“Nice hotel, decent location”

Sheraton Grand Shanghai Pudong Hotel & Residences
Ranked #72 of 5,206 Hotels in Shanghai
Reviewed June 18, 2013

Stayed here for just one night. Very nice hotel with a great club lounge, lobby and entrance. The rooms on the SPG/Club floors are also quite nice. The location is right outside a stop on subway line 4 - but to get anywhere in Shanghai you have to switch at least once to other lines. The staff was friendly, but not as helpful as in other locations. Will definitely stay here again

Room Tip: high floors facing the bund will have a nicer view.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
NancyC974, Manager at Sheraton Grand Shanghai Pudong Hotel & Residences, responded to this reviewResponded June 21, 2013

On behalf of hotel management of Sheraton Shanghai Pudong Hotel and Residence and Four Points Complex, I would like to thank you for your recently stay and spent valuable time to complete our online questionnaire.

I was very pleased to learn from the scores that you rated us, even though we may have succeeded in meeting your expectations this time, we will not rest on our laurels and continue to work on further improving the service and hotel features.

If there are any associates or event made you feel special during your stay, Please also kindly to share with us, it would be pleasure to convey your comments to my colleagues and recognize their efforts.

Reviewed June 5, 2013

This hotel is just next to the Nanpu bridge that connects Pudong to Puxi, so going around is quite convenient. Also it is next to a subway station.

Getting food is also easy as there is a mall next to it, and there are some small restaurants nearby.

A front desk staff by the name of Yola is very friendly. She always wears a smile no matter how demanding is the customer.

The room is spacious enough with all the amneties provided.

Overall I feel very comfortable with this hotel.

• Stayed: May 2013
1  Thank Red-Chamber
NancyC974, Manager at Sheraton Grand Shanghai Pudong Hotel & Residences, responded to this reviewResponded June 7, 2013

Reviewed May 27, 2013

Stayed here for 6 days - 1st time to Shanghai. Staff was very helpful, My room included breakfast and wi-fi, both were great and worked well. Taxi service in Shanghai is mostly miss so it was great that the hotel is located very close to the #4 line with which you can connect to any other line. Breakfast offered plenty of choices and the service was excellent. I had read some complaints about noise and the lack of good AC. I didn't have either problem - 17th floor and the weather was a little warm and rainy.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Elaine B, Manager at Sheraton Grand Shanghai Pudong Hotel & Residences, responded to this reviewResponded May 30, 2013

I was very pleased to learn from our guest feedback that you rated us. It was great to read your comments referring to nice facilities, room condition and great staff as this is what we aspire to. We will not rest on our laurels and continue to work on further improving the service and hotel features.

Reviewed May 16, 2013

This Sheraton is first rate. The facility is well kept and always squeakly clean. The guest rooms are large and very comfortable. The exercise facility has great equipment, and is located on the 3rd floor overlooking the center courtyard. But I come back to this hotel because of the attentive Staff. They are always friendly and willing to help with any issue. I recommend this hotel to all my colleagues travelling to Shanghai.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Elaine B, Manager at Sheraton Grand Shanghai Pudong Hotel & Residences, responded to this reviewResponded May 19, 2013

Dear Kristine,

Reviewed May 14, 2013

Stayed at apartments for two months.

Pros;
Right over subway line 4 (which goes around Shanghai like beltway)
Clean and comfortable rooms
Pool
Restaurant and reception staff

Cons
Doorman and security staff are using bad language in Chinese against foreigners and their wife
You need to take subway to go anywhere ( no walking distance nice place)
Taxi drivers that are called by hotel are cheating (try to get 150 RMB for Hangio station (normally 100 RMB)
If there is a smoker next door, your room will get with smell.

Room Tip: You definitely do not be facing to "road" side. Also ask for non-smoker guest next door
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Elaine B, Manager at Sheraton Grand Shanghai Pudong Hotel & Residences, responded to this reviewResponded May 16, 2013

On behalf of hotel management of Sheraton Shanghai Pudong Hotel and Residence and Four Points Complex, I would like to thank you for your recently stay and spent valuable time to give us candid comments.

I wish to take this opportunity to extend my sincere apology for your valuable comments which related with staff attitude. The management team has been alerted and certainly more attention been taken on retraining. Please rest assured that your experiences do not reflect the standards we are always striving achieve.

Please accept our apologies for having missed the opportunity to impress you. I know that we can do better.

The entire staff is looking forward to serving you upon your next visit again.

Reviewed May 14, 2013

This is an elegant place with nice sized and nicely furnished rooms. I had to look hard to find anything to criticize. The layout of the room is very good and the bathroom spacious. No place to hang wet clothes though. You have to pay for Internet but there are computers available in the lobby. If you are a Starwood preferred member they have free breakfast and a generous happy hour each night with wine and hard stuff. The exercise room is very good and open 24/7. Many tv channels in several languages. Robes, slippers, and good sized towels. There is a room safe, a nice sofa/ love seat. Scale in the bath, tea and coffee maker. It is next to a metro stop so getting around town is easy. I liked this a lot but I have to admit it wasn't cheap. Highly recommended if you can afford it.

Room Tip: High floors get away from road noise. West side has best view.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Elaine B, Manager at Sheraton Grand Shanghai Pudong Hotel & Residences, responded to this reviewResponded May 15, 2013

Dear Mr.L asrman

Reviewed May 1, 2013

Very nice, well kept hotel. I've stayed there 3 times and never had any negative issues. Bed and shower are very comfortable and the desk area is well laid out and sized for real work. Unless your breakfast is part of a package, the buffet is about $35 beyond the room price of $350+. For that much money, I would not expect to be nickel and dimed for internet service.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Elaine B, Manager at Sheraton Grand Shanghai Pudong Hotel & Residences, responded to this reviewResponded May 9, 2013