$178
$97
$80
Agoda.com
Savings alert! 37% below average rates

The price you found is 37% lower than this hotel's average rate of $127/night.

$150
Radisson Blu
$130
Savings alert! 18% below average rates

The price you found is 18% lower than this hotel's average rate of $158/night.

$187
Hotels.com
$159
  • Breakfast included
$134
$105
1,261 results
All reviewsthe executive loungemetro stationtop floorplatinum memberbreakfast buffetstar hoteldeluxe roomfrench concessionlate checkvery nice hotelbusiness tripcentral locationrooms are spaciousnon smokingchinese foodshopping malltianzifang
Reviewed June 19, 2009

If you are an A-Club member don't bother asking for an upgrade as they don't understand the rules at all. I spent 45 minutes at check in with my platinum card, requested an upgrade and 4 staff members later was told it was not in the rules.
The food is very average. The buffet never changes except for the carvery dish, which seems to alternate on consecutive evenings. Very boring and very average. Waited 40 minutes for a glass of wine which seems to come from a differnt floor. The service was terrible constantly, and we twice witnessed a concierge staff member who we knick named "Rocky", assaulting guests, who we think were jumping a taxi line. Rocky wouldn't leave things. After his initial pushing, shoving and abuse in chinese he would walk away and then return to the guest who was doing nothing for another go ! It was unbelievable. This happenned twice and the rest of the staff just looked on giggling. Not a nice place to stay and not the usual pullman standard.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed June 14, 2009

Stayed at a number of other Pullman's, but the Skyway is well below the standard of the ones in Xian and Bangkok.

Positive:
Nice recreational facilities
Complimentary internet access
Great views on high floors
Nice bathrooms

Negative:
Club floor rooms are not worth the money, small and bland rooms
Front line staff not overly helpful (asked for the nearest Starbucks and was given three times different directions by the same person)
Club lounge canapes poor in quality and quanitity
Very limited English TV chanels

Overall not up to the standard of other Pullmans, but maybe I am just spoiled after staying at the fantastic Xian and Bangkok Pullmans

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed June 8, 2009

This is a truely unexpected and unbeliavable experience! The hotel was great, the rooms were clean and tidy beyond expectation! the service was good as well. The environment was superb! Deco was modern and attractive. Though the food in the restaurant was not as 5 stars as it suppose to be but the environment compensate the whole thing!

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed May 24, 2009

I stayed here for about 3 nights in May 2009, as part of a tour I took with China Spree. We stayed here unexpectantly, China Spree arranged it at the last minute for whatever reason and I am sooo happy they did. The hotel was not only the best one I stayed on the tour, but probably will be the best I'll ever stay in my lifetime! The hotel seems to cater to traveling professionals/executives, with conference/meeting rooms on the 2nd floor. The lobby is fantastic and impressive, with a huge color-changing chandelier thing on the ceiling and a large fish tank behind reception/concierge.

The service at the hotel was also excellent. I was really impressed that they treated everyone so well (and I was far from dressed as a professional, I dressed pretty backpacker-ish in cargo pants and t-shirts). From the bell boys to the restaurant staff, I've never been so well-received as a guest.

The rooms were great! I had a single and the bed was deliciously comfortable, which is rare in China, where most beds are pretty stiff. This one was just perfect--not too stiff, not too soft. Room for me was quite large too. Showers were really nice too, and good English/Chinese selection on TV. For the most part, I really thought my room was super clean, the only bad thing was on my last night while lying around watching TV, I found a clipped toe nail in my sheets. :( Definitely not mine, but that was the single bad thing I found with the hotel...

The breakfast buffet is pretty good, and better yet it's up on the 49th floor! Or 50th...somewhere high on top so you can get a great view of the city. Don't bother getting goods at the bakery on the first floor, you can get them at the breakfast buffet! Food was a mix of Chinese and American continental.

Pool was indoor, I didn't go in but checked it out and looked nice. There are also gym/spa facilities.

Internet is quite expensive. I forget the price, but whatever they charged for 15 min. was the same of what Guilin/Xian charged for like an hour or so!

Location--can't really comment since we had a shuttle bus to take us around the city. But taxis are everywhere and cheap.

I would highly recommend the Pullman Shanghai Skyway Hotel! It was a nice 'luxurious' stay to the end of my 2 week trip around China!

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled solo
1  Thank e26
Reviewed May 19, 2009

had 2 nights here - the rooms are large and comfortable with spectacular views - especially the 50th floor restuarant .bit away from downtown

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled as a couple