“A very nice hotel a bit far from the city centre”

Sheraton Grand Shanghai Pudong Hotel & Residences
Ranked #91 of 5,059 Hotels in Shanghai
Dijon, France
“A very nice hotel a bit far from the city centre”
Reviewed January 7, 2014

The hotel iteself is impeccable. The only areas for improvment would be the number of machines in the gym. Apart from that you should know that this hotel is based in Pudong, hence a bit far from down town even though taxis are very cheap in Shanghai. If you have business partners on the Pudong side, this is the place to stay!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
NancyC974, Manager at Sheraton Grand Shanghai Pudong Hotel & Residences, responded to this review, January 9, 2014
On behalf of hotel management of Sheraton Shanghai Pudong Hotel and Residence and Four Points Complex, I would like to thank you for your recently stay and spent valuable time to complete our online questionnaire.

I was very pleased to learn from the scores that you rated us, even though we may have succeeded in meeting your expectations this time, we will not rest on our laurels and continue to work on further improving the service and hotel features.

If there are any associates or event made you feel special during your stay, Please also kindly to share with us, it would be pleasure to convey your comments to my colleagues and recognize their efforts.

Thank you once again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Mornington, Victoria, Australia
Reviewed December 25, 2013

This was my first trip to Shanghai and the Sheraton Pudong was a great place to stay for the 10 days we were there. The service was excellent, polite and helpful without being too intrusive. My daughter and I stayed in a standard twin room which had double beds and was large enough for both of us. Across the dirveway of the hotel is an entrance to the Metro rail system which was cheap, clean, safe and very easy to use. The surrounding area had a variety shopping and food options. The well appointed shopping centre next door had Quick service resturants in the basement and full service restuarants on the upper floors. There were also Mc Donalds and KFC close by if you were feeling a culture shock. The Hotel reesturant was also very good and well priced. Definately worth visiting. Our package included breakfast, which gave plenty of options, although it did become a little boring after 10 days.

To make it easy we booked a airport transfer with the hotel on arrival, when we exited customs we were whisked away and taken straight to the hotel in an Audi. It was definately more expensive than a taxi, but as first time travellers it made the journey easy until we worked out how to get around.

Overall I felt that this hotel gave great value for money with quality service in a very good location. I would have no problems staying here next time.

Room Tip: Join the Starwood Club and get free wifi and a higher floor
1 Thank Dave864
NancyC974, Manager at Sheraton Grand Shanghai Pudong Hotel & Residences, responded to this review, December 26, 2013

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed December 19, 2013

Great room, nice fitness centre, good location (subway entrance just in front of the hotel & a small shopping mall beside the hotel) and splendid breakfast.
All the staff, the front desk, concierge and housekeeping, are friendly and extremely helpful. The service I got definitely worth a 5 star rating if not 6.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
NancyC974, Manager at Sheraton Grand Shanghai Pudong Hotel & Residences, responded to this review, December 23, 2013

I was very pleased to learn from our guest feedback that you rated us. It was great to read your comments referring to nice facilities, room condition and great staff as this is what we aspire to. We will not rest on our laurels and continue to work on further improving the service and hotel features.

Giessen, Germany
Reviewed December 14, 2013

have been here before. Hotel is ca. 45 minutes away from Pudong airport ouside of rush hour. Rooms are spaceous and have all ammenities you need. Free Wifi, but very slow. VPN is a problem, staff is friendly and helpful, breakfast buffet has enough selection except for western style food. Fitness center is great on 3rd floor with nice view to the atrium. Ca. 100 Euro/night

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
NancyC974, Manager at Sheraton Grand Shanghai Pudong Hotel & Residences, responded to this review, December 17, 2013

I was very pleased to learn from our guest feedback that you rated us. It was great to read your comments referring to nice facilities, room condition and great location as this is what we aspire to. We will not rest on our laurels and continue to work on further improving the service and hotel features.

USA
Reviewed December 12, 2013

I had a room on one of the top floors, so the view was great. The breakfast is nice and they have a counter where they make and serve omelets/fried eggs per your requirements. The front desk, concierge and staff in general are nice and very helpful and they assisted me with taxis and other information that I needed. The room and the lobby were great as well. The hotel is around 15 minutes away from the Oriental Pearl Tower and the adjacent towers but you can get there easily by taxi.

I had dinners at both the restaurants in the hotel (one regular and the other Chinese restaurant) and neither of them were good. Both of them can improve on the quality of food. The internet connectivity in the lobby was spotty at times; it can be improved.

However, the experience was great overall.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business

Reference the food and internet service, our management team has been alerted and certainly more attention been taken on improving. Please rest assured that your experiences do not reflect the standards we are always striving achieve.

Reviewed December 12, 2013 via mobile

Ideally located for the exhibition centre. My room was great. They charge for the wifi in the room 90rmb each day, but free in lobby. Visited the hotels China Restaurant, it's ok, but don't expect to wowed! Coffee is poor quality so I went to the local mall, and there is a Costa a Coffee there. I could well be back!

Stayed December 2013, traveled on business

I was very pleased to learn from our guest feedback that you rated us. We will not rest on our laurels and continue to work on further improving the service and hotel features. Also for the beverages quality, our management have record it and continue to improving. It would be pleasure to convey your comments to my colleagues and recognize their efforts.

Hong Kong, China
Reviewed December 2, 2013

This was my second stay at Sharaton Pudong. I stayed in a standard hotel room, but this time I stayed in a 1 bedroom serviced apartment which is in a separate tower block. The bedroom was very comfortable, the bed slightly too hard. For a size of the apartment, surprisingly little wardrobe space. Kitchen was modern with a 2 ring stove, washer drier, dishwasher, coffee dripper, few pots and pans, and wine glasses etc. No towels, no washing powder or any typical cleaning agents. The living room was nicely designed and spacious. The bathroom was comfy with a good size walk in shower and slightly smallish bathtub. I discovered a very grimy hair drier...Overall, decent place. Very convenient location right above the underground train station. Close to Walmart, and a few foot massage places. I did not try food in any of the restaurants but the room service was efficient and the food good. The only complaint I have is that from a very long list of wines on the room service wine card they only had TWO in stock. We thought it was a joke a first. The swimming pool resembles more a public pool, clean and all, but souless. The gym is a misunderstanding. It is a few machines packed in a corridor closed off at both ends. But all in all, a decent hotel in a good location.

Room Tip: I recommend a residence room over a standard hotel room.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
NancyC974, Manager at Sheraton Grand Shanghai Pudong Hotel & Residences, responded to this review, December 5, 2013
On behalf of hotel management of Sheraton Shanghai Pudong Hotel and Residence and Four Points Complex, I would like to thank you for your recently stay and spent valuable time to give us candid comments.

I wish to take this opportunity to extend my sincere apology for your valuable comments which related with cleanliness of room. The management team has been alerted and certainly more attention been taken on retraining. Please rest assured that your experiences do not reflect the standards we are always striving achieve.

Please accept our apologies for having missed the opportunity to impress you. I know that we can do better.

The entire staff is looking forward to serving you upon your next visit again.