the main entrance of the hotel was kind of hard for the taxi driver to get to. I pre-booked my hotel room 2 weeks ago but yet when i checked in was told the type of room i wanted was not available. Not exactly disappointed with the change but disappointed that the hotel doesn't care about its customers, especially those who already booked and put in their preference weeks ago. Weather was hot in Shanghai but the hotel room hallway was very warm. Went for lunch at restaurant downstairs, doors were open but i had to walk in to ask if the restaurant is open. Server was reading newspaper inside and explain they don't have full strength as I went in during their break hours but that they have a skeleton staff cooking and serving. Only saw 1 waiter/waitress the whole time and I was the only customer.
Bed was cozy and comfortable. Breakfast doesn't start till 630 am but when I get there, there were already many customers. Only 1 server who had to be all over the place and the manager were more concerned with the serving eggs/omelettes to the customers than helping the poor server. The full serving crew did not turn up till about 7 am and by then I was on my way out as I wanted to have noodles but there were no staff at the serving station and later 1 more cook joined the other cook at the egg station. Coffee was not serve till I was finished with my breakfast even though I requested for it earlier. Checkout was so not 4 or 5 stars standard, after asking for your room number and ask if you use their minibar (which I never use and never bother to find out where it is), the guy at the checkout counter will shout your room number loudly into a walkie talkie to housekeeping to check your room. Even my local colleagues find that very low class.
can't comment much about the location except there is a mall opposite and good for those who wants to wander around at night. It was booked as my office was opposite.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The hotel is located in the Shanghai new commercial centre in Jing’an District, ideally located in the complex-Life Hub @ Daning. 5 minutes walk to Metro Line 1 Yanchang Road station, direct to People’s Square, East Nanjing Road, Shanghai Railway Station, etc. Only 25 minutes from Hongqiao Airport and 45 minutes from Pudong Airport. The hotel features 315 guest rooms, one Lobby Lounge, All Day Dining restaurant, full facility health club and an indoor swimming pool. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Cheap Tickets, Ctrip TA, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Cancelon, Agoda, Hotwire and HotelQuickly so you can book your Four Points by Sheraton Shanghai Daning reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Four Points By Sheraton Shanghai Daning Hotel Shanghai
- 4 Points By Sheraton Shanghai Daning
- Four Points Shanghai Daning
- Shanghai Four Points
- Shanghai Sheraton