“Sheraton Shanghai 12/2013”

Ranked #92 of 5,105 Hotels in Shanghai
Giessen, Germany
“Sheraton Shanghai 12/2013”
Reviewed December 14, 2013

have been here before. Hotel is ca. 45 minutes away from Pudong airport ouside of rush hour. Rooms are spaceous and have all ammenities you need. Free Wifi, but very slow. VPN is a problem, staff is friendly and helpful, breakfast buffet has enough selection except for western style food. Fitness center is great on 3rd floor with nice view to the atrium. Ca. 100 Euro/night

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
NancyC974, Manager at Sheraton Grand Shanghai Pudong Hotel & Residences, responded to this review, December 17, 2013
On behalf of hotel management of Sheraton Shanghai Pudong Hotel and Residence and Four Points Complex, I would like to thank you for your recently stay and spent valuable time to complete our online questionnaire.

I was very pleased to learn from our guest feedback that you rated us. It was great to read your comments referring to nice facilities, room condition and great location as this is what we aspire to. We will not rest on our laurels and continue to work on further improving the service and hotel features.

If there are any associates or event made you feel special during your stay, Please also kindly to share with us, it would be pleasure to convey your comments to my colleagues and recognize their efforts.

Thank you once again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
USA
Reviewed December 12, 2013

I had a room on one of the top floors, so the view was great. The breakfast is nice and they have a counter where they make and serve omelets/fried eggs per your requirements. The front desk, concierge and staff in general are nice and very helpful and they assisted me with taxis and other information that I needed. The room and the lobby were great as well. The hotel is around 15 minutes away from the Oriental Pearl Tower and the adjacent towers but you can get there easily by taxi.

I had dinners at both the restaurants in the hotel (one regular and the other Chinese restaurant) and neither of them were good. Both of them can improve on the quality of food. The internet connectivity in the lobby was spotty at times; it can be improved.

However, the experience was great overall.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business

I was very pleased to learn from our guest feedback that you rated us. It was great to read your comments referring to nice facilities, room condition and great staff as this is what we aspire to. We will not rest on our laurels and continue to work on further improving the service and hotel features.

Reference the food and internet service, our management team has been alerted and certainly more attention been taken on improving. Please rest assured that your experiences do not reflect the standards we are always striving achieve.

Reviewed December 12, 2013 via mobile

Ideally located for the exhibition centre. My room was great. They charge for the wifi in the room 90rmb each day, but free in lobby. Visited the hotels China Restaurant, it's ok, but don't expect to wowed! Coffee is poor quality so I went to the local mall, and there is a Costa a Coffee there. I could well be back!

Stayed December 2013, traveled on business

I was very pleased to learn from our guest feedback that you rated us. We will not rest on our laurels and continue to work on further improving the service and hotel features. Also for the beverages quality, our management have record it and continue to improving. It would be pleasure to convey your comments to my colleagues and recognize their efforts.

Hong Kong, China
Reviewed December 2, 2013

This was my second stay at Sharaton Pudong. I stayed in a standard hotel room, but this time I stayed in a 1 bedroom serviced apartment which is in a separate tower block. The bedroom was very comfortable, the bed slightly too hard. For a size of the apartment, surprisingly little wardrobe space. Kitchen was modern with a 2 ring stove, washer drier, dishwasher, coffee dripper, few pots and pans, and wine glasses etc. No towels, no washing powder or any typical cleaning agents. The living room was nicely designed and spacious. The bathroom was comfy with a good size walk in shower and slightly smallish bathtub. I discovered a very grimy hair drier...Overall, decent place. Very convenient location right above the underground train station. Close to Walmart, and a few foot massage places. I did not try food in any of the restaurants but the room service was efficient and the food good. The only complaint I have is that from a very long list of wines on the room service wine card they only had TWO in stock. We thought it was a joke a first. The swimming pool resembles more a public pool, clean and all, but souless. The gym is a misunderstanding. It is a few machines packed in a corridor closed off at both ends. But all in all, a decent hotel in a good location.

Room Tip: I recommend a residence room over a standard hotel room.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
NancyC974, Manager at Sheraton Grand Shanghai Pudong Hotel & Residences, responded to this review, December 5, 2013
On behalf of hotel management of Sheraton Shanghai Pudong Hotel and Residence and Four Points Complex, I would like to thank you for your recently stay and spent valuable time to give us candid comments.

I wish to take this opportunity to extend my sincere apology for your valuable comments which related with cleanliness of room. The management team has been alerted and certainly more attention been taken on retraining. Please rest assured that your experiences do not reflect the standards we are always striving achieve.

Please accept our apologies for having missed the opportunity to impress you. I know that we can do better.

The entire staff is looking forward to serving you upon your next visit again.
Northants
Reviewed November 15, 2013

A very spacious standard room with well-equipped bathroom. The bed was particularly comfortable with great quality bedding. It was very clean, breakfast and lunch were excellent selections.

The only slight let-down was the internet connectivity which was quite slow.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
NancyC974, Manager at Sheraton Grand Shanghai Pudong Hotel & Residences, responded to this review, November 19, 2013

I was very pleased to learn from the scores that you rated us, even though we may have succeeded in meeting your expectations this time, we will not rest on our laurels and continue to work on further improving the service and hotel features.

With regards to the internet service at the hotel we completely agree. We are currently working on upgrading our facilities to ensure we have High Speed Wireless available in all rooms and public areas.

Huntington Station, New York
Reviewed November 14, 2013

Stayed in a Suite, as a first time and it was just beyond any expectations I would have had for a Shanghai Hotel. The suite was large, had a very modern feel and they had the western channels on, couldn't believe my eyes as I was able to get American Football on TV.

The Breakfast that is included in the room rate is a must have, 6 different stations, anything and I mean ANYTHING you can almost dream of they have. There is no shortage, if you want noodles and eggs, you can have that with a pastry. It really gives you no shortages.

They try to be as friendly as possible and make every attempt to cater to your needs.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
NancyC974, Manager at Sheraton Grand Shanghai Pudong Hotel & Residences, responded to this review, November 18, 2013

Indianapolis, Indiana
Reviewed November 4, 2013

I have been traveling in Asia for over 10 years and whenever I am in Shanghai I stay at the Sheraton Shanghai Hotel & Residences. The service is superior and the staff are very friendly and accommodating. Restaurants are good and i sleep very well. Access to the Metro line is very easy form the hotel. Our company advises any staff traveling to stay in this hotel when in Shanghai

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
NancyC974, Manager at Sheraton Grand Shanghai Pudong Hotel & Residences, responded to this review, November 7, 2013

I was very pleased to learn from our guest feedback that you rated us. It was great to read your comments referring to nice facilities, great staff and location as this is what we aspire to. We will not rest on our laurels and continue to work on further improving the service and hotel features.