Parkyard Hotel Shanghai
$97
$349
$211
  • Pool
The Langham Shanghai Xintiandi(Shanghai)
$263
$439
$229
Trip.com
  • Restaurant
All reviewshi tech parkbusiness hotelbusiness tripmetro stationbig food courtchannel selectionelectronic bidetplenty of eating optionspudong airportcompany officeenglish language channelsitalian chefsolid stargreat businesstea coffee making facilitiesf b managerrooms are nice and clean
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 19, 2013

This was my first trip to Shanghai, and it was nice to stay in a hotel that had all of the American touches. Usually I am more adventuresome and want to immerse myself in a new city, but I was happy to have a place to come back to at the end of the day that felt like home. The breakfast was excellent, the room was large and very comfortable and clean, and the staff were friendly and helpful. I thought the location was fine since I was traveling for business, and it was an easy train or taxi into the Bund and downtown area.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Rhonda_View
Reviewed May 17, 2013

A local partner recommended this hotel and was able to secure a very good rate for me. I stayed here three nights, and then came back later in the week for one night prior to departure, as it's between the city center and Pudong airport. (As I recall, it still took about 40 min, maybe 45? to get to the airport via taxi around 10:30 a.m. w/ no traffic issues to speak of.) I was pleasantly surprised upon arrival, as the hotel is quite nice and the staff welcoming and friendly. My room was of good size, and very clean. Large bathroom as well (I never had any water temperature issues others mention below). Breakfast (included) was sometimes crowded (there was a corporate group one morning, all eating at the same time) -- offered a good variety of dishes, and nicely displayed. Both hot and cold selections. Very good. The hotel's business center has computers, which you can use at a fair price of 1 RMB per minute - you pay for actual time used (which I later learned is something to be greatly appreciated). Just outside the hotel is a bank ATM, nice and convenient. A short walk away is a small shopping center with restaurants, including Starbucks, and maybe even Pizza Hut. Also very close and convenient is the metro stop. This is not a location with anything touristy around, but it would be easy to get back and forth from the city center (or anywhere else) on the metro. The hotel had an interesting outside courtyard with bamboo growing, and also a nice patio. Since I had two separate stays, I experienced two different rooms. (The second room was a suite with a view of the field behind the hotel.) In my first room, the bed was too hard, and I had to sleep on the comforter to make it softer. That wasn't an issue in the second room. The one problem I experienced in both rooms was that the temperature in the rooms was too warm - and you are not able to control it. I was told I could open the windows, but there were no screens, as I recall, so I didn't want bugs in the room, or any traffic noise. In talking to a man in the elevator one day, he told me he'd stayed at the hotel a number of times, and the temperature was a problem - once he had to leave the hotel & go to another one because of it. He said since it's still an issue - the hotel hasn't remedied the problem - this was going to be his last stay. Now we were there in the middle of October, so the weather outside wasn't hot. It was just warm inside. This really is my only caveat about staying here. If the room temperature not being lower than about 74/75 degrees F would keep you from being comfortable, rethink staying here. (Although who knows if this has been resolved in the meantime...) I would still stay here again. (Extra points for smiling staff members.)

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank WItravelingirl
Reviewed May 9, 2013

The hotel location shown on this map is totally wrong. Hotel is located south of the station and 'just around the corner' after exit the station & turn left!
Hotel is well situated for access to the technology park area.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank dburchy2
Reviewed May 7, 2013

I stayed at the Parkyard Hotel in March and chose the hotel due to the proximity of our customer. And it was within walking distance, which made the choice perfect! The staff were very helpful, and we enjoyed the restaurant and the business lounge at various times.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed March 14, 2013

I had business at IBM in Shanghai, China. Stayed at the Parkyard, which is conveniently located just a few short blocks walk to the site in the Pudong business district. This hotel was fabulous. To start the day, their buffet breakfast (which is included in their nightly room rate) served eggs made to order, bacon (very good quality), sausages, ham, sho mai, chinese vegetables, fried noodles, waffles (one day out of eight that I stayed), breads, fruits, cereals, coffee and juices. The staff quickly cleared plates so you could get a new one. Great service and fantastic way to start the day. The room quality was above par - comfortable, easy to adjust heat/cooling (and it worked for me - others complained it was warm - maybe the location of your room). The employees, especially the greeter Sunny, were off the charts friendly, always watching to serve you, always friendly. I even had a maid help me get my luggage (overfull from shopping in Shanghai) to the elevator and Sunny helped me wheel it to the front desk. I will definitely stay here next time I'm in Shanghai. Convenient to trains, handy to have a restaurant complex next door, and truly a FIVE STAR hotel!

Room Tip: Room 330 was great - perhaps request a room facing the back parking lot or front of the hotel to avoid hot sun exposure.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business