We decided to go to Shanghai from Beijing using the "bullet" train. Definitely better than going by plane. Over 300 km per hour and as smooth as silk. We went from the rail station directly to the Sheraton Pudong. Really well appointed and located for both business and tourism. Subway station right outside so using the Metro system was a doddle. Much faster on occasion than taxis!
Excellent accomodation and the staff just couldn't do enough for us. Get a room above 20th floor, facing the business district and every evening you have a great view of all the towers and the river as far as the Bund. The inhouse Chinese restaurant was magnificent and all the public areas expansive and welcoming. The pool and gym facilities are well located with a good outside terrace overlooking the internal garden area. When we were there Shanghai was experiencing the highest temperatures for 130 years- 41.6 degr C! We would suggest better to visit April/May or October/November as you might find the heat and humidity just too stifling in August. Shanghai is just so exciting and merits an extensive visit. Unfortunately we could only spend a week there together as Lin had to fly back to UK. I stayed on for another week to do some business and lecture at the Shanghai University and luckily I was able to get out and about as well and see a bit more of the town, etc.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- In central Pudong, metro station nearby and luxury hotel with 24h fitness center. Convenient location. In central Pudong business area, close to Int'l Exhibition Center,EXPO Center and Mercedes-Benz Arena. Easy access to places of interests both in Puxi and Pudong through Nanpu Bridge. Metro station is 1-min away. Dining and Leisure: Hotel features an indoor pool, 24-hour fitness center and a fully-service spa. Besides 2 restaurants and lobby lounge at Sheraton, guests could also sign bills at Four Points next door in restaurants and bar. Modern-equipped Guestroom: All spacious rooms are equipped with Sheraton Sweet Sleeper™ Beds, 32-inch LCD TV, mini bar, direct-dial telephones with voicemail, Internet and safebox to have laptop. Bathroom with separate bathtub and shower. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Booking.com, Orbitz, Ctrip TA, Agoda, Cancelon, Hotwire, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Sheraton Grand Shanghai Pudong Hotel & Residences reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sheraton Shanghai Hotel And Residences Pudong
- Sheraton Shanghai Hotel Residences Pudong
- Shanghai Sheraton