All reviews walking distance of the main shanghai train station wi fi comfortable rooms buffet breakfast desk
Reviewed May 20, 2016 via mobile

One of the worst hotel I have stayed thus far, service wise....lousy wifi and they have to cheek to tell that wifi is not available unless you have a China mobile..later after "discussion" say they have lousy wifi except reception area. Room is pretty "hot" and stuffy....when ask why can't cool.... they say it is like that.. Controlled at 26 degrees.... I think they are surviving just because of location....hard for them to get repeat customers or my timing of stay there was off... I left the next morning ..... There are other hotels...

Stayed: May 2016, traveled on business
Reviewed October 16, 2015

This hotel is conveniently located in the North Square of Shanghai Railway Station and very near Metro Lines 1,3 and 4. This gives you access to the city centre and to both airports with only one change. This hotel was formerly owned by American chain Days when it was overpriced. The level of staff experience has fallen since and English at reception is not very good. But the convenience, cleanliness and room standard make this excellent value for money in an expensive city.

Stayed: November 2014
Reviewed September 8, 2015 via mobile

I stayed there during my trip to Shanghai as a single travelling woman. After only good experiences in other hotels despite the language gap, I was really surprised about the way I got treated here. Many of the staff member could speak English. But unfortunately I did not enjoy my stay here too much due to the following reasons:
- the room was small and humid and one could see traces of mold in the bathroom
- the staff at the reception was extremely unfriendly and unhelpful. They ignored me when I had questions and they did even refuse to call me a taxi and told me to take the metro instead
- many of the amneties which are promoted at their website and in the hotel brochure weren't available: massage, leisure room, arrangement of giuded tours. The gym is in an okay shape but some of the machines are broken.

If you don't need any service and if you are just looking for a location close to the railway station or a metro station and you don't mind mold, the place might still be overpriced but okay. Personally though, I would not recommend it. I don't think that anyone appreciates being treated that way and pay for an overpriced molty room.

Stayed: August 2015, traveled solo
Reviewed August 7, 2015

this hotel has a lot potentials to get a good business but the reception staffs except two of them are so unprofessional ,unhelpful and not being trained properly. reception is the central section of hotel business , I had been ignored, treated rudely . I don.t expect English speaking staff available all the time in a hotel in china or anywhere else in the world but the language difference should be no barrier to communicate between human beings. there are other called sign language or patiently write, draw and explaining thing you want to express. a reception should be manned by helpful and professional persons. this hotel is really very convenient for people who going to use trains going to visit other parts of china . I stayed twice ,4 nights each. in the first stay I was given access to Wi-Fi but each day I needed to go to the reception to get new mobile phone number of the staff and the password . that was a problem because it I was at the mercy of the staff who was on duty then on the second stay I was only allowed to wired internet. the problem started because it did not work , it took them two hour effort but to no avail so finally they gave me access to Wi-Fi at the first day . at the second day an IT technician did a good job to connect my laptop to the hotel wired internet. I did not mind any type internet as long as it was available . anyway it left me wondering why internet connection is still a big problem in this hotel and I wish other tourist who has no chinese mobile phone number be warned not to come to this hotel. it left me a bitter taste because no staff had said sorry or any excuse why I should got all the trouble with the internet especially when that two hours work at my room ,if they were more apologising about the whole situation it would be pleasant.

• Stayed: May 2015, traveled solo
Reviewed July 26, 2015

My boyfriend and I stayed at this hotel during the final few days of our trip in China. While the hotel was clean and ok to sleep in, we wouldn't recommend this hotel to anyone, predominantly due to the poor service. Almost all staff in this hotel were rude. Hardly anyone cracked a smile. It was a bit disappointing as everyone had been very friendly and welcoming in the other hotels we had stayed in during our China tour. Hardly any staff members could speak English which was also a bit of a problem. The English TV channels also didn't work in this hotel.
Wifi only worked in the hotel lobby which wasn't convenient.
Besides the poor service, the breakfast in this hotel was the biggest disappointment- it was awful! We were supposed to have breakfast in this hotel for four days but we ended up going to Starbucks across the road. We are not picky eaters in the slightest, but we couldn't face eating in this hotel in the morning!
If I had the choice, I would go elsewhere.

• Stayed: July 2015, traveled as a couple