Stayed there almost for a month and was very pleased. There's a kitchenette and laundry machine in every room. Lobby was nice and so was the breakfast. Rooms were super clean but too old (bathroom door got stuck for example - had to ask lobby for help) and the biggest problem was slow internet connection and lack of wifi in rooms.
Rail transport is not very close to the hotel but not too far away either, taxi is affordable in Shanghai though and railway transport ends too early in the evenings (almost all lines end before midnight).
But overall, if you are on a business trip and seeking for a place to feel like 'almost home' this is the place to stay for you.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Grand Mercure Shanghai Hongqiao is close to National Exhibition and Convention Centre (Shanghai), Shanghai Mart and Shanghai Convention & Exhibition Centre of int’l Sourcing. Located in the centre of Hongqiao business area, the hotel is surrounded by shopping malls and commercial complexes. It’s just 10 minutes’ drive from Hongqiao Airport, Hongqiao railway station, 45 minutes from Pudong International Airport, and near metro network. The hotel is ideal for business, leisure or long stays. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Hotels.com, Expedia, ACCOR, Booking.com, Ctrip TA, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire, getaroom.com, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Grand Mercure Shanghai Hongqiao reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Mercure Hongqiao Shanghai Hotel Shanghai
- Grand Accor Hongqiao Shanghai