“An experience in Shanghai”

Pullman Shanghai Skyway Hotel
Ranked #60 of 5,159 Hotels in Shanghai
Reviewed June 12, 2013

A good location to walk to the french concession, a peaceful quarter to have a meal or to buy some gifts ...
The staff is very profesional, but the rooms need a renovation with a carpet that seems from the last decade! A safety box skimming the ground...
For the lonely singers, a to be missed karaoke club chinese version at the top floor... Dońt be surprised to meet some drunk guests in the lobby!

A new cocept of Pullman?

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Patjeninks
pullmanshskyway, Manager at Pullman Shanghai Skyway Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 14, 2013

Dear Patjeninks,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Pullman Shanghai Skyway. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations; please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.

Reviewed June 10, 2013

Stayed in Pullman Shanghai for one night, and enjoyed it very much. The hotel is not far from Pudong Airport (40 minutes drive), and just opposite to Dapu metro station. Liked the buffet breakfast on the 47th floor, which provided us with more than 100 varieties. Would choose this hotel for my next visit to Shanghai

Room Tip: Not far from Pudong Airport (40 minutes drive), and just opposite to Dapu metro station.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Shijun Y,

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the Pullman Shanghai Skyway. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

Reviewed June 10, 2013

beautiful suite , elegant furnishings, clean , fresh , stylish. great service - staff is friendly and willing to help, goes the extra step to make their guests happy. The bar is elegant and has similar views over the river onto the world exhibition area. I was in awe : the breakfast was grand, Japanese, Thai, Chinese selections , as well as French, German and Scandinavian choices. Muesli , anybody? Roast beef and omelets , soups to order .
convention facility is wonderful - rooms are well prepared for slide shows and have good audio set up, round table discussion and moderator guided stage presentations are possible .
PS :nearby shopping center in walking distance as is the metro station. Nanjing Road 2 stops further . Mind the traffic - drivers seem to ignore traffic lights ,( not as bad as in Beijing) , but we did see the ambulance twice picking up the unfortunate pedestrian or biker from our windows .
PS :The shopping center has an international supermarket in the basement , from live fish to Cadbury to my beloved Haribo Gummibaerchen and JEVER beer - (das Herz des Homo expatriae lacht ).

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank curiouspalate

Dear curiouspalate,

Reviewed June 4, 2013

This was my 3rd stay at this hotel and each time I have had an amazing experience. I have always had a room above the 32nd floor as the views are sensational. Breakfast on the 49th floor is an amazing experience as one feel like one is viewing the city from an airplane. Staff are very helpful and the rooms are amazing with great beds, a very practical work station and a large flat screen TV. Real value for money.

Room Tip: Get a room as high up as possible as the views are sensational.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Hennopsrover
pullmanshskyway, Manager at Pullman Shanghai Skyway Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 9, 2013

Dear Hennopsrover,

Reviewed May 30, 2013

we were traveling with small baby 1 & 2 year old so we needed clean floors as they are playing on it a lot. My biggest disappointment was that the carpet have not been shampooed in awhile and it was quite dirty. I can tell because my kids rubbed a lot of that onto themselves.
Otherwise, the staff was friendly, good amenities (ie baby crib, dvd player, etc.) The location is good, subway is across the street and taxis are abundant (most of the time).
I would recommend this place.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Dear DJ1415,

At Pullman, we strive to provide a superior service experience for every customer; therefore your feedback is very important to us. Please rest assured that we are taking the appropriate measures to address the problem and prevent future occurrence. So far, our Houeskeeping department has made the schedule to clean the carpet in the whole building.

Also, I will share your comments with our team. I am sure that this feedback will serve as an encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services.

Reviewed May 28, 2013

I stayed for three nights and booked the cheapest room through an Australian website, it cost less than $100 AUD per night. As a Le Club Accor member, when I checked in, I was upgraded to a Junior Suite and was able to access the Executive Lounge.
The room was amazing, separate lounge, bedroom, entrance hall, ensuite. Everything was VERY clean, amenities such as shower and bathroom products all very good. Breakfast in the lounge on the 32nd floor was good. A great selection of different foods, but the one thing which was lacking was the Chinese food! But that didn't really detract from the experience, having been in an European hotel.
The staff were amazing, in particular, Ken (checked me in on Saturday night). He could not have been more polite and friendly. English is not the first language of many of the staff members, but they really do make an effort, and for that, I applaud them.
Unreal location, being almost directly opposite Dapuqiao station, this was such a great place to stay.

One of the lamps in the room didn't have a bulb (room 1606) but apart from that, I couldn't really fault it. As another contributor has written, if you're using a Mac, bring an Ethernet adapter. I just went over the road to the shopping centre and found a Mac reseller who sold me one (about 250RMB, Apple-branded).

Something which needs to be looked at is the lifts. There were maybe 10 or 11 lift shafts, but when you select the button at one end, it only registers on four or five of the lifts, and at times, I think I had to wait up to five minutes before a lift would arrive (especially when on the pool level!), so each time I would want the lift, you would have to go and press each of the up or down arrows on the lifts or you could wait forever. So something needs to be fixed there.

I believe the Executive Lounge is moving up to the Presidential Suite (55 floor or similar), so the view will be amazing once that is done.

MOST amazingly comfortable bed I've slept in!!!!

Room Tip: Ask for a room which looks toward Pudong. This is NOT room 1605-1608. I think they're around roo...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo

Dear TVH3121,

Reviewed May 28, 2013

The hotel is fine, however it quite old and overpriced. It is not at the "pullman" standard that I have come to know from this brand of hotel. Beds are hard, rooms are old, there is no wifi in the rooms, breakfast is average and locations isn't great.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business