant exactly remember!).

Once at the reception the clerk was very helpful and gave me an upgrade to a club room. The room itself was compact; this compactness extended into the bathroom and wardrobe space but overall the room had everything I needed for the stay.

The breakfast in both the main restaurant and the club lounge were both plentiful and good quality, with the lounge availability good between 6am and 11pm. The only slight downside to the hotel was the closure of the hotel gym for upgrading, but we had access to a very nearby fitness centre.

Reviewed December 2, 2012

Stunning rooms-beautifully furnished. Bath/shower was glass enclosed with double shower heads for "rainforest" type of shower, or normal. HUGE tub to soak in. Marble counters. Fabulous beds. Typical flat screen TV but who watched it anyway? I wanted to get to the pearl market! Internet is iffy-not the hotel's fault. Govt regulates what you can access so leave your laptop at home!

Room tip: The hotel itself starts on the 25th floor of this business center/train station/mall so all floors will be UPPER.