“Keen on details, great experience”
Review of Hyatt on the Bund

Hyatt on the Bund
Ranked #55 of 5,035 Hotels in Shanghai
London, United Kingdom
“Keen on details, great experience”
Reviewed June 8, 2013

My previous experience in SH has brought me back again. Great views still and nice location of proximity to places I'd like to visit in the downtown, Laoximen area in particular. Their staff has been very helpful and details-focused: I was caught in rain the other day and arrived at the lobby all wet. One of their staff saw me and offered my some tissue papers. It seems nothing big but things like this truly make them stand out... Definitely the hotel will remain top on my list of choices when travelling~~

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (347)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Vienna, Austria
Reviewed June 8, 2013

I can not say anything negative about the Hyatt on the Bund.
The service was excellent. The breakfast buffet left no wishes.
We had a problem with the light in the room - one call - 5 minutes later the problem was solved.
We also had our dinner in the buffet restaurant "aroma" and we had a great time and excellent food there. The bar "Vue" is amazing and the view is breathtaking. Service could have been better there, but thats a chinese problem, not a hotel problem.

I would definitely come back!

Room Tip: Room on the riverside - view is great!
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 7, 2013

This's the 2nd time I stayed at the Hyatt on the Bund and it never disappointed me. Great location, nice and clean room, excellent service!
Last time I was here on a business trip and it was a very pleasant experience. That's why when me and my family decided to have a holiday to Shanghai, this is my 1st choice out of question. We had a very good time during our staying. I highly recommend the restaurant and the bar. very good food and fantastic view! especially when it is warm, you can sit on the rooftop and have the beautiful view of the bund right front of your sight! Definitely will come back again!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed June 5, 2013 via mobile

Fundamentally solid hotel. Although North of Suzhou Creek, with all the new roads and tunnels in the Bund area, the hotel has good access back to the Bund (for sightseeing) and Pudong/Puxi business areas. The rooms are large (with open bathroom plan) and if you're facing the Bund, the views are unbeatable. The gym is large with reasonable amount of equipment, and the F&B is decent (though room service oatmeal was a big blob of goo). Only complaint was that the free Internet was very, very slow. Generally very good, but if you're looking for the best in Shanghai, then the Peninsula, Park Hyatt, Puli would be better.

Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed June 5, 2013

I was a guest at this hotel for 3 nights during the end of May. As a frequent traveler to SH I was looking forward to trying it out. While the hardware in the rooms are a bit rundown it is overall a straightforward business hotel.

Starting from the first night, the toilet in my room was unable to flush properly which resulted in almost overflowing and very unsanitary conditions. As I was out till late the first night, I informed the hotel staff the next day of this problem and they said it would be fixed.

When I returned to my room the toilet seemed to be fine but after 2-3 uses and upon my return that night to the room the toilet did not work again. Thus on the second day I informed the hotel AGAIN of this problem and the cycle repeated itself whereby it worked briefly then stopped. In the end I resorted to using the hotel lobby washroom! Had I not been so busy and tired during my trip I would have asked to change rooms.

Frankly speaking, this is probably one of the worse stays I have ever had in any 5 star hotel. Having a properly working toilet is a basic of hotels of any grade and should certainly never be associated with a Hyatt. Not only was the problem never fixed properly but I was never offered another room nor compensated in any way for this major and certainly easily avoidable problem.

In the meantime, I am left with all but an extremely poor view of this hotel and would not recommend nor consider a second stay.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
3 Thank JJ199
Beijing, China
Reviewed June 4, 2013

The city view from the our room is amazing. Spend more time in the bund club where you got full day lounge access with drinks, breakfast and lovely evening cocktail. Staffs are nice and friendly.
The peikin duck in Xindalu is absoulate delicious. Also the breakfast in Aroma are far better than the other hotels, especially the chinese section. will definately stay in hyatt on the bund during next trip in shanghai.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Randburg, South Africa
Reviewed June 4, 2013

I stayed in the West Tower during May this year for four nights. We used it as a base to travel inside China and were very happy to return "home" after 1 or 2 nights in some of the industrial cities. I found the staff both friendly and attentive and willing to assist. The rooms were always well serviced and the view from the higher floors spectacular.

The Vue bar was chic and service excellent.

Thank you, I will return.

Room Tip: Rooms in the West tower, higher up - 18th floor and from 6 upwards eg. 1806 give a great view onto N...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business