“Take it from an expat: Best Shanghai View with Professional and Personable Staff”
Review of Hyatt on the Bund

Hyatt on the Bund
Ranked #55 of 5,035 Hotels in Shanghai
san francisco
Reviewed January 31, 2013

Lived in Shanghai for years and Hyatt on the Bund's views and well appointed rooms can't be matched. The staff are professional yet friendly. The staff on the executive floor go the extra mile, treating you like an old friend. They helped my mother buy some hard to find gifts; they went above and beyond their duties to do so. Thank you!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank haishibo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (347)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
melbourne
Reviewed January 31, 2013

Having heard good things about Hyatt at the Bund my friend and I decided to give it a try. We stayed for a total of 3 days and all i can say is that it is the BEST hotel i've ever stayed at. PERFECT view, superb location, super friendly and helpful staff, great fitness centre, and a top class bar - Vue Bar. Simply cannot ask for more. When we arrived, we were greeted by super helpful and friendly staff members who guided us places to go, restaurants to visit, bars to hit, etc. In particular, manager Neil has been tremendously helpful during our stay. Having heard great things about the restaurant "Xindalu" inside the hotel, we've decided to give it a try. Again, the super helpful hotel manager helped us to book and we've tried the highly recommended peking duck, all i can say is that it's the best peking duck i've ever had and would highly recommend others to give it a try (other dishes are great too! definitely should try the deserts!). Overall, all i can say is that Hyatt at the Bund is the best hotel in Shanghai, and the best hotel i've personally been to. As a first timer to shanghai, i will definitely come back as this trip has been perfect, partly due to the great accommodation.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed January 28, 2013

the views were spectacular. the service impeccable and the staff very helpful. ate at the vue which was very very good and had the best peking duck in the chinese resturant on the first floor that we found in china.

Room Tip: ask for a view of the bund
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
shanghai
Reviewed January 27, 2013

The best view in Shanghai! View Bar is a must even if you are not staying at the hotel, nothing compares to it in Shanghai. The staff and service is pristine... Restaurants all top notch. Recommend it for business and leisure alike!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Hong Kong
Reviewed January 27, 2013

I came with tremendously high expectations knowing that this is the hotel of choice for many international celebrities, politicians and famous businessmen. I am happy to say that Hyatt on the Bund was above and beyond what I expected. What I find most telling of a truly laudable hotel is not in its grand appearance and physical upkeep, but in its service and attention paid to every customer. I had the pleasure to be acquainted with Neil Li in charge of guest services who was most friendly and thoughtful. Despite a rocky start of my room not being available due to my early check-in (which was essentially my fault), Neil and his team were quick to arrange an attendant to care for my visit to the spa and guard my belongings as I had to get ready for a meeting. When I returned from my meeting, i was delighted to know that i had been upgraded and was greeted by a lovely personal note and a fruit basket. Having had some leisure time for the rest of the day, I saw Neil again and he gave me the most useful pointers on where to shop, dine and where the current "it" hangouts were. Based on his recommendation I also tried the hotel's Chinese restaurant Xindalu ( a corner room was arranged where I was able to dine with my partner in private), which is now one of my favourite Chinese restaurants in Shanghai. When my partner and I arrived the restaurant, we were informed that a few signature dishes that normally requires a day in advance to book were arranged in advance for my table should I wish to order them. During my stay, every eatery I tried at Hyatt on the Bund is truly exceptional in its respective categories. I highly recommend to have a drink at the Vue bar where there is an outdoor jacuzzi overlooking the most incredible view (This is my favourite skyline view in SHG). My room was very well laid out with utilities conveniently placed and a killer view. I suggest to try out most of its facilities, as every experience is a pleasant and well throught-out one. Thank you Hyatt on the Bund team for giving me such an exceptional experience!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Northampton, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 25, 2013

Great location, great views from the room. The room was large and clean.

The service was not as good as a park or grand hyatt. I had a long wait to check out. I ordered a coffee from the hotels coffee shop, it took so long for someone to make it (30mins) I was late for a meeting.

Other than the slightly poor service, I would stay there again.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Clinton O
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed January 25, 2013 via mobile

Great Hotel which I use regularly. Best thing about it is the location - just a short walk to the Bund which is a great place to stretch your legs after a long flight. The Bund Club is awesome for breakfast. Rooms all have a great view of Pu Dong which is simply spectacular - especially at night. The worst thing about it is the fact that the lobby opens out onto a shabby street - don't be put off by it though - hotel is great inside.

• Stayed January 2013