Sheraton Grand Shanghai Pudong Hotel & Residences
$145
  • Breakfast included
$156
  • Pool
The Kunlun Jing An(Shanghai)
$162
$110
$154
$106
$101
$86
  • Restaurant
All reviewssubway stationspg statusbusiness tripbreakfast buffetshopping mallconvenient locationper daywestern foodwifi is freebusiness travelerupgraded to a suiteenjoyed my stayconcierge staffrain showercomfortable staycomfortable roomclub lounge
Reviewed October 9, 2013

Hotel is still fairly new. Right next to the subway (literally) and very convenient. Staff were generally helpful and polite. Rooms are in excellent condition. Stunning view from the top floor! Right next to a department store and some really good restaurants! High recommend!

Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank sunny975
NancyC974, Manager at Sheraton Grand Shanghai Pudong Hotel & Residences, responded to this reviewResponded October 12, 2013

On behalf of hotel management of Sheraton Shanghai Pudong Hotel and Residence and Four Points Complex, I would like to thank you for your recently stay and spent valuable time to complete our online questionnaire.

I was very pleased to learn from our guest feedback that you rated us. It was great to read your comments referring to nice facilities, room condition and great location as this is what we aspire to. We will not rest on our laurels and continue to work on further improving the service and hotel features.

If there are any associates or event made you feel special during your stay, Please also kindly to share with us, it would be pleasure to convey your comments to my colleagues and recognize their efforts.

Reviewed October 8, 2013

I stayed at the Sheraton for 7 days in September to attend a large conference at the Shanghai Expo Center. This was also my first trip to China. Upon check-in the hotel upgraded me to one of the residences in the other tower (not the main hotel tower). The room was nice and large with a separate kitchen, combo washer/dryer, living room area and large bathroom.

The room was very comfortable and the air conditioner worked really well (it was in the 90s when I was there). As a Platinum Member I was able to access the Sheraton Lounge for free (in the main hotel tower). It was a wonderful lounge that served breakfast in the morning with cocktails and reception bites in the evening. It was large, open and a wonderful place to work or relax. I spend many hours there during the day just because it was such an open space it was much nicer to work there than in my room. There is a small private meeting room located in the lounge as well as a private small computer center with printer, scanner and fax for lounge members (fees extra for printing, faxing, etc). Internet is free in the lounge. There is also a "residence lounge" in the other tower but it's only a seating area and not the Sheraton Club lounge with amenities that is offered in the other main hotel tower.

I didn't try the room service but I did go to the China Court restaurant in the hotel that was very good. They have a nice selection of Dim Sum and dinner entrees. Staff at the front desk, bellman and lounge staff spoke enough English for us to communicate effectively. Everyone was friendly and helpful and I enjoyed my stay at the hotel.

For those traveling by Shanghai Metro, the hotel is practically at a metro stop. It's literally across the street (also a stop right outside the hotel on the same side of the street). There are some ATMs in the lobby area between the hotel and residences tower which is also convenient and they will take US ATM/Debit cards. The hotel did provide at least 4 bottles of water per day free of charge. Unfortunately, the hotel Internet is not stable and several of us who were trying to connect to our offices via VPN were not successful. The connection would drop after 30 seconds. I tethered to my Blackberry when I needed to but that can get expensive.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank TravelinKenChi

I was very pleased to learn from our guest feedback that you rated us. It was great to read your comments referring to nice facilities, room condition and great staff as this is what we aspire to. We will not rest on our laurels and continue to work on further improving the service and hotel features.

With regards to the internet service at the hotel we completely agree. We are currently working on upgrading our facilities to ensure the High Speed internet service.

Reviewed October 8, 2013

We decided to go to Shanghai from Beijing using the "bullet" train. Definitely better than going by plane. Over 300 km per hour and as smooth as silk. We went from the rail station directly to the Sheraton Pudong. Really well appointed and located for both business and tourism. Subway station right outside so using the Metro system was a doddle. Much faster on occasion than taxis!
Excellent accomodation and the staff just couldn't do enough for us. Get a room above 20th floor, facing the business district and every evening you have a great view of all the towers and the river as far as the Bund. The inhouse Chinese restaurant was magnificent and all the public areas expansive and welcoming. The pool and gym facilities are well located with a good outside terrace overlooking the internal garden area. When we were there Shanghai was experiencing the highest temperatures for 130 years- 41.6 degr C! We would suggest better to visit April/May or October/November as you might find the heat and humidity just too stifling in August. Shanghai is just so exciting and merits an extensive visit. Unfortunately we could only spend a week there together as Lin had to fly back to UK. I stayed on for another week to do some business and lecture at the Shanghai University and luckily I was able to get out and about as well and see a bit more of the town, etc.

Room Tip: go for an East facing room above 20th floor- better view
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
NancyC974, Manager at Sheraton Grand Shanghai Pudong Hotel & Residences, responded to this reviewResponded October 11, 2013

Reviewed September 28, 2013

stayed 3 nights here. Courteous and helpful staff. comfortable room with good airconditioning. complimentary wifi internet service. tried out the swimming pool and gymnasium.
Breakfast was average.
Close to subway - unfortunately need to change lines if going to major attractions.
Nearby shopping centre with Chinese restaurant (Shanghai Min) on level 5.
Complimentary luggage storage while we were out to Hangzhou and suzhou.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
NancyC974, Manager at Sheraton Grand Shanghai Pudong Hotel & Residences, responded to this reviewResponded October 7, 2013

I was very pleased to learn from the scores that you rated us, even though we may have succeeded in meeting your expectations this time, we will not rest on our laurels and continue to work on further improving the service and hotel features.

Reviewed September 24, 2013

Was in Shanghai back in June and was staying at this hotel. Was greeted by kind staff and was actually able to check in BEFORE the official check-in time (I guess I was lucky!). Amazed at how spacious the room and toilet is, and while the shower head had leaks as the tap is run, the shower was superb. Bed was also very comfortable. I highly recommend this hotel to others.

The only concern would be its proximity to the main sights of Shanghai. I was heavily reliant on the subway to see most of the Shanghai attractions, but the hotel is literally steps away from the station, so it's not a big problem at all for me.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
NancyC974, Manager at Sheraton Grand Shanghai Pudong Hotel & Residences, responded to this reviewResponded September 26, 2013