“Thanks to the bell desk , the stay was a success”

Sheraton Grand Shanghai Pudong Hotel & Residences
Ranked #92 of 5,105 Hotels in Shanghai
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“Thanks to the bell desk , the stay was a success”
Reviewed April 24, 2013

My business trip started unfortunately by the airline forgetting to board my luggage, however the next day the hotel tracked this for me and delivered to my room. I'm grateful for this extra effort.
The breakfast in the lounge is very limited but the main breakfast restaurant has a wider selection.
Roomservice was slow and so was the Internet access.
The hotel location is not spectacular but I suppose that depends on where you want to go.
The lounge is great to unwind end of day with a nice view of Shanghai Pudong area.

Room Tip: disappointed service for a Sheraton hotel, staff was not really involved Internet slow and Roomserv...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Elaine B, Manager at Sheraton Grand Shanghai Pudong Hotel & Residences, responded to this review, May 1, 2013
On behalf of hotel management of Sheraton Shanghai Pudong Hotel and Residenceand Four Points Complex, I would like to thank you for your recently stay and spent valuable time tocomplete the our online questionnaire.

Judging from the scores you’ve rated, we may have failed in meeting your expectations in the area of room service efficiency and in-room Internet speed. It is regrettable that we missed this opportunity to impress you by our Sheraton service. With regards to the internet service, we just finished upgrading our facilities to ensure we have High Speed Wireless available in all rooms and public areas. Please have a try at your stay with us.

Again, I must apologize for the inconvenience you endured. I know we can do better therefore I sincerely hope that you will give us another chance in the future. Of course, if I can assist in future bookings please do not hesitate to contact me.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed April 20, 2013 via mobile

I love this hotel. No, it is not the luxuriest, poshest. However, it is extremely comfortable, cozy. It gives me a home feel.

Staff are extremely friendly. Location is great, with metro station right on property.

Restaurants are awesome, breakfast delicious. Price is competitive. Internet complimentary (could be company deal).

Stay there always. My only choice o hotel in Shanghai

• Stayed April 2013
Elaine B, Manager at Sheraton Grand Shanghai Pudong Hotel & Residences, responded to this review, April 23, 2013
On behalf of hotel management of Sheraton Shanghai Pudong Hotel and Residence and Four Points Complex, I would like to thank you for your recently stay and spent valuable time to complete our online questionnaire.

I was very pleased to learn from the scores that you rated us, even though we may have succeeded in meeting your expectations this time, we will not rest on our laurels and continue to work on further improving the service and hotel features.

Hong Kong
Reviewed April 8, 2013

We had a room with 2 double beds for my wife and I and our 2 kids. The room wasn't spacious so it was a little cramped for 4 of us. The room was modern, clean and stylish however. And the facilities were good, like the gym and pool. Breakfast was disappointing - not included in the room rate, exorbitantly expensive and poor quality and little consideration for health conscious eaters (tinned fruit salad, processed sausages etc.)

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Elaine B, Manager at Sheraton Grand Shanghai Pudong Hotel & Residences, responded to this review, April 12, 2013
On behalf of hotel management of Sheraton Shanghai Pudong Hotel and Residenceand Four Points Complex, I would like to thank you for your recently stay and spent valuable time to give us your valuable comments.

I was very pleased to learn from our guest satisfaction surveythat you rated us,even though we may have succeeded in meeting your expectations this time, we will not rest on our laurels and continue to work on further improving the service and hotel features.

However, It is regrettable that we missed this opportunity to impress you by our Sheraton service in regards to breakfast quality. We'll investigate the root cause & improve immediately.

Denmark
Reviewed April 5, 2013

Stayed 1 night only due to business trip in Shanghai and left the following morning by the free shuttle bus to Sheraton Ningbo (Departure from Four Points Sheraton next door)
Wonderful stay - could not fault anything.
Spotless clean - service great ! and the breakfast.... EVERYTHING You can ever ask for is there.. Absolutely brilliant !
Did not use the gym / spa why I can´t rate this..
Only "downside" is the lack of Wifi in Room - this is only available in the Lobby area, but I know the hotel is working on this issue...Can only recommend this hotel to others and will most likely be back !!

Room Tip: High fllor = Nice skyline view
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Dinamarca
Elaine B, Manager at Sheraton Grand Shanghai Pudong Hotel & Residences, responded to this review, April 6, 2013
On behalf of hotel mangement of Sheraton Shanghai Pudong Hotel and Residence and Four Points Complex, I would like to thank you for your recently stay and spent valuable time to complete our online questionnaire.

With regards to the internet service at the hotel we completely agree. We are currently working on upgrading our facilities to ensure we have High Speed Wireless available in all rooms and public areas. We plan to have this project completed within this month.

Bournemouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 30, 2013

Unbelievable! We stayed and it was my mom's birthday and they brought up a birthday cake and bowl of fruit on the house!!!!! We were astonished.

First of all, you arrive at the entrance where your greeted by a home grown english speaker! Straight away a +! In our case we were very lucky that we got to meet the manager who was extremely helpfull and kind. She gave us a residence which would usually be only rented out for months, AT A GREAT DISCOUNT. Everything was included in the rooms : A Great view, all the additionall complimentary items, such as slippers, soap, conditioner, bath robes, razors and much more!

Although i didn't visit the spa because it was a bit expensive for my taste, it was being guarded by 5 beutifull girls which may indicate that i should've gone :( The swimming pool is a regular rectangular pool, where often local (Rich chinese) poeple would come for a swim but ofcourse its free for hotel users :)) Changing rooms and showers has everything provided for all there is for you to bring is your swim suit, goggles and playables :D.. The gym, although providing it is 'Sheraton' it could have been a tad bit better, but nonetheless it was immaculate.!

Rooms maintenance is unbelievable! Pretty much every day cleaners will clean the whole suite/room with sheets, pillows, complimentaries and all.

It's location is very strategically in the city center, And you won't have to worry about hailing a cab or getting ripped off as they have there own cabs lined up, just ask the doorman (English guy ) where you want to go and they will call it for you and arrange everything with the proper price.

And trust me when i say this, this is not biased at all. If would go to china again this would be the place to stay..!

[traveled when the olympics was there, i assume now its a lot better.]

Room Tip: If you can afford it, and your with the family, I'd personally go for the suites or appartments...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Elaine B, Manager at Sheraton Grand Shanghai Pudong Hotel & Residences, responded to this review, April 2, 2013

I was very pleased to learn from our guest satisfaction survey that you rated us,even though we may have succeeded in meeting your expectations this time, we will not rest on our laurels and continue to work on further improving the service and hotel features.

I would like to take the opportunity for recognizing the efforts of our Front Office and Concierge colleagues; it was a pleasure to convey your comments to them.

Reviewed March 18, 2013

Great Hotel with a very new and up-to-date maintenance. The rooms are big, the shower area include everything, the lobby is very spacious for having friends and business associates over in the hotel. The business lounge has a spectacular scenery with appetizers almost all day long. Great breakfast whether in the lounge or downstairs. They also have a serviced outdoor garden for those who likes to smoke as the hotel has a non-smoking policy in the lobby. Perfect for exhibitions visitors as the location is with a proximity to the exhibition center. A taxi will be needed to visit the city center which cost around 10 dollars. Taxis are abundant in the area. overall, a good hotel to stay in Shanghai.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Elaine B, Manager at Sheraton Grand Shanghai Pudong Hotel & Residences, responded to this review, March 22, 2013

If there are any associates made you feel special during your stay, please also kindly to share with us, it would be pleasure to convey your comments to my colleagues and recognize their efforts.

Sydney
Reviewed March 11, 2013

Very friendly and accommodating staff. In particular Tim at reception and all the concierge guys.

Nice facilities although a better bar would be nice. A super breakfast when I got there early but pretty ordinary when I tried at 9.30.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Elaine B, Manager at Sheraton Grand Shanghai Pudong Hotel & Residences, responded to this review, March 13, 2013
On behalf of hote management of Sheraton Shanghai Pudong Hotel and Residenceand Four Points Complex, I would like to thank you for your recently stay and spent valuable time to give us your valuable comments.

I would like to take the opportunity for recognizing the efforts of our front desk colleagues Tim and concierge colleagues; it was a pleasure to convey your comments to them.