We arrived and the check in was quick. I was very happy with the room, spacious, comfortable. The wife loved the bathroom, the shower was great. Our room had a great view of the Nanpu Bridge over the river, and to the Puxi side of Shanghai. At night it was awesome.
The Breakfast buffet was incredible, but a little pricey if it is not included. We did have breakfast there everyday and enjoyed the food. The lounge was very nice to sit and relax with a drink or a pot of tea while using the WIFI, we did not have problems with the Wifi that others had. We were using our iPads with out any problems in the lounge or in the buffet restaurant.
The meeting rooms were Ok, we were here for a small conference but the temperature was to hot in the meeting room and in our hotel room. We had to open the window in our room to cool down and with the pollution as bad as it was when we were in Shanghai I did not like having to open a window to cool down.
The location was OK, not my first choice as we had six days for sight seeing and having to cross the river to go to the Bund and other places was an inconvenience. There was always a taxi waiting to take us were ever we wanted to go and taxis in Shanghai are very inexpensive. The Concierge has cards with the names of the popular spots to go in Chinese and English so you just have to show the cab driver were you want to go.
The service was outstanding, we were always treated with respect, and the staff always made sure that we were taken care of. Will I go back to the Sheraton Residence in Pudong, probably not, but not because of the hotel or the staff but because of the location and wanting to stay closer the entertainment district. I would recommend it for business travel though, a very comfortable well kept hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- In central Pudong, metro station nearby and luxury hotel with 24h fitness center. Convenient location. In central Pudong business area, close to Int'l Exhibition Center,EXPO Center and Mercedes-Benz Arena. Easy access to places of interests both in Puxi and Pudong through Nanpu Bridge. Metro station is 1-min away. Dining and Leisure: Hotel features an indoor pool, 24-hour fitness center and a fully-service spa. Besides 2 restaurants and lobby lounge at Sheraton, guests could also sign bills at Four Points next door in restaurants and bar. Modern-equipped Guestroom: All spacious rooms are equipped with Sheraton Sweet Sleeper™ Beds, 32-inch LCD TV, mini bar, direct-dial telephones with voicemail, Internet and safebox to have laptop. Bathroom with separate bathtub and shower. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, Booking.com, Hotwire, Agoda, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotels.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Sheraton Grand Shanghai Pudong Hotel & Residences reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sheraton Shanghai Hotel And Residences Pudong
- Sheraton Shanghai Hotel Residences Pudong
- Shanghai Sheraton