I stayed at the Sheraton for 7 days in September to attend a large conference at the Shanghai Expo Center. This was also my first trip to China. Upon check-in the hotel upgraded me to one of the residences in the other tower (not the main hotel tower). The room was nice and large with a separate kitchen, combo washer/dryer, living room area and large bathroom.
The room was very comfortable and the air conditioner worked really well (it was in the 90s when I was there). As a Platinum Member I was able to access the Sheraton Lounge for free (in the main hotel tower). It was a wonderful lounge that served breakfast in the morning with cocktails and reception bites in the evening. It was large, open and a wonderful place to work or relax. I spend many hours there during the day just because it was such an open space it was much nicer to work there than in my room. There is a small private meeting room located in the lounge as well as a private small computer center with printer, scanner and fax for lounge members (fees extra for printing, faxing, etc). Internet is free in the lounge. There is also a "residence lounge" in the other tower but it's only a seating area and not the Sheraton Club lounge with amenities that is offered in the other main hotel tower.
I didn't try the room service but I did go to the China Court restaurant in the hotel that was very good. They have a nice selection of Dim Sum and dinner entrees. Staff at the front desk, bellman and lounge staff spoke enough English for us to communicate effectively. Everyone was friendly and helpful and I enjoyed my stay at the hotel.
For those traveling by Shanghai Metro, the hotel is practically at a metro stop. It's literally across the street (also a stop right outside the hotel on the same side of the street). There are some ATMs in the lobby area between the hotel and residences tower which is also convenient and they will take US ATM/Debit cards. The hotel did provide at least 4 bottles of water per day free of charge. Unfortunately, the hotel Internet is not stable and several of us who were trying to connect to our offices via VPN were not successful. The connection would drop after 30 seconds. I tethered to my Blackberry when I needed to but that can get expensive.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- In central Pudong, metro station nearby and luxury hotel with 24h fitness center. Convenient location. In central Pudong business area, close to Int'l Exhibition Center,EXPO Center and Mercedes-Benz Arena. Easy access to places of interests both in Puxi and Pudong through Nanpu Bridge. Metro station is 1-min away. Dining and Leisure: Hotel features an indoor pool, 24-hour fitness center and a fully-service spa. Besides 2 restaurants and lobby lounge at Sheraton, guests could also sign bills at Four Points next door in restaurants and bar. Modern-equipped Guestroom: All spacious rooms are equipped with Sheraton Sweet Sleeper™ Beds, 32-inch LCD TV, mini bar, direct-dial telephones with voicemail, Internet and safebox to have laptop. Bathroom with separate bathtub and shower. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Expedia, Ctrip TA, Hotwire, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Sheraton Grand Shanghai Pudong Hotel & Residences reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sheraton Shanghai Hotel And Residences Pudong
- Sheraton Shanghai Hotel Residences Pudong
- Shanghai Sheraton