Four Points by Sheraton Shanghai Daning
Ranked #67 of 5,105 Hotels in Shanghai
Singapore
“so so”
Reviewed August 6, 2013

the main entrance of the hotel was kind of hard for the taxi driver to get to. I pre-booked my hotel room 2 weeks ago but yet when i checked in was told the type of room i wanted was not available. Not exactly disappointed with the change but disappointed that the hotel doesn't care about its customers, especially those who already booked and put in their preference weeks ago. Weather was hot in Shanghai but the hotel room hallway was very warm. Went for lunch at restaurant downstairs, doors were open but i had to walk in to ask if the restaurant is open. Server was reading newspaper inside and explain they don't have full strength as I went in during their break hours but that they have a skeleton staff cooking and serving. Only saw 1 waiter/waitress the whole time and I was the only customer.

Bed was cozy and comfortable. Breakfast doesn't start till 630 am but when I get there, there were already many customers. Only 1 server who had to be all over the place and the manager were more concerned with the serving eggs/omelettes to the customers than helping the poor server. The full serving crew did not turn up till about 7 am and by then I was on my way out as I wanted to have noodles but there were no staff at the serving station and later 1 more cook joined the other cook at the egg station. Coffee was not serve till I was finished with my breakfast even though I requested for it earlier. Checkout was so not 4 or 5 stars standard, after asking for your room number and ask if you use their minibar (which I never use and never bother to find out where it is), the guy at the checkout counter will shout your room number loudly into a walkie talkie to housekeeping to check your room. Even my local colleagues find that very low class.

can't comment much about the location except there is a mall opposite and good for those who wants to wander around at night. It was booked as my office was opposite.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
FourPointsDaning, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Shanghai Daning, responded to this review, August 11, 2013
Dear axio99,

Greetings from Four Points by Sheraton Shanghai, Daning.

Thank you for valuable feedback and taking the time to post a comment on Trip Advisor.

Thank you very much for your valuable feedback on Four Points Daning, which is a very detailed description we still need space to improve. Rest assure that we will share your comments during our operation meeting and this will be the mateiral for us during next training.

Total guest satisfaction is our utmost priority and thanks to your positive comment and feedback that we able to maintain on our service standard.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the warmth hospitality of Four Points by Sheraton Shanghai, Daning for another exceptional experience.

Yvonne Wan

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Hong Kong, China
Reviewed July 30, 2013

Location: about 10 minutes walk from YanChangLu Station on Subway Line 1. If you plan on taking the subway, beware of the peak hours as many people travel on Subway Line 1 to get in, out and around Shanghai. It will be packed. China packed.

Surrounding: the hotel is located in a shopping, eatery hub build for Daning. You will see many younger generation Chinese coming to this place as it's inside the Daning neighbourhood. You have Starbucks, Lugos (which i think serves better coffee), KFC, Dairy Queen, Burger King, Pizza Hut...etc. There is also plenty of local eateries, too. Dining is non-issue. Huge grocery store right next to the hotel as well.

Service: not your usual Sheraton, nor Four Points standard. I truly wonder if this hotel is still under Sheraton management. Don't get me wrong - the staffs are professional and will get the job done...but you probably don't want to expect more than what's on their job description.

Facility: Dated but reasonably well maintained.

I first came to this hotel two years ago. It was then a good find - reasonable pricing and friendly staffs. I think the hotel room could use more cleaning - especially the bathroom stains (I stayed in Room 1001.) The price of the room hasn't changed much but I felt I got less for the same bucks compared to two years ago. For that kind of money, I would rather find a location much closer to town.

I would recommend this place for someone who doesn't need to get in and out of Shanghai city centre. If you are a tourist, I think you can find more value for the money should you stay elsewhere.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
FourPointsDaning, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Shanghai Daning, responded to this review, August 1, 2013
Dear Po-hk,

Greetings from Four Points by Sheraton Shanghai, Daning.

Thank you very much for your valuable feedback on Four Points Daning, which is a very detailed description on our advantage and points we still need space to improve. Rest assure that we will share your comments during our operation meeting and this will be the mateiral for us during next training.

Denpasar, Bali, Indonesia
Reviewed June 12, 2013

The arrival experience at check in was instant and very sharp. The place is huge, clean and rather majestic with a twist of modern times. My window views were very colourful and my bed super confortable. I tried the Hotel's bar and also had breakfast, lunch and dinner in their restaurant. The entire experience was flawless and there is so much to do just by walking out their front door. I found the staff to be very helpful and if you happen to be at the lobby, keep an eye out for the Lady in black - she is the GM and sharp as nails when it comes to customer focus and attention to 360 degrees of this fabulous environment.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
FourPointsDaning, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Shanghai Daning, responded to this review, June 12, 2013
Dear Constanzo 1968,

Greetings from Four Points by Sheraton Shanghai, Daning.

It is our privilege to learn that you have had an unforgettable stay at our hotel and that we contributed, in some small way, to making your experience with us an enriching and distinctive one.

Reviewed June 1, 2013 via mobile

Stayed for 4 nights on a business trip . It's a little way out if the centre. So if you have to get into the centre during rush hour and you value your personal space , you may want to look elsewhere , BUT, the hotel is great, and has a lovely shopping and restaurant plaza immediately outside the hotel front door . Hotel is very well appointed. I expected less ! Mike on the concierge desk is the best on the planet . Helped me out a bunch of times . Would definitely stay here again, depending on nature of my trip. Suggest avoiding taxi into centre, the traffic was bad for 20 hours a day .

• Stayed March 2013
FourPointsDaning, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Shanghai Daning, responded to this review, June 2, 2013
Dear Dee Tee3333,

Shanghai, Shanghai, China
Reviewed May 30, 2013

I Lived in this hotel several times. Most of the times I felt comfortable and welcome.
The rooms are fine and the beds are fine as well. Some more modern renovation would be good for some of the smaller rooms. The gym is very nice and the pool is pretty relaxed.
The breakfast is good and fresh. The service is ok - some more English speaking staff would be nice.
The Internet speed is ok but could be better.
Big minus: the air on is not working proberly on every room. The staff is not able to solve it. I had this topic several times, but it could never been solved 100%. The only solution is to open the window...

Room Tip: If possible choose the bigger rooms on with a window to the front of the hotel because there it is m...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Dear Dominik O,

Greetings from Four Points by Sheraton Shanghai, Daning.

Regarding to the Air-con at guestroom, please rest assure i will speak to the Chief Engineer directly and thanks for your great feedback on this again, this will be our next step of effort.

melbourne
Reviewed May 7, 2013

I have stayed at his hotel many times, usually for 3 to 5 days on each visit over the last 3 years. It is in an excellent area of up-market shopping, a large supermarket ( to buy things rather from the over-the-top mini bar).
It is a very pleasant location and completely safe. there are many restaurant and F.Food franchise outlets in the immediate area which is a 'walking area' away from motor traffic.
The hotel itself has a good lobby area and the rooms are modern but starting to date. The beds are certainly a few steps down from a full Sheraton hotel.
Breakfast offers a very wide range but the staff is a bit inattentive and I suspect this is due to the young male sub managers who walk around seemingly trying to look important. but don't 'pick up' on guests needs (yes, the girls are noticeably better ).
At reception there is a designated area for Frequent Stayers ( club members) but the desk-staff appear to take no notice of those who queue there... I have drawn this to the attention of the Front Desk manager more than once.
The house keeping staff are very good indeed.
The reason I stay at the place is the location and the nearness to my office.

Room Tip: Uooer floor at the rear.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
FourPointsDaning, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Shanghai Daning, responded to this review, May 10, 2013
Dear Terence S,

Greetings from Four Points by Sheraton Shanghai, Daning.

Thank you for your valuable feedback and for taking the time to post a comment of your experience with us on TripAdvisor.com.

Firstly, please accept my sincerest apology for the inconvenience you experienced whilst staying with us. We at Four Points Daning understand the importance of fulfilling our guest’s expectations and it concerns me greatly that you have departed our property with a negative impression.

I was most concerned to hear about your unfortunate experience and I am very sorry that I was not aware of this situation and what had happened to you since there was no report or record of such an incident.

And I am sad to hear that our associates and their response have not lifted up to your expectation. We will use your comments during upcoming associate trainings in an effort to improve our service standards.

Please be rest assured that I have personally spoken to the department heads responsible for the areas where your valuable feedback highlighted the need for improvements and accordingly they will follow up with our team in an effort to improve our product and service standard.

In closing we would like to thank you for choosing Four Points by Sheraton Shanghai, Daning. We hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to our hotel on your next visit to Shanghai.

Pune
Reviewed April 25, 2013

Its Four Points... so it automatically comes with a 1 up! Very contemporary...aesthetically nice... great bar to hang around... i didnt find the breakfast spread very exciting though.... Also please dont try the 'indian snacks' in China- they are disaterous.
Hotel is excellent by all means!!

Room Tip: Higher the better!!!
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
FourPointsDaning, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Shanghai Daning, responded to this review, May 1, 2013
Dear handy_id,

Greetings from Four Points by Sheraton Shanghai, Daning.

Total guest satisfaction is our utmost priority and thanks to your comment and feedback that we able to improve on our service standard and products.