Very nice hotel. My room was very big with a fantastic bed, quality bedding, and great pillows. Excellent shower room and efficient toiletries.
The a/c also worked very well --which is a concern sometimes when in China.
Internet is expensive at RMB 100 per day (US$16) or RMB 50 ($8) for one hour, by cable only. Wi-fi is only available in the common areas. In the wi-fi era, for a business hotel, cable and wi-fi internet should be free or at least a little more reasonable.
I did not eat at the hotel's restaurants but ordered room service. The response was very good and the order taking was painless. To be very particular, I ordered ceasar salad with dressing on the side (twice) and each time, the lettuce was very wet, dripping water. At least it was washed, right? but it was good and prompt.
The service at the check-in/out was efficient. For the first time in the many years of traveling and staying in numerous hotels in China, it didn't take very long to process.
Concierge staff is excellent and I must congratulate the hotel because even the bellhops spoke clear English.
Hotel also offers their own hotel taxis which can be arranged up to 2 hours in advance. I suggest you consider taking a hotel taxi if you are pressed for time in the morning. The traffic in Shanghai is demonic and taxi supply dwindles. Waiting time is more than 45 minutes. This is not Sheraton's fault. But, do consider hotel transportation; it is not very cheap but it will take you where you need to be in style, in a clean car, and with a competent, responsible, driver. Money well spent. You'll thank me for this.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- In central Pudong, metro station nearby and luxury hotel with 24h fitness center. Convenient location. In central Pudong business area, close to Int'l Exhibition Center,EXPO Center and Mercedes-Benz Arena. Easy access to places of interests both in Puxi and Pudong through Nanpu Bridge. Metro station is 1-min away. Dining and Leisure: Hotel features an indoor pool, 24-hour fitness center and a fully-service spa. Besides 2 restaurants and lobby lounge at Sheraton, guests could also sign bills at Four Points next door in restaurants and bar. Modern-equipped Guestroom: All spacious rooms are equipped with Sheraton Sweet Sleeper™ Beds, 32-inch LCD TV, mini bar, direct-dial telephones with voicemail, Internet and safebox to have laptop. Bathroom with separate bathtub and shower. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Ctrip TA, Orbitz, Travelocity, Agoda, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Sheraton Grand Shanghai Pudong Hotel & Residences reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sheraton Shanghai Hotel And Residences Pudong
- Sheraton Shanghai Hotel Residences Pudong
- Shanghai Sheraton