“Excellent, but off-way”

Sheraton Grand Shanghai Pudong Hotel & Residences
Ranked #78 of 5,159 Hotels in Shanghai
Reviewed August 14, 2013

A really nice property, rooms very comfortable and excellently appointed. Nice and complete amenities. Fantastic bed. Great bathroom.
Hotel is large, lobby well decorated. Large breakfastbuffet excellent quality, average service. Large, nice fitness center and pool.
Location is off-center and nothing much around, neither shopping nor restaurants. Subway station right in front. Right on the main street and easy traffic-free access to the exhibition centers. Mornings expect long queue to wait for taxi.

Room Tip: get room to the frontside, nice city view at night
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
NancyC974, Manager at Sheraton Grand Shanghai Pudong Hotel & Residences, responded to this reviewResponded August 15, 2013

On behalf of hotel management of Sheraton Shanghai Pudong Hotel and Residence and Four Points Complex, I would like to thank you for your recently stay and spent valuable time to complete our online questionnaire.

I was very pleased to learn from our guest feedback that you rated us. It was great to read your comments referring to nice facilities, room condition and great breakfast as this is what we aspire to. We will not rest on our laurels and continue to work on further improving the service and hotel features.Also Mayfair Mall is located next to both food and drink and everything.

If there are any associates or event made you feel special during your stay, Please also kindly to share with us, it would be pleasure to convey your comments to my colleagues and recognize their efforts.

Reviewed August 13, 2013

Never stayed on the Pudong side, but I enjoyed the one night I had here. I was upgraded to the SPG room since I spent most of my week staying at Sheratons. I loved the bathroom with a separate shower and bathtub.
The lounge on the 37 floor had great views and the customer service was better than the other Sheraton's I have stayed at in Shanghai. Line 4 of the metro is right out the door and there is a shopping mall right next door.

I would stay again!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business

I was very pleased to learn from our guest feedback that you rated us. It was great to read your comments referring to nice facilities, room condition and great staff as this is what we aspire to. We will not rest on our laurels and continue to work on further improving the service and hotel features.

Reviewed August 10, 2013

I am a heavy business traveler and an SPG Gold member and was quite impressed by this Sheraton. The hotel is nicer than any Sheraton I've stayed at in the US. My check in was smooth and my upgrade for my status was ready for me. The room was very nicest - large with nice view, beautiful marble bathroom, comfy bed and my complimentary water. I thought the breakfast spread was amazing with everything you could possibly want. Overall very impressed for a Sheraton and will definitely stay again in the future when I come to Shanghai.

Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
NancyC974, Manager at Sheraton Grand Shanghai Pudong Hotel & Residences, responded to this reviewResponded August 11, 2013

I was very pleased to learn from feedback that you rated us. It was great to read your comments referring to nice facilities, room condition and great staff as this is what we aspire to. We will not rest on our laurels and continue to work on further improving the service and hotel features.

Reviewed August 10, 2013

The comfortable stayed with excellent professional hospitality management and honesty of front desk team. All the staffs are polite and play with their great role to serve the guests, room is clean, tasty food with great variety to choose. They are warmness and absolutely caring customer experiences. There is metro line in front of hotel, it is much convenient travel to attractive locations other than taxi. There are shopping mall and restaurants in surrounding area. Free wifi access at lobby area for anyone while waiting for others or just relaxing.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business

I was very pleased to learn from our guest feedback that you rated us. It was great to read your comments referring to nice facilities, room condition and great service as this is what we aspire to. We will not rest on our laurels and continue to work on further improving the service and hotel features.

Reviewed August 3, 2013

Maybe I expect too much from these 4-5 star Hotels - not even knowing how many stars they have. However bottom line it does just fullfill the expectations being ordinary.
The location is in Pudong, close to the sister Hotel the 4 Point Sheraton, but around the Hotel there is nothing except some KTV and some strange massage studios - means for having dinner I always had to take a cap to go somewhere else.
When I arrived, the checkin was slow and complicated, the rooms not particulary nice - just normal. You see that the Hotel had seen better days. The good thing was that WiFi and breakfast were included in the room rate. Within the room, I got 4 bottles of water complementary, what was really necessary with 40 degrees Celsius outside temperature these days. Breakfast was ok, but in comparison with other chains in Asia it was poor.
In all places in the Hotel what was missing is the love for details, for nice things, design, style. It starts in the Lobby, continues in the breakfast room with the buffet and ends in the rooms itself. Theses small details make you normally think 'wow'.
My last comment is about the checkout in the morning at 6:30 - the breakfast room was full of service girls chatting with each other, but not serving and there was no doorman around when I needed the taxi. The problem is always to tell the chinese taxi driver the right location.
Conclusion: Not a desaster, but there are better hotels around.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
NancyC974, Manager at Sheraton Grand Shanghai Pudong Hotel & Residences, responded to this reviewResponded August 6, 2013

On behalf of hotel management of Sheraton Shanghai Pudong Hotel and Residence and Four Points Complex, I would like to thank you for your recently stay and spent valuable time to give us candid comments.

I wish to take this opportunity to extend my sincere apology for your valuable comments which related with our service. The management team has been alerted and certainly more attention been taken on retraining. Please rest assured that your experiences do not reflect the standards we are always striving achieve.

Please accept our apologies for having missed the opportunity to impress you. I know that we can do better.

The entire staff is looking forward to serving you upon your next visit again.

Reviewed July 26, 2013

This hotel is not your average Sheraton. It's updated, the rooms are very comfortable, great bathroom including rain shower and bathtub, and very clean. The customer service was fantastic - from the concierges to executive floor staff to the bell boys - nothing was a problem and they were incredibly helpful! Highly recommend if you are going to Shanghai, especially for business.

It's off of the #4 Metro line and taxis were easy to get most of the time (except during morning rush hour).

Room Tip: Try to get a river view!
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
NancyC974, Manager at Sheraton Grand Shanghai Pudong Hotel & Residences, responded to this reviewResponded August 1, 2013

Reviewed July 20, 2013

Great place to stay as it is easy access to every where. The staff is friendly, hotel is clean and updated. Most important, the beds are comfortable. Restaurants are around the corner. Tried the buffet at Four Points which is just next door. Had been staying for this hotel for few years when visiting Shanghai.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
NancyC974, Manager at Sheraton Grand Shanghai Pudong Hotel & Residences, responded to this reviewResponded July 25, 2013