For US $120 more or less for 3 nights stay, its value indeed!
Be ready to deal with the staff, some do not speak english...prepare to talk chingrish and communicate like talking to a baby. That we dont mind, its one of the adventures you go through when you're in mainland China. Things turned out well though. Left our luggage with them when we travelled to Hangzhou. There is also a free internet in the lobby.
Nonetheless, the Holiday Inn Express has all what you ask for from the hotel, sans the excess (pool, ref, mini bar , room service et al) Breakfast was fine - it came with set meals, basic eggs, hard boiled eggs in hot tea, sausages & bacon, congee, simple veggies and breads. Also comes with coffeee, teas, juice.
Rooms are small but clean. Bed and sheets are great too. Hotel also has free laundromat.
The hood's safe even at night. Its situated in front of the creek and the location is not commuter friendly. Some Shanghai cabbies do not know where it is. It is also near Carrefour. It is suggested that you ask the front desk . It is also around 10 to 15 mins walk to the nearest train station. Cabs in Shanghai are also cheap. If you get hungry in the middle of the night, there aint many joints open nearby. Front desk offered a McDonalds delivery but we declined. We're in Shanghai and we'll eat McDo? :(
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Holiday Inn Express Putuo Shanghai is managed by InterContinental Hotels Group. Strategically located on Guang Fu Xi Road, cross Wu Ning Road, intersection of Pu Tuo, Jin An and Chang Ning districts, the hotel is only 10 minutes drive distance from City Center. Just 20 minutes drive from the Hong Qiao Airport, 55 minutes from the Pudong International Airport and 10 minutes from the Shanghai Railway station, the hotel is perfectly situated for business, sightseeing and shopping. Holiday Inn Express Putuo Shanghai is situated in the central part of downtown Puxi shanghai, it is only 20 minutes drive distance from Shanghai Exhibition Center and Shanghai Mart, close to Jing'an Temple, Jade Buddy Temple and Zhong Shan Park, on the bank of Su Zhou River enjoying its scenic riverside and Garden view, with easy access to Shanghai's shopping center and tourist attractions. Holiday Inn Express Putuo Shanghai, has 237 contemporarily designed guestrooms, Great Room can hold 118 guests for dinning, fully equipment meeting room. You'll enjoy a comfortable, convenient and peaceful stay, plus attentively selected services, complimentary breakfast and an impressive offering of business facilities and free High Speed Internet broadband access. The Smart Simplicity concept makes the Holiday Inn Express a smart choice for the visitor to bustling Shanghai. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, IHG, Expedia, Agoda, Hotels.com, Ctrip TA, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Travelocity, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire and HotelQuickly so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Putuo Shanghai reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Putuo Shanghai Hotel Shanghai
- Holiday Inn Express Shanghai
- Holiday Inn Shanghai
- Shanghai Holiday Inn