Like other reviewers of this property I would comment that the rooms are small, but clean. We had king bed for three people and had to request a third bed be put in although our reservation said there was a sofa bed. The hotel staff attempted to charge us for the extra bed, but did not charge us after we insisted the reservation was made for three people. Overall, we were pleased with the hotel and found the rate made the stay a good value. If taking Metro get off at line 11, Landau stop and take exit and turn left. The complaints of other reviewers regarding the bkfast has a legitimate basis, but this is China after all. Most of the offerings were Chinese and there was very little from a western menu to choose from. I am sure however the bkfast was far more extensive than it is in the US at a HI Express- a least from a Chinese viewpoint! I found the staff to be helpful as they did what they could to make our stay pleasant. A word of caution however regarding the Metro. After a night visit to the Bund we found that the Metro Line 11 which goes to the hotel closed at 10:15 PM. We just missed the last train and had to walk/taxi to the hotel. The taxi driver did not know where it was and so he took us the wrong direction down the street where the hotel is into a rather "shady" area. Fortunately, the driver was honest, and turned off the meter and got us home after raising our blood pressure a bit. This is a thrill most readers would appreciate missing! Depending on my plans in Shanghai, I would stay here again without question.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Holiday Inn Express Putuo Shanghai is managed by InterContinental Hotels Group. Strategically located on Guang Fu Xi Road, cross Wu Ning Road, intersection of Pu Tuo, Jin An and Chang Ning districts, the hotel is only 10 minutes drive distance from City Center. Just 20 minutes drive from the Hong Qiao Airport, 55 minutes from the Pudong International Airport and 10 minutes from the Shanghai Railway station, the hotel is perfectly situated for business, sightseeing and shopping. Holiday Inn Express Putuo Shanghai is situated in the central part of downtown Puxi shanghai, it is only 20 minutes drive distance from Shanghai Exhibition Center and Shanghai Mart, close to Jing'an Temple, Jade Buddy Temple and Zhong Shan Park, on the bank of Su Zhou River enjoying its scenic riverside and Garden view, with easy access to Shanghai's shopping center and tourist attractions. Holiday Inn Express Putuo Shanghai, has 237 contemporarily designed guestrooms, Great Room can hold 118 guests for dinning, fully equipment meeting room. You'll enjoy a comfortable, convenient and peaceful stay, plus attentively selected services, complimentary breakfast and an impressive offering of business facilities and free High Speed Internet broadband access. The Smart Simplicity concept makes the Holiday Inn Express a smart choice for the visitor to bustling Shanghai. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Hotels.com, IHG, Expedia, Ctrip TA, Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire and HotelQuickly so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Putuo Shanghai reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Putuo Shanghai Hotel Shanghai
- Holiday Inn Express Shanghai
- Holiday Inn Shanghai
- Shanghai Holiday Inn