“Nice hotel and very convenient to the Pudong Shanghai International Airport”

Parkyard Hotel Shanghai
Ranked #111 of 5,161 Hotels in Shanghai
Reviewed April 29, 2014

The hotel is located in a very quiet neighborhood which has a good size mall right next to it. The room is very comfortable but they didn't turn on the A/C in the room while the temp. outside was in the low 70's (F). I found out that this is a very common problem in a lot of hotels in China. The breakfast buffet was good but I wish that they have a counter to serve noodles with soup. The Reception and the Concierge are very friendly and helpful. One night I couldn't locate my room card when I returned to my room so I went to the front desk and ask for another room card and the receptionist was very gracious to give me an extra room card without asking any questions. When we check-out of the hotel and took a taxi to the MagLev Station to catch the MagLev train to Pudong Shanghai International Airport, the taxi ride costs about 25 RMB during the morning heavy traffic hour. It was so convenient and quick to get into the airport terminal.

The nice thing about this hotel is that there is a mall right next to it and it has over 20 different restaurants which you can eat lunch/dinner. Most of the prices were not expensive at all. I would recommend this hotel to those who are considering of visiting Shanghai.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
PARKYARD S, Manager at Parkyard Hotel Shanghai, responded to this reviewResponded May 5, 2014

Dear sir

Thank you very much for your recommendation, it is nice to read that you had a good stay in our hotel. We will certainly consider your comments. Hopefully we see you back again in Parkyard hotel.
If you have any questions, feel free to contact us via email; gsm@parkyard.com

Have a nice day

Parkyard Hotel

Reviewed April 19, 2014 via mobile

I stayed in a suite for 2 nights on business. Taxi fare from Pudong airport is RMB 94. Maglev costs RMB 40 upon showing air ticket of the day (original price RMB 50), then transfer to subway line 2, get off at the next stop at Zhangjiang Gaoke subway station, which is 5 min walk to the hotel. Nothing interesting in walking distance of the hotel. Some food stalls and hawkers around the subway station in the evening, that's pretty much it.
Room is spacious and clean. Gym and the 2-lane pool opens 6:00 - 23:00, early enough for guests to take advantage of the facilities before going out for the day. There is shampoo but no conditioner in the changing room of the gym/pool so bring it from your room if you need it.
Breakfast buffet is good. Dinner, at the same restaurant, serves a variety of cuisines. The xiao long bao (Shanghainese steamed bun) is not as good as that I have had in my home town Hong Kong. Maybe they serve many types of dishes and traditional Shanghainese food is not their specialty.
After swimming, I hung the wet swimming suit above the basin in my bath room so water dripped from it would only go down the basin but not anywhere. When I was back after a day out, I was surprised to find my wet swimming suit was put onto my pants and they were made wet. I called the receptionist to send someone to get it and dry it for me. Sure they took care of it, still this caused some inconvenience as I had to wait around for the room keeper to come get it. I tried to talk to the room keeper about what had happened but she only cared to take the wet pants for drying and did not listen. Hope they are aware not to put wet and dry clothes of the guest together anymore.

• Stayed: April 2014

Hi Ms. Wong ,

Greetings from PARKYARD HOTEL Shanghai , first allow us to thank you for choosing us on your last visit ... we are very grateful to have you with us ....

thank you for your comments on the rooms and other facilities , we are glad to know that you have enjoyed your stay , except for the swimming suit :( but definitely we will inform and make extra training to our people for such situation like that ... again bringing up this in our concerns help us bigtime ! ..

We do sincerely apologize for such incident and thank you for your kind understanding..

Rest assured that giving another chance this will not going to happen again ...

till see you soon and best regards ,

Reviewed March 20, 2014

Got this one because of the location. Good restaurant, decent gym(old equipment not very well taken care off, but enough fexcellent pool and steam room and sauna. Nice and big rooms. Good service. They need to get staff speaking better English and close the restaurant later.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
PARKYARD S, Manager at Parkyard Hotel Shanghai, responded to this reviewResponded March 31, 2014

Dear MexKaz :
Thank you for your stay in our hotel. Your suggestion is very important for us.
We will improve it and look forward to your visit again, thank you.
Parkyard Hotel

Reviewed February 21, 2014 via mobile

I had a king bed in a business suite. It was all very excellent. The room was spacious. The bathroom had both a shower and tub. The mattress was very comfy and inviting. The suite had a nice living area with a large flat screen TV. Lots of room to spread-out.

The breakfast buffet was good. I had the made to order omelet. All was going great until I found 2 hairs in my food. Clearly they have a food preparation problem.

This hotel is not part of any of the typical chains. Any points collection isn't widely usable.

Summary: Stay in the room. It is a good room. Go to one of the walking distance restaurants to eat.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
PARKYARD S, Manager at Parkyard Hotel Shanghai, responded to this reviewResponded February 24, 2014

Dear Roy ,

Greetings from Shanghai... We are very pleased to hear your feedback on the recent stay ... thank you for your good comments on the room, Very glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay ..

with regards on the food specifically the omelet ... our personal apologies as that incident occurs , our team is serving more than 500 meals a day and definitely food hygiene and safety control are one of the most important priority ...

Definitely we look after this and making sure not to happen to anyway again .. we will inform all the kitchen brigade and making all necessary safety measurements ...

Thank you Mr. Roy ...

Reviewed February 20, 2014

This is my third time at Parkyard. I'm not going to repeat all the things I've said in my two previous reviews of the hotel - most of the positives about this place remain the same.

The staff are the hotel's main attribute - nothing is ever a problem, always pleasant, unobtrusiveness and always available when you need them.

This time, because the place was full due to a conference, I stayed in a normal room as opposed to a suite as I had had on the two previous occasions. I have to say that a standard room is perfectly adequate. The room has plenty of space and the bathroom is perfectly fine - shower only, whereas the suite has a separate bath.

The breakfasts are still good - plenty of choice, much of which changes daily.

One addition since the last time I was here - each room now has an HTC pad for internet connectivity if you don't have a laptop with you. It's excellent for email checking and web browsing on the, still free, wifi throughout the hotel.

Again, my only previous criticism of this hotel is the lack of English language TV channels - of the 45 channels, only CNN, two movie channels and one sports channel are in English. Also, with the prevalence of digital TV technology, the hotel's TV distribution system is still very much analogue and the video quality is therefore not as good as it could be.

I'll still give it a 5 rating - it's a value for money hotel, especially for the business traveller. But, Parkyard, be warned, if the TV system is not improved, next time I'm here you'll drop to a 4 rating.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
PARKYARD S, Owner at Parkyard Hotel Shanghai, responded to this reviewResponded February 24, 2014

Dear Aragornoz,

Thank you and Greetings from PARKYARD SHANGHAI ... a very pleasant to read again all your positive and helpful feedbacks ... indeed you are one of our treasured guest ! ....

for the english channnel concerns ... our plan to add more english channels are part of our 2014 initiatives and way of giving back to our loyal customers ...

Rest assured you will see that on your next visit ....

once again thank you and see you again on your next trip here in Shanghai ....

Reviewed January 31, 2014

This is one of the company preferred hotels in the Pudong district of Shanghai since it is close to our office in the Zhangjiang Hi-Tech Park. That being said, it is an excellent hotel for business and/or pleasure.

The hotel is conveniently located only a couple of blocks away from Metro line #2. If one does not have a lot of luggage, then one can use this metro line to travel directly from the airport (PVG). [However, I would highly recommend taking the MagLev, and then transferring to line #2 for one stop. The MagLev is very cool and very fast, and it is not that expensive.] Due to the proximity of the metro station and Shanghai's excellent subway system, it is very easy to get around to most of Shanghai from this location.

While the outside of the hotel may seem a bit non-descript, the inside is very modern, very clean, and provides all the conveniences for the traveler. My room was spacious and comfortable, especially the bed and pillows. There is an excellent gym with a very nice lap pool (more than 25 meters). The buffet breakfast offers both Asian and Western cuisines and is the best meal of the day for most of us. The hotel staff is very accommodating and most speak English quite well. All of the staff were warm and friendly.

While the hotel offers a pretty limited dinner, there is a food complex right next door. There are many small restaurants there, and it is mostly Asian cuisine, but there is a KFC, Subway, Pizza Hut, and Starbucks for those who might miss home (US). We tried a different restaurant almost every day during our 10 day stay.

It is a given that we stay here for business, but I would definitely stay here, and I would recommend anyone visiting Shanghai to stay here, for business or for pleasure. It is in an excellent location, and it has much to offer.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
PARKYARD S, Manager at Parkyard Hotel Shanghai, responded to this reviewResponded February 7, 2014

Dear Ed ,

Happy Year of the Horse !!!!... and may all the good blessings be with you through-out the year .!!!... An excellent review coming from one exceptional guest .... :)

for PARKYARD ... indeed a good blessings and a very precious gift that we received from our very loyal patron...

thank you very much for describing us to be one of your next home and a must place to stay here in Shanghai ...

Rest assured that we will keep on aiming high notes in achieving our customer's full satisfaction. very grateful to hear that you feel safe and secure ,, and all our staffs being very attentive to your needs ...

We do hope to see you again and will wait to welcome you back here in PARKYARD SHANGHAI ...

All the best from TEAM PARKYARD

Reviewed January 10, 2014

Stayed for 7 nights during Dec'13 on a Biz Trip.
This is a very good hotel, spacious room, gracious staff, great internet speeds, metro / subway connectivity, english speaking staff, good breakfast spreads.

I was a vegeterian and everytime I went to have breakfast, I would request for the chef to tell me which of the dishes had no egg or meat in it for me to have and they did it patiently every way in a very polite way which talks about their good service.

Like a few reviewers have noted, I did face issues with night time airconditioning for a couple of nights however as the outside weather was very cold, it was not bad, if the hotel staff continue to turn-up the heat, then Summers might be uncomfortable.

However, overall this is a good hotel with excellent staff and good connectivity, particularly like their willingess to put their guests at ease & wilful guidance, I will surely stay here when I come back to Shanghai.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
PARKYARD S, Manager at Parkyard Hotel Shanghai, responded to this reviewResponded January 12, 2014

Dear Agsagaya Sura ,

Greetings from Parkyard Shanghai ! thank you for the wonderful feedback you shared to us ... our hardworks and training to our team gains all the good benefit for our customers and loyal guests ...

the Chef will be very happy to know that you enjoyed the food in our daily breakfast buffet .. actually the buffet is different daily .. it is design to give more choices and to satisfy all the taste buds of our guest ... more important the freshness of the product that we are offering.

We will take note on the room temperature and rest assured the solution and the improvement will be expected so soon..

Again we thank you so much for your very helpful comments and we wish to see you again soon ..

Happy New Year