“stay nowhere else in Shanghai”

Sheraton Grand Shanghai Pudong Hotel & Residences
Ranked #91 of 5,146 Hotels in Shanghai
Reviewed October 8, 2013

We decided to go to Shanghai from Beijing using the "bullet" train. Definitely better than going by plane. Over 300 km per hour and as smooth as silk. We went from the rail station directly to the Sheraton Pudong. Really well appointed and located for both business and tourism. Subway station right outside so using the Metro system was a doddle. Much faster on occasion than taxis!
Excellent accomodation and the staff just couldn't do enough for us. Get a room above 20th floor, facing the business district and every evening you have a great view of all the towers and the river as far as the Bund. The inhouse Chinese restaurant was magnificent and all the public areas expansive and welcoming. The pool and gym facilities are well located with a good outside terrace overlooking the internal garden area. When we were there Shanghai was experiencing the highest temperatures for 130 years- 41.6 degr C! We would suggest better to visit April/May or October/November as you might find the heat and humidity just too stifling in August. Shanghai is just so exciting and merits an extensive visit. Unfortunately we could only spend a week there together as Lin had to fly back to UK. I stayed on for another week to do some business and lecture at the Shanghai University and luckily I was able to get out and about as well and see a bit more of the town, etc.

Room Tip: go for an East facing room above 20th floor- better view
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
NancyC974, Manager at Sheraton Grand Shanghai Pudong Hotel & Residences, responded to this reviewResponded October 11, 2013

On behalf of hotel management of Sheraton Shanghai Pudong Hotel and Residence and Four Points Complex, I would like to thank you for your recently stay and spent valuable time to complete our online questionnaire.

I was very pleased to learn from our guest feedback that you rated us. It was great to read your comments referring to nice facilities, room condition and great staff as this is what we aspire to. We will not rest on our laurels and continue to work on further improving the service and hotel features.

If there are any associates or event made you feel special during your stay, Please also kindly to share with us, it would be pleasure to convey your comments to my colleagues and recognize their efforts.

Reviewed September 28, 2013

stayed 3 nights here. Courteous and helpful staff. comfortable room with good airconditioning. complimentary wifi internet service. tried out the swimming pool and gymnasium.
Breakfast was average.
Close to subway - unfortunately need to change lines if going to major attractions.
Nearby shopping centre with Chinese restaurant (Shanghai Min) on level 5.
Complimentary luggage storage while we were out to Hangzhou and suzhou.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
NancyC974, Manager at Sheraton Grand Shanghai Pudong Hotel & Residences, responded to this reviewResponded October 7, 2013

I was very pleased to learn from the scores that you rated us, even though we may have succeeded in meeting your expectations this time, we will not rest on our laurels and continue to work on further improving the service and hotel features.

Reviewed September 24, 2013

Was in Shanghai back in June and was staying at this hotel. Was greeted by kind staff and was actually able to check in BEFORE the official check-in time (I guess I was lucky!). Amazed at how spacious the room and toilet is, and while the shower head had leaks as the tap is run, the shower was superb. Bed was also very comfortable. I highly recommend this hotel to others.

The only concern would be its proximity to the main sights of Shanghai. I was heavily reliant on the subway to see most of the Shanghai attractions, but the hotel is literally steps away from the station, so it's not a big problem at all for me.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
NancyC974, Manager at Sheraton Grand Shanghai Pudong Hotel & Residences, responded to this reviewResponded September 26, 2013

Reviewed September 21, 2013

While in China we stayed at 3 Sheraton properties and the Sheraton Shanghai Hotel & Residences at Pudong was definitely my favorite. It would classify it as a 4-41/2 star hotel in the US. The property was very clean, modern, and architecturally interesting. The rooms were well appointed and the king room would be what I would suggest as the double had beds that were extremely small. The hotel had a lovely breakfast buffet with a wide variety of offerings. My only negative would be that the hotel was a little outside the main thoroughfare. If I were to stay again I would probably choose a hotel on the Bond, within walking distance of more shopping and restaurants. However, if you like to stay a bit outside the hustle and bustle I would really recommend this property, as it was really one of the nicer ones I saw during our stay in China.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business

Reviewed September 17, 2013

Absolutely love staying in this hotel!

The customer service is outstanding, the rooms are always clean, and the gym and sauna are awesome!

There is a subway stop right out front from where you can basically go anywhere. Highly recommend this hotel if you're staying in Pudong.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
NancyC974, Manager at Sheraton Grand Shanghai Pudong Hotel & Residences, responded to this reviewResponded September 22, 2013

Reviewed September 8, 2013

A nice property located in Pudong area. The rooms are very comfortable, dinning on site is great. The property provides Western, Chinese food. I am a SPG Platinum member and received free daily breakfast, access to the executive lounge and a free upgrade.Staff in concierge desk are very helpful, they alway treat me like a loyal guest, give me the right direction when I ask for help.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
NancyC974, Manager at Sheraton Grand Shanghai Pudong Hotel & Residences, responded to this reviewResponded September 12, 2013

Reviewed September 3, 2013

High class hotel with nice lobby and very good breakfast buffet - which was included in my room rate ($1198 RMB or $US200). Front desk and concierge personnel speak good English and helped me learn how to use the subway and find some tourist attactions.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
NancyC974, Manager at Sheraton Grand Shanghai Pudong Hotel & Residences, responded to this reviewResponded September 4, 2013