“Great hotel”

Ranked #214 of 5,105 Hotels in Shanghai
Copenhagen, Denmark
“Great hotel”
Reviewed September 9, 2012

The stay at Pudi was great. The staff was very friendly and helpful. They arranged any request of restaurant bookings, and were able to get tables at the most popular places in Shanghai.

The room was large and have all the necessities you need: A great king size bed, a desk, mini bar and facilities to make a cup of coffee.

Big size bathroom with double sink, tub and shower. At the 6 floor there was not much pressure on the water, so I am not sure if it is possible to get the tub full of water.

Access to wireless internet that works perfect with no limitations besides the great Chinese fire wall that does not allow websites like Facebook.

The location of the hotel is perfect the neighbourhood is quiet next to Fuxing Park, short distance to the metro and shopping.

Two small complains: the light in the room is limited and especially by the bed. By accident we broke a glass; surprisingly this was added to the bill by 167 Yuan, which seems to be a little overprized in China.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Japan
Reviewed August 30, 2012

have stayed in this Pudi Boutique Hotel for a week as a “room only” basis. I didn't try food. I'm therefore only in position to review my room – standard double room.

The room was – absolutely impressive. Large room, bathroom with massive windows, large kitchen area with microwaves and a sink. Great amenity in the bathroom as well.

To be “fashionable” or “cool”, the hotel room and common area is rather dark. I had some difficulties to find the door knob at the corridor.

Although some reviewers found hotel staffs were unfriendly, they were OK to me. They did what I requested with acceptable manner. I do not have any complain with hotel staff.

If you tend to sleep until late (like me), you'd better to put “Do Not Disturb” sign as you go to bed. Otherwise a cleaner will knock your door as early as 8:30 in the morning!

If you use metro, South Huangpi Rd station is 5min away on foot but would be required to climb up and down a footbridge.

You may want to pay attention for the additional charge. For instance, you will find a box of pen (contains 4 pens) which costs RMB177 (EUR22 with current exchange rate). You can imagine all the rest of the prices. If you need something, just walk to Family Mart on the next door.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank Tochitsuteta
Reviewed August 19, 2012

Stylish decor with great ambience. Big room with huge bathroom. Located in city centre, easy access to shopping/ dining places. Receptions are smart and efficient. The little area with side sofa near the window is cozy, but guess some guests may have missed out the fancy window shade control. I also like the pair of slippers, and the L'occitane bathset.

No complaints, but if required, my recommendations are:
1) Pillows are not comfortable enough. Better with more choices.
2) The TV cabinet is a bit too close to the bed.
3) Can't find the numbers for reception, telephone operator, cleaning etc.
4) The toilet roll hanger fell off during my stay.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
KimiPudihotel, Front Office Manager at Pudi Boutique Hotel, responded to this review, August 28, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for posting your comments.

We do have 8 choices for pillows and it's one of our special services, i am sorry that my butler team did not provide such information to you, and i will retrain them to meet our hotel standards.

Exceed guest's expections is consistently our objectives and goals, our management team will discuss your comments and take action to make improvement.

We hope there is another chance to serve you in the near future.
San Diego, California
Reviewed August 14, 2012

Stayed at Pudi Boutique for two days before joining tour and moving to Ritz Carlton. The Pudi Boutique was an extremely good value, the staff was very helpful and attentive , the restaurant was wonderful (we only ate breakfast there) and the room was superb, but not much of a view. But the view from the rooftop terrace was excellent, and were the martinis. The Ritz was pitiful compared to Pudi. If you don't stay at the Pudi when you are in Shanghai, you are screwing yourself. If there was one complaint, it was that the staff would only leave one roll of toilet paper in the room, but they were quite on the spot if you called for another.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
China
Reviewed August 7, 2012

Living in China and travelling often to Shanghai I'm always looking for good value non 5 star hotels. The Pudi Boutique hotel looked great from the photos and on entering the reception area the ambience felt warm and inviting if a little dark. The room was large with too much fancy lighting everywhere. The doors were falling off the bar area, the water dripped into the bath at a very slow rate making it impossible to fill.
The breakfast room is small with limited food selection.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for posting your comments on tripadvisor's website.

I have talked with our housekeeping and F&B Mgr about your case, they will find out what's going wrong in order to improve our standards and services.

Your case happened remind us that we need to pay more attention to our daily operations, if possible, I would like to take care of your reservation personally at fom@boutiquehotel.cc when you come back to us.

We hope there is another chance to serve you in the future.
Toronto
Reviewed August 1, 2012

Stayed 5 nights with my family in July 2012.
Very nice and clean hotel, but lighting a little dim.
Staff were very attentive and spoke English. I blew the electrical fuse the first night and they response immediately. Fuxing park right next to hotel and lots of shops and restaurants near by.
No hotel amenities (ie swimming pool) for kids.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 30, 2012

OK - I've read other reviews and I'm left wondering if I stayed at the same hotel...firstly have a look a the photo I've attached - this is a towel that I rubbed on the wall of the shower at about waist height - absolutely caked in black grime. I noticed something not quite right when I took a shower on arrival - so after I'd finished I returned to investigate and produced that evidence. Not a happy bunny I went to reception to show them. I was then offered another room - a corner one - an upgrade so I was somewhat placated but still a little disturbed that the rooms could be THAT dirty. So no drama for a day or so, but on my third night after a long day at work I get back to the room at 7.00pm and the maid is still making the room up - I just wanted a shower but disappeared to let her finish. That night I'm switching the lights off when I'm unable to find the switch for the fancy TV/bar console at the end of the bed. I can no more find the switch than jump over the moon - so OK call reception to ask - can't find a number for reception anywhere - so I walk down there to get someone to turn off the light - (the switch is actually hidden behind one of the shelves on the unit - you'd never find it in a million years). Oh I forgot - there were nice big windows in the room with blinds - you couldn't see out of the windows because the blinds were closed and you couldn't open them - nice touch. By this point i was just plain sick of the place and couldn't wait to check out next morning. No one bother to ask about my stay so I didn't tell them. Rack rate £170/night - you've got to be kidding.

July 24-27 - stayed in room 509 Mr Hotel Manager

Room Tip: Stay in another hotel
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Mike F
Dear Mr. Michael,

Thank you for posting your comments, I have had a meeting with our housekeeping manager, and discussed each point you mentioned in your comments.

I sincerely sorry for your unpleasent experiences during your stay, your case happened remind us that more attention should be paid during our daily operation and maintainance. Normally our housekeeper cleans the in house rooms during day time unless there is a special request, our housekeeper record shows that your room finished cleaning process at 12:03 on 26th july, so at 19:00 our maid was just did the turndown service for you. For the master switch, it is on the left side of the bed, maybe we didn't put a clear sign so you failed to find it.

Naturally we are keen to redeem our reputation and with this in mind may I kindly request you to contact me in person at fom@boutiquehotel.cc so I can investigate all the issues addressed by you.

Finally, thank you again for sharing your experience with us which will encourage us doing better to match our customers' satisfaction.